Louisville Area Rides

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by DualHabit, Apr 2, 2010.

1. sonnystile

sonnystile Long timer

Oddometer:
    40-42 lbs. in the front was the magic number for me. Handled surprisingly well for a big girl.

At 36lbs (recommended pressure) I felt like I could barely change lanes at speed.
  2. rich_mc

rich_mc Full Fledged MEM-Ber

Oddometer:
    Anybody feel like riding Saturday?
    STcorndog and jtclark13 like this.
  3. Shep

Shep Vagabond Supporter

Oddometer:
    I hope I do! I’m going to try anyway. Unfortunately, I’m not quite up to the @rich_mc kind of ride yet!
    jtclark13 and rich_mc like this.
  4. jtclark13

jtclark13 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good luck! I'm definitely not there yet...
  5. Shep

Shep Vagabond Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’m probably not either, but I mostly want to get a feel for if the surgery worked or not. If not, then I will have to have a more intrusive one…or live with it.
  6. rich_mc

Oddometer:
    @Shep Hope you had good success yesterday!
    jtclark13 likes this.
  7. Shep

Shep Vagabond Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks! 2 hours on the bike! Reasonably confident that the only neck pain I felt was residual pain from the surgery. In fact, I’m heading out again now before it gets too hot for round 2. Only limiting factor now is my sciatic nerve, and a plan for that is being put together now. It may or may not end up in another surgery. At any rate, I feel like I can actually stop dreaming and start planning on where my bike is going to take me next year.
    rich_mc, mbabc, sonnystile and 4 others like this.
  8. STcorndog

STcorndog No destination

Oddometer:
    Did you get out yesterday?

I am open anytime for a ride but Saturday was farm day. I fixed a tractor, brush-hogged 5 acres around our deerstands, mowed the shooting range, plowed/fertilized/seeded/disced a big foodplot by my tower-stand. My buddies loving refer to my foodplot as the "salad bar". It was the first time in a while the ground was right to do the work. Drank a fair amount of beer too and judging by how I feel today, somewhere during the day somebody must have beat me up.

I am open Thursday-Sundays.
    rich_mc, jtclark13, mbabc and 3 others like this.
  9. lousgoose

lousgoose Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got some chores I’m going to work on here but gonna try and get out for a ride maybe late afternoon depending.

On another front I took the plunge and ordered the Packtalk Bold with JBL speakers yesterday, if for nothing else than to have a voice activated means of letting wifey know where I am and such when out. In all of my years of riding and some 250k or more road miles, I’ve never owned nor seen the need for me personally to have a system like this - largely to my hearing issues. I tour mostly solo but my good bud who I do sometimes go on trips with also has this so maybe it will get some use there as well. Even said, I have significant hearing issues and wear hearing aids when not on the bike; thus, even with JBL speakers and a more quiet helmet, I can’t see me as being chatty with it, more like grandpa at the Wendy’s drive-thru. And if I don’t move to a quieter helmet it will be near useless. I’ve been an Arai rider for at least 6 or 7 years now but I’ll readily admit they all seem greatly loud to me. In the shop the Shoei RF-1200 and now the RF-1400 seem MUCH more insulating as per exterior noise so I might give one of those a try or a Schuberth depending.
    rich_mc, jtclark13 and mbabc like this.
  10. STcorndog

STcorndog No destination

Oddometer:
    I even made time to throw a few rounds down range.....to verify the scopes zero.
    IMG_0465[1].JPG
    ZanderMan, rich_mc, jtclark13 and 4 others like this.
  11. Shep

Shep Vagabond Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’m starting to get the feeling we need to have an official riders meeting at your farm. I’ll bring the bourbon, some cigars and my guns! Man, I miss living in the country!

2 more hours down this morning. Still cautiously optimistic.
    EC52D024-2DBF-427F-A2D9-5F56E6913807.jpeg
    jjjjjjay, STcorndog, rich_mc and 4 others like this.
  12. mbabc

mbabc Curmudgeon trainee

Oddometer:
    Nice Scott. No. 1?

