Loose Nut Dual Sport 2015: SE Indiana - Nov 7 & 8, 2015

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Loose Nut, Nov 4, 2014.

1. brewski83

brewski83 Squatch Hunter

Oddometer:
    Was just there today! Had to take the old man down to Paducah to pick up his *cough* harley *cough* so we decided to swing in for lunch. Cool place and good food!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Loose Nut, EBR458 and randomride like this.
  2. Paper

Paper I can see Iowa from my yard!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've never ridden the LBL200 and am wondering (barring torrential monsoon weather) what sort of terrain I should expect?

I'll be on a Husky TE250..
  3. jtclark13

jtclark13 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    There's nothing terribly hard, but it definitely has some slippery sections even when it's dry. When it's sloppy it's still fun. I think it was 3 years ago when 2" came down on Friday night and it was chaos, but still doable. When it's dry there are sections where you really have to use your head, it lets you run faster than your skills should allow. I'm bummed it sold out so quick his year, it'll be the first time I've missed my favorite ride of the year since I got back on the bike. It'll be the first one my dad has missed since the beginning 28 (or close) years ago. If you're in have fun!
  4. Paper

Oddometer:
    Excellent, and thank you!
    Yes, I have a spot, and I'm basically trying to decide if I need to spoon new rubber on before the ride.. Other than a couple short rides to work, the tires are just like they were when I got back from the Forest City Dual Sport in Leaf River, IL last fall.. I've got new tires and time this weekend, but I'm sure I can get a nice ride out of these as long as it's not a complete mud ride.. Even that wouldn't be bad since a good amount of the ride last fall was pretty wet..

[​IMG]

Thinking... :hmmmmm:hmmmmm

:lol3
  5. jtclark13

Oddometer:
    I'd say it's the easiest but most fun DS I ride, so if the tires are decent you should be fine. But I'm a 2-3 DS ride a year slow guy, so you may ride way out of my skill set and need more than I do. I had some new S12s on last year and probably got more traction than I needed and landed on my head in a couple of corners-lol! :muutt
  6. Paper

Oddometer:
    I'm out to do the following:
    Have fun
    Not get hurt
    And have fun

Oh, and have fun

The stuff I'm used to is tight and technical, but I'm not fast. I'm looking forward to it!!
    Thanks for the info!!
    zxrider11 likes this.
  7. jtclark13

Oddometer:
    That's what LBL is all about, I'm jealous and a little bitter I won't get there...
  8. HappyCRNA

HappyCRNA Paper chaser Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    You're safe, SugarNuts...
    They only reserve a fraction of the sites. The others are on a First-Come, First-Served basis. I don't live too far and plan to head over kinda early to get a site. In order to claim a site you hafta at least pitch a tent on it. I'm happy to see what's available and text you (if you'll PM me your digits) then toss a tent on a site if you see something you like.

Of course, I'll have a site with a tiny toy-hauler on it, so there'll prolly be tent room too if someone's site-less!
  9. HappyCRNA

Oddometer:
    You can still come and hang out - there's plenty to ride without being part of the LBL200. The roads in the 300s are ass-kickers...make your own DS ride!
  10. avrz10

avrz10 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ohhh. Tell me more. Must find this. I am in
  11. jtclark13

Oddometer:
    Agreed, riding my GSA down! My dad is being honored as the Grand Marshal, can't miss that even though I can't ride with him. Plenty of fun to be had outside of amazing tracks LBL always offers.
  12. mcrider18

mcrider18 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  13. Boardhead

Boardhead If you have knobbies, you have a choice.

Oddometer:
    SW Indiana, Where the Wabash runs into the Ohio
  14. jejeosborne

jejeosborne Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Tried to go to Patti's this weekend but it was a 3 hour wait.
  15. HappyCRNA

Oddometer:
    Heads Up:
    Patti's is really 2 restaurants in one. The Patti's side always books up first, however the other side has the same decor and menu and is called Mr. Bill's. Sometimes the hostesses will ask if you want them to see if there's anything available over there, sometimes they don't. The entrances are separate, but we've always been able to get in there without reservations.
    Hope this helps
  16. HappyCRNA

Oddometer:
    I'm just hoping I survive intact. I've already kissed my pride goodbye, I just hope that's the only casualty.
    Paper likes this.
  17. Kaveman

Kaveman Unga.. Bunga..... Supporter

Oddometer: