Loose Nut Dual Sport Ride 2019 – Eastern KY – Nov 2nd & 3rd, 2019

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Loose Nut, Jan 19, 2019.

1. crash alot

crash alot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    heck ya.....
  2. 1TRAK

1TRAK EXPLORER Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks like a great ride! I wasn't able to make this one because of injuries and a number of friends from Michigan wished to go also but had vacation/scheduling issues. We were happy to see that Steve and Shanda made it despite his accident in October.
    Thanks again for your selfless hours of effort to make this happen.
    Our group is headed down to SLADE, KY MAY 1-4 for a LOOSENUT RERUN ... GOOD TIMES!
    Five months and counting!
    LRM_EXPORT_37220387043717_20191102_182334842.jpg
  3. Justarida

Justarida Genius At Large

Oddometer:
    A big part of the adventure is the folks you meet along the way!

I put on a jacket today that I had not worn since the Loosenut ride last month. Shoved my hand into the pocket and pulled out these treasures I had forgotten about.
    Brewski and I met Mr. Holbrook during breakfast at the local Hardees (I believe he was considered a regular) He came up to us and introduced himself as he handed us these hand carved key chains he had made. Said he had made thousands and just enjoyed giving them to people. His way of starting a conversation cause I think John makes a living talking to people! What a cool guy! I'm so glad we had the opportunity to meet and talk with him. If your ever back down in the area stop in the Hardees for breakfast, I bet if your smart enough to figure out John's riddles you might get a keychain too!

BTW John has some scripture verse on the back of his cards so I take him as a believer in Christ and I will take this opportunity to wish everyone a Merry Christmas for John!

upload_2019-12-6_21-1-12.png
  4. crash alot

Oddometer:
    people like john make us feel warm and fuzzy inside, and its always a pleasure to meet these folks...…...the world needs more of them (john's)

I, myself, can not compare to these kind of folks. they are a precious and forgotten type of personality...…..assets in this world for sure.
  5. brewski83

brewski83 Squatch Hunter

Oddometer:
    Truly a one of a kind! I enjoyed watching him "entertain" the masses while we ate. Adventure riding is so much more than bikes and gravel, and I'm thankful for it!
    306dad, Justarida, Pilgrim83 and 4 others like this.
  6. 1stgenfarmboy

1stgenfarmboy The Sherpa Man

Oddometer:
    Agree that there are not enough folks like that left, my wife and I were on an anniversary trip on the BRP and stopped in the Altapass orchard, it was very early and waited for them to open, we were just sitting on a table and an old fella named Roy walked up, he was a local who walked up every day, he had some miracle oil he had bottled with chinkapin oak oil in it that they sold it in the store, he shared the secret of a long life and a good marriage, he was a joy to talk to and we were disappointed when people started pulling up.

It was one of the highlights of the trip.
  7. crash alot

Oddometer:
    3 of us here gonna ride this again backwards
    Loose Nut, (Pee Wee) and PlowHand like this.
  8. PlowHand

PlowHand Ancient, ugly and happy :-) Supporter

Oddometer:
    Be sure to make a video of your feat this time...

Loose Nut likes this.
  9. Loose Nut

Loose Nut wannabe Super Supporter

Oddometer:

enjoy........you are probably going to find some mud

a couple of the knobby tracks are a lot more challenging backwards
  10. crash alot

Oddometer:
    We did knob c backwards, the steps..... before u get to the steps, be careful, it would be very easy to crest that hill too fast and ride into a lake.....ask me how I know !!!
    PlowHand likes this.
  11. RoadDad

RoadDad n13ub Supporter

Oddometer:
    Crash, how do you know? :imaposer:imaposer:imaposer:imaposer:imaposer
    crash alot likes this.
  12. crash alot

Oddometer:
    uhmmmm ???? thinking I'm still 35 ???? ......….and on a bad ass KTM
  13. crash alot

Oddometer:
    loosenut and I actually did c backwards...….on a pre ride, …………...he let me go first after I said, '' I think we can get up these steps"

(he did on a wr, try that one my friends....KNOB C, BACKWARDS, IS A VERY TECHNICAL SECTIO!!!
    PlowHand likes this.
  14. crash alot

Oddometer:
    the downed tree on knob A was gone, I was disappointed, as I wanted to get over or around it, up hill section of knob A, I did it fairly well considering I hadn't ridden off road since Nov.

knob E , is always good, ( you have to be 35 to finish the whole section) solid ground throughout, not idea to finish that section an a klr or dr...……………….get my drift...……..there are plenty of bail outs on knob E if u can navigate your gps…..

knob R is always doable ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,stay on the gas and get across the water, just find the ripples