1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Loose Nut Dual Sport Ride 2019 – Eastern KY – Nov 2nd & 3rd, 2019

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Loose Nut, Jan 19, 2019.

1. sieg

sieg Wearing out tires......2 at a time, day after day. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well we rode all of Friday, Saturday and Sunday's tracks except the knobby sections. We didn't finish Saturday's on Saturday so we ran it backwards today to where we left off.
    Thank you Steve and Shanta........and the crew. I know you've got hundreds of hours and hundreds of gallons of fuel invested in this, just to see us have a great time.

20191104_151156.jpg 20191104_151200.jpg 20191104_151204.jpg
    Today was the nicest day for the week we were there.......but when we got in this afternoon everyone was gone except Team Momentum.
  2. brewski83

brewski83 Squatch Hunter

Oddometer:
    Awesome video Plowhand! And yes, if I were a squatch, I believe those mines would be a perfect place to call home
  3. Sameer Dawood

Sameer Dawood Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks Loose nut
    We appreciate it.
    Will be back again next year

Attached Files:

4. Pilgrim83

Pilgrim83 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes, great video. I agree with you on the WRR throttle. For me it's either on or off in 1st gear, there's not much feathering. Good to see and talk to you again. Take care of those hip joints!
    Imgonnago, PlowHand and Loose Nut like this.
  5. BackRoadNomad

BackRoadNomad I'm retired...go around me! Supporter

Oddometer:
    On behalf of my son and I, we truly appreciate all your time, your energy and passion for adventure motorcycling spent on this 2019 Loose Nut Ride. Bypassing the knobby sections...inadvertently all but one, we enjoyed riding together and meeting up with other adventure riders along the tracks, most I'd never met before, but hope to meet again on future rides.
    I hope no one was offended by the sign I made and posted thus continuing the parody of riders always asking - "Is this the TAT"

00000IMG_00000_BURST20191102130624461_COVER.jpg 20191102_173255.jpg IMG_20191102_113011.jpg IMG_20191102_170703.jpg MVIMG_20191102_130620.jpg IMG_20191102_101228.jpg
  6. Macau

Macau n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the advice on the bike setup, valve check and kick starting. Got a few hours in Sunday morning on the track around Shopville - another fun creek crossing.
    Loose Nut likes this.
  7. PlowHand

PlowHand Ancient, ugly and happy :-) Supporter

Oddometer:
    Really enjoyed our talk Saturday night Rob. I’m putting off, as long as I can, getting those hips attended to. Ears, eyes, legs, and even height (I used to be 6’4” :-)) are starting to go but the good news is I’m even closer to seeing Jesus! :gerg
  8. Keith1212

Keith1212 OffRoader

Oddometer:
    Thank you to Mr. and Mrs. Loose Nut. I had a great time. Hoping to come to my 4th Loose Nut ride next year where ever it may be! Thanks to everyone who helped! Special Thanks to Jerry for the corn bread!
    9.PNG 11.PNG 13.PNG 17.PNG 24.PNG 25.PNG 26.PNG 28.PNG 32.PNG 36.PNG
    jtclark13, Bhart89, sieg and 3 others like this.
  9. Loose Nut

Loose Nut wannabe Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Loved the TAT sign..........perfect addition to a GREAT weekend

PlowHand and BackRoadNomad like this.
  10. Loose Nut

Oddometer:
    PlowHand likes this.
  11. crownhorse

crownhorse Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Maybe team momentum lost its momentum
    Loose Nut and sieg like this.
  12. gluaisrothar

gluaisrothar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks to Dave Quillam (DQ) James Kimbrell, Ed from Indy and Chuck from Iowa for getting me and my WR back to the campsite after I took a tumble on Knobby A/B. You did an amazing job. Thanks to Josh and George for moral support. Thanks to Steve and Shanta for putting on an amazing event with support from Jerry and others for food (which I did not get to enjoy this year, alas). Most of all thanks to Mike (BlueFargo). My tumble 10 miles into the ride meant the end of his weekend also, and he could not have been more helpful.
    I now have a broken collar bone to match Steve’s...
    IMG_0927.jpg
  13. Loose Nut

Oddometer:

thank you for the kind words........so sorry for your get off and broken wing........I'm not enjoying mine........prayers for your quick healing
  14. Old 179

Old 179 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dang, that was a hell of a great four days (Friday-Monday) of riding! Thanks Steve! Beings we stayed at the local motel, I did not make it up to the KOA until after 8pm both nights. I did get to see a few of my fellow riders that I have met in my short year and a half of organized riding, but then missed a lot of you riders as well.

