Looking for Topaz to Mammoth

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - West & PNW' started by sandgren, Jun 13, 2006.

1. sandgren

sandgren Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am looking for a good GPS route from Lake Topaz in Nevada to Mammoth and back.

I rode a two day ride on a loop to Mammoth and back, but before I had a gps so I could not track it.

We went to an area I remember as "Top of the World", a little single track before that.

I remember hitting a town for lunch and fuel, then going out by a large volcanic ash mountain that we rode down for fun. Then went into Mammoth and stayed the night. The next day we left and seemed to ride most of Nevada back, stopping in a basically a restaurant/gas station town for lunch. The last stretch seemed like we hit some marsh type land, then ran a dirt road back to the trucks.

Countdown, maybe you could help me out. I rode it with Gill, Jerry Jenkins, my dad Stan Sandgren.

Let me know if what I described jogs your memory.
  2. christian

christian Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think there are a few routes on my site around this area.
    I also believe countdown private library has route too.
  3. sandgren

sandgren Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yea, I looked on Gpsxchange, but couldnt find a route that started at Topaz. Most were day loops out of Mammoth.
  4. bilmunson

bilmunson Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Counts does a Topaz ride that goes to Bodie,Bridgeport to the South and goes on top of MT Patterson 11,600. His SMTS site may connect Topaz to Mammoth
  5. Countdown

Countdown Long timer

Oddometer:
    I will be putting the Topaz area in my private library soon as part of the SMTS. Still need to move a few rocks from a couple of trails, could use some help (hint, hint).

I created the tracks from Gil's last Topaz to Mammoth and back if you want that.
  6. sandgren

sandgren Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yea I'd love to get a set of tracks for the Topaz to Mammoth and Back.

Also if you guys do ever need some help on some of the trails, let me know and if I'm not busy that weekend or weekday I'm sure I could get up there to help out.
  7. Countdown

Countdown Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is my latest.

Attached Files:

Bonnie & Clyde likes this.