When you only have one shot, make it count.
  13. rich_mc

Oddometer:
    I didn't... was headed out of town for work today so I figured my Saturday would be best spent getting some stuff done before being gone a couple weeks.... I did get to drive the truck to Wichita today, which is almost just like motorbike riding in KY...lol

I'll keep the availability in mind and PM you sometime about going... probably be October.... I'm supposed to do Pike's Peak and Beartooth with a buddy next month, and then gonna go over to New River Gorge Bridge Day in October, but should have another free weekend sometime in October...
    STcorndog, lousgoose and jtclark13 like this.
  14. STcorndog

STcorndog No destination

Oddometer:
    Good eye. Yes it is a Ruger No. 1 in 30-06. My primary deer rifle is this old Ruger M77 MkII, also in 30-06, that I bought when I was a poor college student.
    IMG_0069[1].JPG
    I shot my 77 yesterday too and this was my last 2 shots left in the box of cartridges I took with me. I shot it from the same rest at 100 yards.

Mini 30.JPG
    I have the gun sighted 1.7 inches high at 100 yards, which puts me center bulls-eye at 200 yards. There are only a few things in life I am good at, you don't want me shooting at you.:gun1
    Shep, mbabc, KYMike and 2 others like this.
  15. rd400racer

rd400racer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a shoot off is in store...I'm game. Will there be money involved?:D

g2c target.JPG

I may even break out my special ammo:lol3

30 cal.jpg
    STcorndog likes this.
  16. Tezzy

Tezzy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm selling my 2012 KTM 350 SXF. It runs great and has a lot of life still in it. I didn’t baby it, I rode it, it’s a dirt bike! I put at least 100 hours on it, I added the hour meter after I bought it used. 30 hours on the new top end professionally done locally by Race Day Parts LLC / FRS Suspension. I have owned it for five years, only ridden on weekends and by an old man at that. I rode the woods but with a few turns and clicks it will be ready for MX, heck hook a trailer to it and carry out fire wood with it, this thing’s a HOSS!
    One ride on the TUSK Recon Hybrid rear tire, both tires are Tubliss, Polisport Skid plate with linkage guard. Acerbis 3.0 fuel tank, will throw in the factory tank for free. Nice Seat Concept seat with no rips, I will miss this seat. Again, you can have the factory seat for free! Tusk rear wheel bearing kit, and chain guide brace, rear disc guard, Acerbis front disk cover/guard.
    I changed oil/filter, and cleaned or replaced air filter regularly. This bike is for a real man, or equivalent female, very strong, great running bike. No trades, cash only $4,700.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    voodoo child, jtclark13 and mbabc like this.
  17. STcorndog

STcorndog No destination

Oddometer:
    Mini 30-2.JPG
    mbabc and lousgoose like this.
  18. STcorndog

STcorndog No destination

Oddometer:
    IMG_0277[1].JPG

SIG P226, damn that flier

IMG_E0130[1].JPG

Savage in 6.5 Creedmore
    mbabc and voodoo child like this.
  19. lousgoose

lousgoose Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Kinda odd. I went by the Arthur street dealer to try on a Schuberth but the helmets were all gone as well as about half or more of all the BMW gear on that side of the floor. In fact, the hardwood section where most of the BMWs reside was totally empty. They had some Beemers on the floor but not many. Made me wonder if they are about to drop the brand. I know they just had the demo truck there but still…
  20. jtclark13

jtclark13 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    There’s no inventory to be had. It looked about that way even when the truck was in town. I chatted 2 weeks ago with Ed at Commonwealth and they are the same way. He had a couple of the new Multis but said he had personally not had a chance to ride one yet because they can’t get any demos. It’s just part of COVID showing long term affects.
    lousgoose likes this.