Louisiana ride planning ??

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by xcited, Nov 8, 2011.

1. xcited

xcited XRL

Oddometer:
    Trust me I enjoy having someone else with a tire machine put my tires on, the price is well worth it. But every time I do a tire change my self I get a little better at it. I always think to my self "You have to know this incase you get a flat on the trail." Practice makes perfect so I try to use only my bike tools and act like I am in the feild.
  2. EnduroRdr

EnduroRdr Woods Racer & D/S Rider

Oddometer:
    Formerly BR-LA, LR-AR, Houston-Tx, now South MS

Yo Tim, I see you're fairly new to ADV - Welcome aboard (in case no one else already did that). I used to be a Beemer rider several years ago (more like an addiction back then - a garage full of air heads, we used to have a regular riding group in the BR area 20 years ago, I've lost touch with most of that crew since I sold off the boxers so I dont know if there is still a strong following.) Saturday mornings at Hebert Cycles is a good way to hook up for riding buds - but you probably already know that - :freaky

Anyway I also wanted to warn you in case you were planning to meet up us with us on Jan 22, that there will be a lot of dirt mixed in on this ride. You are more than welcome to join up but I see you ride an RT so I was not sure if you were comfortable taking it off pavement so I felt obligated to point that out.

Look forward to meeting you in person at a ride in our future!
  3. EnduroRdr

EnduroRdr Woods Racer & D/S Rider

Oddometer:
    Formerly BR-LA, LR-AR, Houston-Tx, now South MS
    Yo Scott, your google map has a meeting place marked for BR folks but it is not the same location Dirty suggests.

Maybe you could add me as a collaborator on your map and I can correct it.

Or maybe better yet just add the marker for Dirty's meeting spot (corner of r-964 & west side of US61) so the BR crews can all meet at a regular familiar spot prior (there is probably a few lurkers that will just show up with out posting ahead of time) then hook up with you guys after we get our shit together at the truck stop since the BR crew assembly point (truck stop) is North of the Thompson creek bridge but south of the Miss river bridge you will be crossing anyway?

Also I see you have the second meeting point estimated for 9am. I'm thinking that is about right if you get the Acadiana side crews rolling by 7:30/7:40

Suggestions? times/spots/whatever? or at the least straighten me out on where/when we will meet the Laf. side guys?
  4. xcited

xcited XRL

Oddometer:
    I was just focused on the Lafayette bunch and Dirty was taking care of the BR crew. Our plan is to meet up in Carencro. If you click on the little yellow gas pump icon it should give some details. After the Lafayette crew meets up at 7am in Carencro we will meet the BR crew in St. Francisville at 9am (look for the gas pump icon). I didn't draw anything on the map for the BR guys but you make a good point about people just following along. Shoot me a PM with your e-mail and I will add you. I am not sure where Dirty wants to meet you guys up at, I only drive though Baton Rouge so I don't know my way around there very well.
  5. xcited

xcited XRL

Oddometer:
    I just re-read your question again. The marker in St. Francisville is where the Baton Rouge group and Lafayette group will hook up and start the ride. Dirty had a place picked out in Baton Rouge to meet up with the people coming from there, but if you can't make that or don't live in that area you could just meet up in St. Francisville.
  6. Boarider

Boarider lost

Oddometer:
    If all falls just right, Jan 22 will be the day the Saints are beating up on the Packers.
    Going to have to check the times.

As for the dirt roads, I'm guessing the Uly will be ok as long as it doesn't rain the day before?
  7. bigredcherokee

bigredcherokee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    subscribed. I'm in Shreveport and its quite a run for me to meet you guys. if ya'll go to Kisatchie I would like to tag along. I get the weekends off only
  8. rtwpaul

rtwpaul out riding... Supporter

Oddometer:
    add me to your list for maps/ rides etc...

i am in morgan city for the next 17 months while i prep the bike more as i continue my RTW, would be good to meet a few local riders

if anyone is close by drop me a PM

this is a little about me if you want a read

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=668901
  9. nola_xplorer

nola_xplorer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Fellas, I'm pretty much new here...

I have a XR650L and a 1200 Adventure...

How agressive will the dirt be or which bike might be better suited?

Hoping I'd be welcome, from the Big Easy...

nola_xplorer
  10. dirty_sanchez

dirty_sanchez Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer:
    The Adventure will make the slab to St. Frannie bearable. We're going to tool around on potholed substandard paved roads, dirt roads and hardpack gravel roads.

Nothing a minivan couldn't navigate in the dry.

It's gonna be a fun day. Head on over on whatever trusty steed you choose.

Dirty
  11. nola_xplorer

nola_xplorer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm sure I'd be more comfortable on the 1200, but I aint really interested in picking her big arse up...

Can you send details of where from BR you'll be heading out and the time?

Gotta love guy named Dirty...

Thanks, Nola
  12. dirty_sanchez

Oddometer:
    We'll figure out the time to meet up a bit later, but heading to Baton Rouge from NO, let's meet up at the Highland Road Exit (Waterpark Exit, can't miss it) then we'll head through town, and north to St. Francisville.

Dirty
  13. Boarider

Boarider lost

Oddometer:
    Looks like I don't have to worry about the Saints game that day.

Now this ride or a track day.
  14. KTMandu

KTMandu Adventurer Wannabe Supporter

Oddometer:
    Weather permitting, I'm in. Might have a riding buddy from the NI/Cade area with me as well.
  15. xcited

xcited XRL

Oddometer:
    Can't wait for the end of the week, I looked at the weather report and it looks like a good riding day for Sunday. Of course that dosen't mean crap in Louisiana the weather changes so fast around here. But all and all it looks like it won't be to bad.
    :deal
    I just wanted to make sure I got a head count for those meeting up in Carencro, LA with me. If I left you out let me know.
    KTMandu + 1 ; Weather permitting
    1125 Rebel
    5Kadv ; If your bikes back together
    Daddy Long Legs
    and
    me + 1

So I should see 6 people and myself at 7am on Sunday. I didn't want to leave anyone behind.
  16. dirty_sanchez

Oddometer:
    Baton Rouge and New Orleans folks-Chime in with your whereabouts..

Dirty
  17. LivingLifeWell

LivingLifeWell Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll be there - Randy Garner
  18. dirty_sanchez

Oddometer:
    1. KTMandu
    2. KTMandu's friend ; Weather permitting
    3. 1125 Rebel
    4. 5Kadv ; If your bikes back together
    5. Daddy Long Legs
    6. Xcited, Lafayette
    7. Xcited's friend
    8. Dirty, Baton Rouge
    9. Jamesgarner, Lafayette
  19. Justin.Mire

Justin.Mire n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey Scott count me in if it doesn't rain on Saturday. Sorry dude but getting stuck with slicks on a supermoto just isn't all that much fun. I'll meet up with u on Sunday at the gas station.
  20. xcited

xcited XRL

Oddometer:

You shouldn't worry about that. You did very good that last time :evil better than I would have done.
    Good to see you on the site! You are my +1 I added to the list.