Looking to purchase new Suit

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by listener, May 24, 2020.

1. listener

listener Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello everyone. First post here (apart from intro.) Hopefully I will be able to contribute as well as ask for help :)

Right now I'm looking to get new Suit (jacket and pants). I am planning to do two longer-ish trips this year each maybe 2 weeks around Europe camping where possible also I live in Cologne, Germany so basically what I'm searching is all weather, can stand rain good (I'm looking in to laminated gtx stuff) and also has decent cold weather protection when needed.

I don't think I will be riding extensively off-road at most that will be some trails and dirt roads nothing scary and technical.

I was looking at Revit Trench GTX because I like the style that is more casual can work with number of situations but I am fine with going full ADV colors as well.

I would love to hear opinions and experiences, also I am fine with more expensive options but I would not go for 1000+ Euro for jacket just because it seems to me that gear would be just wasted and waste of money currently for type of use I would have off it (Maybe I'm mistaken though that is why I'm asking you guys:) )
  2. PeteAndersson

PeteAndersson Swede

Oddometer:
    I also liked the look of the Trench but it didn't fit me at all so I bought a Dainese Tonale instead, it's not GoreTex so I was a little suspicious but during the month I've used it it has been waterproof. It is also very warm, but it's still quite cold in the mornings when i leave for work, so I'm happy about that so far. I payed a fair bit less than any laminated GoreTex jacket I could find.
  3. Yooper_Bob

Yooper_Bob Insert witty saying here....

Oddometer:
    None of my jackets/pants/gloves/boots/helmets are the same brand.... don't be afraid to mix and match what ever gear fits/works best.

You don't have to look like you stepped out of a catalog page!
  4. Manray

Manray Killing Time

Oddometer:
    FC Moto is close to Aachen and carries many brands (Rukka, Rev'It etc..) to try on for fit and sizing. Since you're in Germany, why not look at German made gear; Stadler or Touratech. Both brands are among the best.
  5. listener

listener Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was looking at Stadler they are really good only the price is crazy (not that its not justified) but I think for my riding that might be really an overkill maybe in the future. Right now I'm looking at above mentioned Trench jacket but also at Dianese dolomiti seems also like nice option (though not laminated). Also Revit Poseidon 2 GTX seems like valid option.
  6. out rider

out rider You Go First

Oddometer:
    When I saw "suit" I thought maybe you was close to death and wanted to look good in the casket.