Louisiana ride planning ??

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by xcited, Nov 8, 2011.

1. LAYNFRM

LAYNFRM slightly tarded

Oddometer:

Concurred. Them dang KTMs and their high horsepower, big wheeled, knobby tired dickhead riders need a lesson in manners!

I had a blast. Can't wait to do it again. Next time, I'll watch my roost a little better, or warn people not to park behind me, lol.
  2. badgerx

badgerx Adventurer

Oddometer:
  3. xcited

xcited XRL

Oddometer:

We saw alot of bikers but we didn't hear about any getting killed. That is to bad because for the first half of the trip it was like they were part of our group.
  4. badgerx

badgerx Adventurer

Oddometer:
  5. KTMandu

KTMandu Adventurer Wannabe Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just want to thank Scott(xcited) & Mr. Sanchez for organizing the get together. Approximately 19 riders showed up and everything seemed to go well. No one bit it, although several tried! And everyone behaved except Wheelie Boy:clap
    Lets do it again before it gets too hot.

JB, no we did not hear or see anything about this. We did run into a group of bicyclists at the Chevron station S of St. Francisville and again by Pond, MS. Hope it wasn't anyone from that group.
  6. dirty_sanchez

dirty_sanchez Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer:
    No misfortune on part of the cyclists yesterday. I talked to the guy who is putting on the 100 mile Rouge Roublaix race and he only mentioned the one death and serious injury of another here in Baton Rouge Friday or Saturday.

Nothing from the hills of St. Frannie though.

Dirty
  7. xcited

xcited XRL

Oddometer:
    I am glad everyone had a good time. I am working on finalizing the map. It is not public so you will have to get in touch with me to get the link. I didn't get to take as may pictures as I wanted so anyone that has some please post them up so we all can take a look. My map will have all of my pictures on it at the spots that they where taken. You can view ride details as well. I hope everyone is on board for the next one. :deal

The next one....
    If the trail rides like it looks than the thumpers will have the upper hand on this one. :evil

I will need a scouting crew to go with me :freaky and the rest of you guys can keep an eye on the thread for more details.
  8. LAYNFRM

LAYNFRM slightly tarded

Oddometer:
    Hmm, scouting crew... Where and when!? I've been looking to do some trails on the 950, and have some mt-21's waitin for the day, so if it's actual trails, I'll throw em on.
  9. mattc

mattc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1 I have a thumper too if that's a requirement to be in the scouting crew... :evil
  10. xcited

xcited XRL

Oddometer:
    The map from Sunday is finalized if anyone is interested.

For the scouting crew I was thinking some time mid to late Feb.
  11. Electrode

Electrode KW/HP Driven

Oddometer:
    Thanks for all the good riding and company.....I was truly amazed that no one bit the mud....we definetly need to do it again in ms. area, this dirt real estate is worth exploring again. I think I will leave the big trailey at home and bring something with knobbies on it next time. Weather permitting this weekend, Im heading off to the Forest Hill area to run the forest roads from Camp Claiborne all the way to Lake Kincade. I did this trip a few months ago and put around 110 miles on the 650. Thanks again for bringing everyone together for a very good and well organized ride. Loctite and Ammo Box Man.... GOOOD JOB!!!!!
  12. dirty_sanchez

Oddometer:
    I'd like to tag along, but already have a full weekend of obligations...gonna have to take a bath with soap and a rag and wear a tux for a Mardi Gras ball over in Lake Charles.

Good Times, good people!

Dirty
  13. xcited

xcited XRL

Oddometer:
    ...it makes me feel like a super hero :pynd
    Hay Dirty we got our new names picked out :clap:lol3:clap:lol3

Sounds like a fun trip your taking, when you get done send me a map I would like to hit that up one day. Maybe when the weather gets better in the spring you can guide that run. Have fun and be safe.
  14. EnduroRdr

EnduroRdr Woods Racer & D/S Rider

Oddometer:
    Formerly BR-LA, LR-AR, Houston-Tx, now South MS
    We had a great time riding with and meeting new folks. Looking forward to another ride soon. Maybe you Laf. boys can put something together in your part of the world next time.

Gettin ready (in the morning fog)
    [​IMG]

Another shot of the meeting (I think 19 bikes showed up?)
    [​IMG]

Heading out through St. Francisville it was a long line of bikes (both in front and behind me!)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Break time at the Pond Store.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Another break by the river:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lunch time:
    [​IMG]

Still haven't unloaded the GoPro video - I'll try to get it posted up later this week.
  15. Electrode

Electrode KW/HP Driven

Oddometer:
    EnduroRdr,
    I working on a ride up to Lake Kincaid Lake thru Kisatshie National Forest and surrounding areas. KTMando and I are heading for a scouting trip tommorrow. If you are anyone would like color pdf's maps of Claiborne Multiple Use Trails System, Evangeline Unit, and Kisatshie National Forest pm me.
  16. Navaho

Navaho Long timer

Oddometer:
    What kind of bikes are you riding? We have a dual sport ride in the area about once a month. We are due for another one but tomorrow we are riding single track at Claiborne South of Hwy 112.
  17. Electrode

Electrode KW/HP Driven

Oddometer:
    Navaho,
    KTManado is riding a 990 and I a KLR. We will probably pass thru the single track area somewhere (proably down 259 to the old railroad tracks to hare scramble corner) but we definately need to get together for a ds ride sometime soon. I know Loctite and the ds riders in BR and Ammo Box Man would definately want to ride as well. Lets make it happen. I also want to go to the adr camp, Billy has a 990 he might let go. Thanks for the info.
  18. advjackass

advjackass orange crusher

Oddometer:
    I am down here for a couple months and would like to ride. I do not know the area! I own a 990 and a ktm 450 and am open to ride any terrain. I will subscribe to this thread in hopes of joining some guys or gals on rides. Help me out down here and when you make it to western wyoming i will return the favor.
    living in Baton Rouge
    thanks
  19. Navaho

Navaho Long timer

Oddometer:
    You are welcome to come riding with us. If the Natl. Forest is open, I ride dirtbikes every weekend up near Alexandria or Fort Polk. When it warms up in April and May, I focus more on dual sport riding.
  20. dirty_sanchez

Oddometer:
    Dude- you have to keep your eyes peeled over on dualsportridersoflouisiana.com (long name I know) but it's where most all of the guys out of Baton Rouge and surrounding areas post up about upcoming rides.

If you read this thread, we just had a group ride and had 19 guys show up.

Good to hear about another Baton Rouge rider.

Dirty