Looking for partners for the TAT 2015

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Bbenson, Nov 3, 2014.

1. BuffaloStapler

BuffaloStapler Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm also planning on riding the TAT solo, but would welcome some riding partners for bits and pieces, depending on schedules and riding style. I will be leaving my hometown in Eastern Canada in mid May, heading to the start of the TAT in TN, hopefully to be able to start the TAT by late May at the latest.

I'm relatively new to off-road riding, and will be taking my 1997 dr350SE for the trip. Crossing the states via the TAT is the first leg of my planned trip, which will be followed by heading south to Panama, then back up to Eastern Canada (about 4 months total).

In the western part of the trail, I will be taking the Utah to California portion of the TAT (as per GPSkevin's maps), not the Utah to Oregon bit. I've got no set schedule, but would like to get from Tennessee to California in about 3-4 weeks.

I plan on mostly camping, unless either the weather is horrible, or cheap accommodations are available.

If anyone wants to tag along, let me know!
  2. Bbenson

Bbenson Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Due to my job on the show gotham I have to reschedule for next year. I will continue to post my bike build. Good luck to all those going for it.
  3. NicorAdv

NicorAdv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When i was going to run the TAT to Or. starting in early June, was told the passes and most other places would still be snowed in. No idea of the route and terrain on the Southern route to Calif. Something that probably needs to be looked into.
  4. g.mccormick

g.mccormick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I plan to be soloing the TAT from OK to OR early Sept. depending on work. I may push the trip to mid-August, but I'm hoping for Sept.
  5. gdinunzio

gdinunzio n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey all

I'm planning my TAT ride in the next few weeks...If anyone wants to ride along then let me know...I am pretty new to off road riding, so i am in the midst of getting myself together.

I am planning to leave the NYC area in the next few weeks...

GL
  6. NicorAdv

Oddometer:
    I am full up with a ride from next week till mid July.
    Would like to run the TAT in Sep. I'll keep track here.
  7. Molonlabemike

Molonlabemike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Planning on starting the TAT solo towards the end of Aug/sept 1. I am quitting my job and taking about 30 days give or take to do the trip. Anyone else from west cost?
  8. juno

juno Long timer

Oddometer:
    What is the distance remaining from western OK to OR?
    I have 17 days starting sep 3. Might be able to squeeze more...
  9. BuffaloStapler

BuffaloStapler Adventurer

Oddometer:

Hi Nicor, thanks for the tip, I was aware of the possibility of snow in the high passes, and my plan is to find go-arounds if that is the case. My intention isn't to ride every mile of the TAT, but simply to use it as a general guideline for a cross country trip!
  10. 105suz

105suz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am leaving for The Outer Banks of NC. the first or second week of June. Will start the TAT from there. 51 Y/O mostly motocross and harescramble background.
  11. g.mccormick

g.mccormick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll know when I get done mapping, but according to adding up the distances from Sam's website, it appears to be 3038miles.

TAT : Oklahoma 16 674 -miles $48

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

TAT : New Mexico 2 60-miles $26

TAT : Colorado 13 589-miles $46

TAT : Utah 11 492-miles $42

TAT : Nevada 16 674-miles $46

TAT : Oregon 6 549-miles
  12. NicorAdv

Oddometer:
  13. wowens

wowens Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Posted elsewhere in this forum, but planning to leave Tennessee in early July (~ 7/5) and ride all the way. Ridden western half of TAT previously, planning to average ~ 150-180 miles per day. This will be my fifth extensive dirt bike trip (Copper Canyon 3X, Columbia, and TAT), so semi-experienced, moderate pace.
    If anyone else is planning to leave around this time, drop me a line or post here. As my plans solidify, I will post updates here.
    :D
  14. Clem Kevin

Clem Kevin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone transporting bikes out east at the end of the month? I'm hoping to ride Moab-Bend starting around June 1st.
  15. Bdowntime

Bdowntime Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I live about 25 miles from the start; will be leaving solo on May 31st. I plan on riding around UT for a few days before heading back. Maybe I'll see some of you folks out there! I have a three week pass from the warden, and I plan on using everyday of it. I have to be back for my daughter's birthday at the beginning of July.
    B
  16. NicorAdv

Oddometer:
    I'll do the full TAT with someone leaving out from Tellico Plains the first week of Sept.
  17. Johnny Mack

Johnny Mack Lucky Guy

Oddometer:
    I was wondering if you decided on a date? I know I'm headed out before you but I might can help you with some info since I'll be out the month of July. I'm actually doing gps Kevins tracks from New York to LA. I'll be in your neck of the woods the end of this month. Were trying to get a good photo of our bikes with the Statue of Liberty if you have any suggestions I'd appreciate it. I know your headed for Tennessee I'm in Little Rock, AR TAT trail is 40 miles north of me in Beebe, AR if you wanted to ship anything to my shop in advance I'd help in anyway I could. If you need assistance in Arkansas let me know.
  18. rtwpaul

rtwpaul out riding... Supporter

Oddometer:
    you didn't mention exact dates in July, i plan on being at 40.692709, -74.056690 on Sunday July 11th and then heading off to OR on a mix of Kevins and Sams tracks

All depends if my eastbound section (sig. line RR) goes according to plan; weather and mechanical etc...PM me if i should be looking for you
  19. 175grams

175grams Old Town Outfitters, Antigua, Guatemala

Oddometer:
    Do you have an idea of your timing from NY (July 11th) heading east... i.e. about when you would hit Colorado? J just started thinking about doing that route (NY to CO) in July, maybe dates would align.
  20. turtlemoye

turtlemoye I'd rather not be online. Supporter

Oddometer:
    I didn't read the entire thread (yeah I suck) but I'm planning to do it solo leaving in early July (1-7th). My dates are flexible and I live in central NC but can meet up with someone in Tellico Plains and go from there.