Glualsorother, get healed quickly!

On a side note, I had a group discussion with Roaddad, Kaveman & Loosenut on a (half baked) thought I had for a possible "******" sometime in the future. A good positive response from them was given Saturday night on this. No other details for now. Lets hope this happens someday!!!!!
    mr_10brook and Loose Nut like this.
  15. Backerthebiker

Backerthebiker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm so glad I finally got to ride a Loose Nut Adventure! Amazing riding, awesome features! 10/10

I rode down Friday afternoon, and got off to a nice start here in Southern Indiana:

_DSC1353.JPG

And did a little misbehaving down near New Albany:

_DSC1362.JPG

_DSC1373.JPG

Hit the interstate from Louisville to Simpsonville, then just winged it on the backroads for the rest of the way down, and was NOT Disappointed! So much great riding in Eastern Kentucky!

_DSC1378.JPG

Stayed with @CamelBill and crew (Don't have all their handles). Cabin was cozy, but there was a good frost on the bikes in the morning!

_DSC1387.JPG

_DSC1393.JPG

_DSC1400.JPG

But we all got going around 9:30, and had a great morning ride:

_DSC1424.JPG
    _DSC1428.JPG
    More coming...
    Stallard1, Bhart89, szramer and 4 others like this.
  16. Backerthebiker

Oddometer:
    These twin tunnels were AWESOME! Yeeehaawww, right?

_DSC1440.JPG

_DSC1451.JPG

_DSC1473.JPG

And all the roads were beautiful!

_DSC1475.JPG

Don't even need to talk about how cool this place was - self explanatory!

_DSC1493.JPG

_DSC1506.JPG

_DSC1518.JPG

_DSC1525.JPG

_DSC1533.JPG

_DSC1545.JPG
  17. Backerthebiker

Oddometer:
    _DSC1559.JPG

We had to skip the first big creek crossing we found. The far side looked a little too high for comfort. But we weren't shy with the next one!

_DSC1588.JPG

I tried all the morning knobbies on the ol' Tiger. First one I didn't feel like going up around the downed trees. I think I could have, but would have hated to ruin my ride that early. Hit several other knobby sections throughout the day though:

_DSC1638.JPG

_DSC1649.JPG

I got turned around at lunch for awhile, and my big bike on that single track wasn't making great time. So by the end of the day I was well behind the majority of the group. I thought it was really great though, how the backroads all took on a single track persona!

_DSC1658.JPG

I'm a sucker for cool old bridges!

_DSC1663.JPG

And this 'Creek from nowhere' was awesome!

_DSC1685.JPG

_DSC1698.JPG

At the end of the day, I had to skip most of the knobby sections because it was getting late and I had some miles to travel yet. But I did finish the main tracks Saturday!

_DSC1717.JPG
    _DSC1732.JPG
    gluaisrothar, SSE, Bhart89 and 4 others like this.
  18. Backerthebiker

Oddometer:
    I started Sunday with a flat front tire, and no tool to get the stupid Tiger front axle out. The KOA maintenance team pulled through for me though - huge shoutout to them for salvaging the day!

_DSC1747.JPG

_DSC1751.JPG

Like everyone else, I had an amazing time on the ride! Thanks to all who put the time and effort into finding everything and putting it in a nice little package for the world to enjoy! You did a great job!

- Backer
    Bhart89, JonnyH913, szramer and 8 others like this.
  19. Justarida

Justarida Genius At Large

Oddometer:
    Greetings there Backer! Great pics, That first one on the bridge in Leavenworth what a great area to ride. I'm a southern Indiana rider too. Were lucky folk!
    Backerthebiker likes this.
  20. Keith1212

Keith1212 OffRoader

Oddometer:
    Thanks for sharing the pics and the one of me riding in the cave. Enjoyed hanging with you man. If you got anymore pics of me I'd love to see em!