1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Loose Nut Dual Sport Ride 2019 – Eastern KY – Nov 2nd & 3rd, 2019

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Loose Nut, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Huggyb1972

Huggyb1972 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was lucky I didn't get busted up on that hill. Get well soon glad to have been able to help. Ed from indy aka Huggyb1972.
    gluaisrothar and Loose Nut like this.
  2. Backerthebiker

Backerthebiker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We absolutely are lucky here! Thank you!

I'll send you a link to any other shots I have of you. Sorry I had to bail on the campsite - that tent didn't sound like fun in those temps! Crazy running into you at the gas station on the way! Good riding with you!

- Backer
    Loose Nut likes this.
  3. Keith1212

Keith1212 OffRoader

Oddometer:
    Awesome thanks man. And no worries I don't blame you. I wouldn't have wanted to tent sleep in that cold lol
    Backerthebiker and Loose Nut like this.
  4. Imgonnago

Imgonnago n00b

Oddometer:
    Check out the Throttle Tamer to reduce the abrupt throttle on the WRR
    Pilgrim83 likes this.
  5. musicallydeclind

musicallydeclind Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Eight years of Loose Nut Dual Sport Rides and the only disappointment was not finishing this year's tracks! Thanks LooseNut, Mrs. LN, Raaf, RoadDad, Kenny, everyone else that scouted routes and tracks, Kaveman for loaning me a tube, and Donnie, Ditch, and Steinbaker for helping me change multiple rear tubes, and my wife for coming to Daugherty road with my pickup. It was a great adventure scraping ice off of my seat for yet another brisk Loose Nut morning. It was also a great adventure trying to keep up with KTMs and Beta's on all of the incredible knobbie sections riding a 17 year old, poorly sprung, underpowered Dizzer with a 100# pack on the back. The bike went down several times but I managed to stay standing almost every time. I got my last flat tire just shy of "KY Creek Xing 27 Deep" right after we chose to turn around because of the fleeting daylight. I chose to ride on it out of the woods and across the previous creeks to where a truck could reasonably reach. Lastly, thanks to the two gentlemen lost on Daugherty Road looking for a camp spot in a bumper-less 2003 Eclipse with Cali tags, a loud pit-bull, and no exhaust. They spotted me 4 Police-issue Detainee Zip-ties that allowed me to ride the bike up the ramp, into the truck, and ultimately into my basement for future repair. I'll get her all fixed up this winter with a new rim strip, tube, beadlock, and tire for next year's adventures.
    20191102_080658.jpg 20191102_080638.jpg 20191101_120207.jpg 20191102_143736.jpg 20191103_182458.jpg
  6. djadvrider

djadvrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Should have seen us force a handful of 990s a 1290 amd 790 up that hill!
  7. BlueFargo

BlueFargo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Would like to see some video
    Loose Nut likes this.
  8. szramer

szramer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Djadvrider /Derrick post that video of DQ clearing it on ole 990 Birch style!
    jtclark13 and BlueFargo like this.
  9. nickgindy

nickgindy KLR Basher

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  10. BlueFargo

BlueFargo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice! Thanks Nick
    Loose Nut likes this.
  11. szramer

szramer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Why u wanna take 500lb bike thru knoobies? Must be some loose nuts!:rofl:imaposer
    Btw this weekend we goin thru knoobies again on big bikes(anybody welcome join) this time little more faster since we know where to go ;)
    JamesK513 and Loose Nut like this.
  12. Kaveman

Kaveman Unga.. Bunga..... Supporter

Oddometer:
    I finally made some time to put the videos together that I took on this Epic ride. All of the videos are from Saturdays tracks and most are from the Awesome Knobby sections. We came back to Saturdays tracks on Sunday to do more of the Knobby sections we missed.

Saturday, before lunch.

Saturday, after lunch 1.

Saturday, after lunch 2.
  13. djadvrider

Oddometer:
    It wont let me post videos to the forum give me a bit ill have a your tube link of limited footage I get, or if your on face book look up
    Indiana adv/dual sport riders.
    Loose Nut likes this.
  14. djadvrider

Oddometer:
  15. djadvrider

Oddometer:
  16. djadvrider

Oddometer:
    The 1290 was already on top, didn't drop it, only killed it once or twice and needed a push. Shes big girl! Dont judge lol

17. Kaveman

Kaveman Unga.. Bunga..... Supporter

Oddometer:
    These videos are from our Sunday ride. We went back to Saturday’s tracks and rode some of the Knobby sections that we missed. Made for an Awesome ride.

Sunday 1

Sunday 2

Sunday 3
  18. crash alot

crash alot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    im going back in late march or early April to do this all over again......ill put dates on this thread for who ever wants to come, cant promise enough fish however
  19. Loose Nut

Loose Nut wannabe Super Supporter

Oddometer:

maybe I'll be healed up enough to ride this one again!
  20. jtclark13

jtclark13 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’m sure you’ll have lots of takers including myself, can’t wait to ride these again!
    Loose Nut likes this.