Looking for Pocono Mtns GPS routes

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by thejosh, Jul 26, 2008.

1. thejosh

thejosh Chump

Oddometer:
    Anyone live/ ride up in the pocono's? I am doing a 3 day trip up there to do a little street oriented DS ride with a couple buddys this week and any suggestions would be welcome.
    If any of you guys have some GPS routes for riding up there I would appreciate some advice or jsut a list of must ride roads. We are doing this mid week so I am not expecting too much traffic but I have never been there before and have no idea what to expect.

thanks guys!
  2. thejosh

thejosh Chump

Oddometer:
    No one wants to share?
  3. rob23

rob23 on the pipe

Oddometer:
    I have some very difficult, rocky, nasty trails in that area but I don't think that's what you're looking for..

Attached are some routes around the Delaware Water Gap National Forest, Stokes and High Point plus the Eastern Poconos. This may suite what you're looking for.

I can vouge for the NJ (based off of TNJT) routes (easy, scenic, twisties, gravel roads, very easy for big bike/street bike) and part of the PA route (south of 80 (there's some good stuff off Tott's Gap Rd if you ride slow enough to see it)). Everyting north of 80 on the PA side I still need to ride and explore.

If you ride it please send me your tracks and waypoints when you're done.

I'm also looking for Western Pocono tracks/routes if anyone has them. I'll be spending some time there in August (anyone want to ride?).
  4. thejosh

thejosh Chump

Oddometer:
    you rule, as usual!!!
    heading out tomorrow morning, I'll let you know how it goes and send the tracks when we get back.
  5. rob23

rob23 on the pipe

Oddometer:
    I cleaned up some turns

use the latest version v2..
  6. rob23

rob23 on the pipe

Oddometer:
    So, how was it?

Got any tracks, waypoints or notes for us? :deal
  7. rob23

rob23 on the pipe

Oddometer:
    I was just out there this weekend in the Jeep with the GF. Found some dirt and a lot of nice roads, wish I were on the bike..

Here's a ton of great Pocono waypoints, some routes, state forest, campgrounds, some hiking trails, places to see, eat at.. etc..

http://www.gpsroutebuilder.com/GPS/PA/Poconos_v1.gdb
  8. tuckerman

tuckerman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Could you tell me where off Tott's gap. Having trouble downloading the waypoints. Ride that area and am sure you can connect Tott's Gap from the Delware Water Gap to the Tott's gap on the Portland side by going over the ridge somehow. Thanks.

Nevermind, just pulled it up. Ride all of those routes regularly. The one on Nat'l Park Drive to Tott's gap is one of my favorites...along with Old Mine Rd. in 'Jersey of course. If you look at old maps, it shows Tott's gap connected going over the ridge. Haven't found the way so far. Don't want to do it solo, could get dicey.
  9. rob23

rob23 on the pipe

Oddometer:
    Ride to the end of Tott's Gap, go around the gate (illegal), go to the top of the mountain where the tower is (large rocky loose gravel with steep incline/decline), cross the AT and ride down the mountain. Once your cross the AT the road turns into more of a trail. All the quad trails are off Tot's Gap Rd on that side of the powerlines. I bet it's all illegal but there's a ton of "in-use" trails there. There is a muddy dirt road that goes back to a lake that's pretty long too, you'll see the trailheads from there.
  10. tuckerman

tuckerman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Fun stuff, I remember being up there years ago when the gates weren't up. Still just as much fun, just gotta watch.
  11. rdhj

rdhj NJ Dual Sport Rider

Oddometer:
    how much of these routes are dirt roads? Looking for something with some easy adventure stuff...