Loose adventure case lid 2009GSA on Merritt Pkwy

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by lhendrik, May 22, 2020 at 12:46 PM.

1. lhendrik

lhendrik Putins Puppet

Oddometer:
    A quick thanks to the bmw rider wearing a ‘Stich high vis yellow suit southbound on the CT Merritt Parkway southbound (Westport area?) early this afternoon. As you passed you pointed down l to your adventure case and I thought you were admiring my black clad cases, until I looked back and saw my right case lid flapping in the breeze trying to escape!! A quick stop and I was able to secure it without damage after wacking the hinge a few times and continue my ride safely.

thanks!
  2. CollinsB

CollinsB Long timer

Oddometer:
    ...a few years back after some spirited freeway riding, I arrived home to discover my right pannier lid was gone. I've since installed leashes on each lid, and always double check before and while riding that latches are locked down.
    lhendrik likes this.
  3. lhendrik

lhendrik Putins Puppet

Oddometer:
    Yep, one latch was unlocked!
  4. MattR302

MattR302 Awesomeness, Inc.

Oddometer:
    I took a ride down 15 twice this week, just Hamden to Trumbull. Either I missed the announcement where they lifted all the vehicle restrictions, or the coronavirus is turning people into idiots. In those 2 short trips, I saw numerous trailers, sprinter vans, and uhaul box trucks.
  5. lhendrik

lhendrik Putins Puppet

Oddometer:
    Off topic, but I think they were idiots before the virus.