1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Loose Nut Dual Sport 2015: SE Indiana - Nov 7 & 8, 2015

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Loose Nut, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Old 179

Old 179 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Edit: I see where Loosenut already had made a post on this!

Based off of your pic I would say Madison 2015 ride. Eventually you need to do all four of them, 2018 as well. There are spots on the 2015 tracks that are now posted private property even though they were legal roads at the time. There are always go arounds.

I would also eventually look into those Hoosier National Forest & SHAT rides as well.
    Riders for Striders is a good ride that raises money for a good cause.

Beings you are from Central Illinois, I would look into the Kaveman's rides. Lots of creek crossings, grass county roads, etc. and they are based out of Oblong City Park. Past two years tracks had past the Charleston area.

I have the "Southern Eyes Trail" thread for the Southern Indiana/Illinois area. It is a two year project with 700 miles already done. If you like asphalt you will not like this trail system.

Keep your eyes on the Central Forum for there is riding everywhere in our region.
  2. TrialnError

TrialnError n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for all the input - I have been looking at the ride out of Charleston well. Now a bit older than in the picture :-)
  3. TrialnError

TrialnError n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for all your work on these routes. We did the Southern Il route about a month ago and had a blast.
    Loose Nut likes this.
  4. Old 179

Old 179 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We just lost another water crossing on LN 2015

Last month the county put up barriers on the north side of the “Slick Xing” which is west of Madison on the Saturday AM ride. (There are holes for motorcycle to go thru if you don’t see anyone out, but you did not hear that from me!) Found this the other day while scouting out a track for the Marengo-Madison connector.

Did stopped and talked to the home owner who was outside at the time. He had no issues with us M/C riders, but the side by sides, jeeps, etc.. He has lived there close to 20 years but the past couple years has really been bad. All hours of the day/ nights these people would play in the creek beyond the road right of way. Would knock on his door for help, etc. He finally had enough!
    Loose Nut likes this.
  5. sieg

sieg Wearing out tires......2 at a time, day after day. Supporter

Oddometer:
    So he barricaded the county road?
    Loose Nut likes this.
  6. Old 179

Old 179 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No, he and his neighbor had got with the County government. The county department put out some concrete barriers plus the usual reflective tape fiberglass barricades. I should had taken a pic.
  7. Loose Nut

Loose Nut wannabe Super Supporter

Oddometer:

dang.......hate to hear that
  8. jtclark13

jtclark13 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good to know, that's one I've been wanting to ride again this Fall since it's so close. I have ridden the Sunday route this year, but not the Saturday ride.