Loose Nut Dual Sport 2014: So. Illinois - Nov 1 & 2, 2014

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Loose Nut, Nov 15, 2013.

1. blrfjr

blrfjr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where was this vid shot. Looks awesome!
  2. CamelBill

CamelBill Ride It! Supporter

Oddometer:
    This is the infamous Black Bear Pass, just below the steps, heading into Telluride Colorado. Lots of fun on a 500 lb beast :evil
  3. sieg

sieg Wearing out tires......2 at a time, day after day. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Whooo......what a scary way to start a video, that head can blind somebody.:rofl
  4. nickgindy

nickgindy KLR Basher

Oddometer:
    You should go up them sometime while its sleeting with full gear on bike. ..... It makes for a miserable day.
  5. sieg

Oddometer:
    I thought you could only go up them on day a year? I'd love to do that, when it's not sleeting.
  6. nickgindy

nickgindy KLR Basher

Oddometer:
    Well. You see what happened was... Adam and I were told the road was blocked but were also told some 4 wheelers got by. So we disregarded the "Road Closed" sign and proceeded down the scary decent to the steps. Oncr around the first corner, there happened to be a big ass bulldozer and an impassible rock slide in front of it. The gear came off our bikes and bodies (minus riding pants and helmets) and since Adam was taller, he rode the bikes up step by step with me yanking the front wheel up. Then we dragged our gear up. Generally it rains every single day of every single motorcycle trip we take every single year. Last year it only rained.. Into sleet... at this particular part of the trip. Rest of the trip was perfect weather. It took us about 4 1/2 hours to get everything up the steps. That 12000 elevation sure kicked my ass! That night ended up being a hotel night in Ouray. 50ish miles the entire day.

Sent from my XT1080
  7. kanur

kanur cu new er

Oddometer:
    :freaky :clap :freaky
    I always go around road closed signs...........till I get to where the road is closed :lol3
  8. sieg

Oddometer:
    Those signs do not apply to motorcycles.:deal Like speed signs and such. M/C are exempt.
  9. 1stgenfarmboy

1stgenfarmboy The Sherpa Man

Oddometer:
    Big Dog....I gave the first one a very prestigious spot on my (new to me Schuberth ) and the other one will go on the bike... :clap:clap:clap

[​IMG]

I love them.
  10. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Awesome---they did turn out pretty good.

BigDog
  11. 1stgenfarmboy

Oddometer:
    My boy and I rode about 4 hours yesterday on eagle mountain road by Gleno Jones lake, there are 3-4 forest service roads that turn off of eagle mountain that needs to be a must on the next Loose nut southern ILL ride, it is very technical and would add a little spin on a ride, it could easily be bypassed for the bigger bikes and two ups and the ones that just are not comfy on rocks or going over logs. :clap the ride would be better if it was dry.

I wouldn't call it single track, but that's only because there are two sets of tracks, by far the best ride I have ever done in this state.
  12. silver shadow

silver shadow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I might try to ride when I come down to see my sis shes close to Firn Cliff St park, or maybe I should ask where Gleno Lake is. I dont see a town called Gleno? Thank You!
  13. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Closest town to Eagle Mtn is Herod--------not really a town at all anymore------no facilities there at all. The store is gone.

There is no town Gleno.

I think you are referring to Glen O'Jones Lake.
    Kind of hard to tell you where the Lake it if you don't know the area-----it will be on a any map--look about 9 miles Northeast of Herod.

BigDog
  14. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    They have a nice campground:deal

[​IMG]
  15. Loose Nut

Loose Nut wannabe Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    so much in the area that we weren't able to include..........i'm ready to go back and ride some more........
  16. yepimabiker

yepimabiker Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry it has taken me so long to say thanks for an awsome ride ! I had to catch a towboat 2 days after the ride and didnt have time to get on the comp an we dont have decent internet out there ! So Thanks to Ozark Dave for letting me park at his place and everybody who set up the ride . Also to the two guys i hooked up with on the klr and ktm sorry i cant remember your names . But i really enjoyed riding with y'all ! I really hope i can make the ride again next year !
  17. 1stgenfarmboy

Oddometer:
    Harrisburg is just a few miles north-west of Glen-o-jones lake, take RT34 south out of Hburg to the brown sign to Glen-o-jones (east), take third road to left, then right on stone face rd (gravel), then first left on Eagle mtn road. Glen-O-Jones lake is 7 miles strait north of Garden of the Gods.

If your on the Tiger I would skip the forest service roads and only ride Eagle Mtn rd, they would be rough on a big bike, but the husky would be a blast on them.
  18. 1stgenfarmboy

Oddometer:
    When you and BD come down for a ride a bought give me a holler and I will try to keep up on the little Sherpa.
  19. silver shadow

silver shadow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :d:d
  20. Loose Nut

Loose Nut wannabe Super Supporter

Oddometer:

will give ya a holler!