Loose Nut Dual Sport 2014: So. Illinois - Nov 1 & 2, 2014

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Loose Nut, Nov 15, 2013.

1. silver shadow

silver shadow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :lol3:lol3
  2. silver shadow

Oddometer:
    Sieg was it you, that I talked to, I think you said their was PRETTY GOOD used Ktms from people on Adv rider forums OR maybe Camel Bill where do you find those bikes on these forums THANKS STEVE:evil
  3. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not sure Sieg is still subscribed to this thread------but all you need to do is go to the "Flea Market"----then "Bike" forum.

There is no specific KTM's for sale forum------just got to watch in the flea market.

BigDog
  4. silver shadow

Oddometer:
    :rofl
  5. JerryMac

JerryMac Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to send out a thanks to BigDog and Loosenut for these tracks, if ya happened to notice this post. I couldn't make the official ride but managed to ride day one and half of day two on Wed and Thurs this week. With the leaves on the trees making shaded winding roads, it really was a nice ride. Enjoyed the long gravelly creek and a nice section of primitive road right after the gravel pit ("hole"). Met an old mussgie fisherman on the river and then ate at Bottoms Up. I've road much of the eastern part of the ride before and enjoy the Shawnee forest. Thanks again.
  6. kurtzinpa

kurtzinpa KurtzInPA

Oddometer:
    Now in Carterville, IL for long haul... or snow.
    I missed the ride too... Anyone who wants to go on it soon I'll tag along. Need to find the route. I'm on Crab Orchard Lake near Carbondale for the next couple months. Then traveling out west for a month or so.
  7. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    You are so welcome JerryMac

Kurtzinpa----------everything you need to know including the tracks for the ride is in the first few posts---------------tracks in the first one.

BigDog
  8. TigerXC

TigerXC Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was finally able to get down to Fern Clyffe SP and sample the tracks from last years ride.

[​IMG]

I started off following the Saturday track...which quickly lead me to a slippery water and algae covered rock crossing...was there water there in November?

[​IMG]

What an absolutely fantastic route. Nice combination of trails. I've never been through this part of IL so was pleasantly surprised with the terrain.

It seems as if he area is waterlogged as fields and rivers seemed to be flooded. There were many washed out trails as well.

[​IMG]

Then came across this...but was able to get around it.

[​IMG]

I had to detour when I got to this point...

[​IMG]

They were not kidding...

[​IMG]

I was not able to run both days tracks, but this has whetted my appetite and am looking forward to seeing what is in store for LN2015.
  9. blrfjr

blrfjr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Im planning to ride these tracks this weekend. Hopefully the campground isn't full. If anyone would like to join me you are welcome to. I'll be there Friday night after work. I plan to ride all day Saturday and part of Sunday till I need to head back home to Indy
  10. kurtzinpa

kurtzinpa KurtzInPA

Oddometer:
    Hey, BLRFJR! I might be able to do Saturday/Sunday!! I only live 30 minutes from Fyrnnee Clyffie. Just put a new Mitas E-07 on the rear of the 650 and need to ruff them up a bit. Check the park for campsites available. I live in Carterville IL, across Rt 13 from Crab Orchard Lake Campground. This place will sell out quick but I have a space until Friday. You can take it over for the weekend. $10/night with my senior card.
    blrfjr likes this.
  11. blrfjr

blrfjr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds great! I tried to reserve a site but all that was available was the first come first served.
  12. kurtzinpa

kurtzinpa KurtzInPA

Oddometer:
    OK, got your msg. booking us in to Crab Orchard for Friday Saturday.
  13. Loose Nut

Loose Nut wannabe Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    hope you guys have a GREAT ride.......it's a beautiful area!

Enjoy and be Safe
  14. blrfjr

blrfjr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Loose Nut, I already know that I will not be able to make it to LN 2015. BUT, Im wrenching my hands in anticipation of the chance to do the tracks at a latter date. Thanks to all who help out with everything that needs done for one of these events, THANKS!
    Loose Nut likes this.
  15. kurtzinpa

kurtzinpa KurtzInPA

Oddometer:
  16. kurtzinpa

kurtzinpa KurtzInPA

Oddometer:
    Here's photo recap of our ride... Perfect weather! PHOTOS <<<
    Loose Nut likes this.
  17. Loose Nut

Oddometer:
    Please NOTE:

one of Inmates has had a very bad experience at the Lake Tree Inn - It may not be a recommended choice - use your own judgement before staying there.

this happened on the weekend of the Oct. 17, 2015. he had a bad vibe from the owner when checking in and thought maybe he should have gone somewhere else then, but didn't.

while out riding the Saturday '14 track, someone (hotel staff?) got into his room and went through his belongings and stole over $100.00 in cash from his luggage. this wasn't discovered this until about 10:00pm Saturday night. the 1 person on duty was confronted and denied stealing anything. it took till 1:30 in the morning to get the motel owners back to the motel. The motel owners denied everything when asked about the theft. the Williamson County sheriff was called and the situation was turned into a case. the sheriff said that the staff knew it couldn't be traced and that they could get away with it. The sheriff also said, "If you come down again, don't stay here, stay at a motel in Marion."

late night, no sleep, and no safe place to leave belongings while riding Sunday, packed up his stuff and hit the road back home for the 360 mile drive at 3:00 in the morning.

Inmates Experience - Shreiffs recommendation - possible shady enterprise - there was also other issues that caught attentions.

Until i get a chance to update GPS file - please consider other lodging opportunities.
  18. MCRIDER1959

MCRIDER1959 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mt.vernon, IL. Located right next to nothing
    Steve!! I can't read any of those yellow words on white back ground.
  19. Loose Nut

Oddometer:

ok.....i have black background and it's ok........will edit andchange to red text
  20. wanderer351

wanderer351 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    AWSOME ROUTE!!...is this all legal roads? i.e. legal to follow this route with a 4x4 truck?