Louisville Area Rides

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by DualHabit, Apr 2, 2010.

1. sonnystile

sonnystile Long timer

Oddometer:
    IMG_0362.png

When there is a Hayabusa next to you at the red light at 9th and Broadway...
    jtclark13 likes this.
  2. AdamFJ

AdamFJ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I appreciate that. I would like to ride out there to get them, but I am still working full time and we had someone test positive here last week so I am not visiting anyone.
    Maybe if things ever get sort of normal again you can bring them to bike night.
  3. STcorndog

STcorndog No destination

Oddometer:
    I will go down to the basement and find them. They are yours.
  4. mbabc

mbabc Curmudgeon trainee

Oddometer:
    How's the fishing ST? I hear the white bass are running.
  5. UncaBuddha

UncaBuddha Well, Okay then.

Oddometer:
    Mark, I fished Nolin last weekend and it was skunk city. I'm not much of a fisherman but I like sitting in the kayak and distancing myself! I heard the water was too high for the fishing to be good but I don't know...
    mbabc likes this.
  6. mbabc

mbabc Curmudgeon trainee

Oddometer:
    I've a 'yak myself. Sold a v-hull fishing boat with all the assorted crap and never looked back. Fun just paddling around. One thing, I definitely need to work on my entry technique into those things.

IMG_20180609_055134-EFFECTS.jpg
    Shep, lousgoose and jdubb75 like this.
  7. STcorndog

STcorndog No destination

Oddometer:
    That is about all I have been doing Mark, going to Taylorsville Lake. Crappie bite started a few weeks ago and they are ready to spawn now. I just started catching big saugeye hybrids this week. The time is right for white bass, but haven't caught very many yet. If you want to go, get a hold of me. I have been fishing the upper end of the lake. The only bad news is everybody is off work, so the lake ramps are crowded all week long. That is why I have been using the Chowning Lane ramp, Settlers Trace is a zoo.
    lousgoose likes this.
  8. STcorndog

STcorndog No destination

Oddometer:
    IMG_S0290.JPG Picture from yesterday in case you need convincing. Did this in 4 hours, in one spot, with one lure.
    Shep, mbabc, lousgoose and 1 other person like this.
  9. mbabc

mbabc Curmudgeon trainee

Oddometer:
    PM in coming!
  10. Davidc83

Davidc83 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice!!! I see white bass, crappie, and saugeye...nice supper!!!
  11. Shep

Shep Vagabond

Oddometer:
    Man, you guys are killing me now with your fishing stories. Long story as short: I was born and raised on a farm in Indiana with a nice farm pond. Lived on that same farm until I moved to Louisville and became a Condo dweller. Growing up, my dad and I fished all the time. My parents took us on the same vacation every year for 11 years in a row...a Canadian fishing trip. It was the experience of a lifetime for a young boy. Somewhere along the way I sat my fishing pole down and never picked it up. For the past few years I’ve been dreaming of spending time on a lake (I actually have been wanting to try Kayaking myself) and dropping a line in the water. Now you make me want to even more!

Canadian fishing camp, my Dad with me in the background
    40B3871C-3FF1-45F4-AC98-202B13EBA92B.jpeg
    Our pond...was born on this farm, learned to ride dirt bikes on it, built my house on it, raised my kids on it...sold it 4 years ago...yes, I miss it.
    3D028689-4A3A-4B47-84AF-EE7362EB198D.jpeg
    mbabc and jtclark13 like this.
  12. UncaBuddha

Oddometer:
    Wow, what a mess o' fish!!!
  13. STcorndog

STcorndog No destination

Oddometer:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^This man knows his fish. He even got the saugeye hybrids correct. Now it just needs to warm up again and back out I go.
    mbabc likes this.
  14. mbabc

mbabc Curmudgeon trainee

Oddometer:
    A friend of ours has been bored at work and has been posting up nice videos from Colorado.

Owl Creek Pass, one of my favorite rides ever.

P9270695.JPG

P9270679.JPG

An earlier ride -

DSC00859.JPG

Sorry, I'm laid off and down in my back today. Sue me!
    STcorndog, jdubb75 and jtclark13 like this.
  15. jtclark13

jtclark13 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I wish I was bored at work, I’ve been getting my butt kicked. But after using my GoPro at the Icebreaker for the first time in a couple of years, I realized how quickly I could upload videos compared to the internet service I had before. So I just started grabbing videos and uploading them between emails and meetings. I haven’t even watched half of what I posted, I just checked the beginning and end, if it looked decent I uploaded it.

My wife laughed at me yesterday because I had my work computer logged into a meeting, a second monitor streaming a concert on YouTube, and my personal laptop uploading videos, all right in front of me on my desk. I guess I’m getting good at multitasking. I’m hoping to find time to splice together a “best of” from my trip in 2017, and with the way things are going I’ll likely finally have the time soon enough. I figure after 3 yrs I needed to share.

And I agree, Owl Creek Pass was definitely one of the highlights! The best gravel pass I attempted on the 1190R I rented. I’d never seen the high desert though, so that was my biggest highlight. But, Owl Creek is still the backdrop on my iPad, it was beautiful!

7C89E154-35B8-4321-BA81-2A5116C4B43B.jpeg 7B313CAD-E4AE-4A08-A277-F2A17928DD51.jpeg A3FDD68C-356C-4A59-A8EA-D5CE35EA6277.jpeg
    lousgoose, jdubb75 and mbabc like this.
  16. UncaBuddha

Oddometer:
    jt, what program are you using to edit your GoPro stuff?
  17. jtclark13

Oddometer:
    Most of my videos I just upload directly to YouTube from the downloads on my PC, but the ones I do edit, combine videos, or add music I have just used the GoPro Studio. It's not the most user friendly app I've ever used, but I got the hang of it. I need to relearn it so I can take some of my shorter CO vids and put them together. I also want to do a "best of" video from the whole trip, that will take some time but should be fun!
    mbabc likes this.
  18. UncaBuddha

Oddometer:
    I started using VSDC for my edits. Takes some getting used to...
  19. jtclark13

Oddometer:
    I'll have to check it out!
  20. lousgoose

lousgoose Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cool. Keep posting this purdy stuff. Keeping my spirits up. Just found out on Friday that me and the vast majority of the public library are being furloughed starting May 3, no stated end for now. Unfortunate but I feel it’s the right move by the city and I feel greatly lucky to still have my benefits and hopefully a job when it’s over. Would feel a slight bit better if I hadn’t stretched my legs a bit to buy the Eldo, but oh well :D Hope you all are healthy and enjoying some 2 wheeled social distancing. Yesterday I just got out and drove around Germantown, up Frankfort Avenue, through Seneca and Cherokee Park (what parts are open). On paper, a completely ridiculous and boring ride but it’s the kind of thing the Guzzi specializes in and it was SO nice to see people smiling and doing things outside.
    BigRedDuc, jtclark13 and mbabc like this.