Louisville Area Rides

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by DualHabit, Apr 2, 2010.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Long timer

Oddometer:

:lol3 Actually it's a 20'...I grabbed that picture off the internet. U haul did make us an interesting offer; if I picked up a trailer in York and dropped it off in Morgantown, they'd knock $450 off the rental of the 20 footer. Sounded interesting but I'm kind of a freak when I hit the open road. Only thing I stop for is tolls and gas. I figured the time wasted by doing this was worth way more than $450 to me. Plus I don't want to drive this thing through the hills in Maryland and WV. The Ohio route is just fine with me.
    lousgoose likes this.
  2. Shep

Shep Vagabond Supporter

Oddometer:
    Burial is the best brewery in town as far as I’m concerned. Unfortunately it has gotten very popular so earlier the better. If you like stouts, they make excellent ones. Their other claim to fame is NEIPAs. They do a lot of doubles and triples. I’ve been going at least once a year for at least 15 years. I’ve gone with all my kids before and with all the guys who make up our “beer family.” I have spent a week there a few times, riding during the day and hitting up the beer scene at night. I almost always take a week trip there on the bike in September.

There are probably 25+ breweries in the county and you can’t really go wrong. Walk the south slope and hit many of them at once. If you like sours, the Funketorium is killer. If you like big beer, Sierra Nevada is a cool place. Biscuit Head or Sunny Point Cafe for breakfast. Plenty of great food options. A lot of the local riders hang out at the Wedge brewery. Eurosport’s Asheville is a nice BMW/KTM shop.

Some of my kids, their spouses and my wife and I at the Funketorium:
    E438C279-7BAD-4710-A329-430488EDE91B.jpeg

“The Beer Family” at Burial’s Burnpile festival last year. Asheville and Naples, Florida are like second home to me.
    045AB8CA-9C65-4CE0-A4B5-F631C06F3E05.jpeg
    jtclark13, UncaBuddha and lousgoose like this.
  3. UncaBuddha

UncaBuddha Well, Okay then.

Oddometer:
    Brought a new toy home!
    20211007_182045.jpg
  4. lousgoose

lousgoose Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice! I love those things.
  5. jtclark13

jtclark13 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the advice! I’m a Brown Ale/Porter fan first and foremost, but my wife likes a good flowery IPA. Unfortunately my styles aren’t “hot” right now, but I’m sure I’ll find plenty of beers I’ll enjoy. There for awhile fall always meant brown ale time, but it’s shifted to pumpkin and heavy IPAs.
    lousgoose likes this.
  6. jtclark13

Oddometer:
    First trip next weekend for the HNF ride?
  7. mbabc

mbabc Curmudgeon trainee

Oddometer:
    Been looking at those new CRF's Mark but better stick with my WR.

Enjoy!
    lousgoose likes this.
  8. sonnystile

sonnystile Long timer

Oddometer:
  9. jtclark13

Oddometer:
    300 Rally
    UncaBuddha likes this.
  10. Shep

Shep Vagabond Supporter

Oddometer:
    If I were to give in to my desire for a dual sport, that is what I would be looking to buy.
    lousgoose likes this.
  11. lousgoose

lousgoose Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Shep certainly has you covered on the beer end of things. As per food recommendations The Chestnut has delicious, very high quality stuff https://www.chestnutasheville.com/. Also, if you can get in - they might already be booked up through October (not kidding) Curate is crazy delicious https://curatetapasbar.com/. If wanting a ground meat sandwich, Farm Burger https://farmburger.com/ or especially Wicked Weed Brewing https://www.wickedweedbrewing.com/ has a great one. While there try to make your way up to have a dusk drink and pretend you are F. Scott Fitzgerald - or any of the other writers who used to frequent the place - outside on the massive veranda that overlooks the town at the historic and absolutely gorgeous Grove Park Inn https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/asheville-grove-park?utm_source=google&utm_medium=Yext. My wife and I tried to do A LOT of outdoor activities while there and this place is your friend for that kind of thing https://navitat.com/asheville-nc/. While I’m not much of a thrill seeker outside of motorcycles and have a great fear of heights in general, I really wanted to do the zip line there. Most of the tubing or floating stuff on the French Broad is already closed for the season but a few white water rapids tours are still available and I really regret not getting out to do at least one of them https://ashevilleadventurecompany.c...8SwHjiEdx_-amCoiGpy0vgQoqCWS7LLhoCgJQQAvD_BwE. I’m sure you’ve probably been there before - I think about everyone has - then you must go at least once to the Billtmore. The winery, the house tour, the grounds. It’s almost too much to take in but worth it in my opinion. Touristy? Yes. But worth it. I say all this stuff but you know one of the best nights period we had was just taking a couple fold out chairs up on the Blue Ridge, finding a nice spot, and watching the Sun set.
    STcorndog, jtclark13 and mbabc like this.
  12. STcorndog

STcorndog No destination

Oddometer:
    We have a work day scheduled at the farm this weekend (deer season opens next weekend) but I am not sure which day yet. I will post back here tonight.

Yes, I am up for a ride, leaves are starting to turn out by me.
    rich_mc likes this.
  13. UncaBuddha

UncaBuddha Well, Okay then.

Oddometer:
    2021 300 Rally ABS. Needs a rack and tank bag and I'm going to the TAT!
    jtclark13, mbabc and KYMike like this.
  14. Davidc83

Davidc83 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Our Indiana Deer archery started last weekend, but I just cannot get myself in the mood to hunt this year....been a holdover since last archery season when I had a buck stolen from me (long story)....didnt even put my trail cameras out this year...think spending the weekend riding. Our gun season doesnt start until mid-November...
    mbabc likes this.
  15. STcorndog

STcorndog No destination

Oddometer:
    I know how you feel. I hunt about 100 yards from a property line at the farm. A neighbor borders the land (tiny subdivision lot) and set a feeding station right off our fence line. Neighbor killed a nice buck from his patio that we had been watching on our game cams as it jumped the fence leaving our farm.

I quit worrying over that stuff though. There are lots of deer and I ended up killing a buck about the same size as the neighbor got. If a fishing boat pushes in on my spot, I just wait or leave. Somebody tailgating me on the bike, time to stop and get a soda.

Life is just too darn short to get pissed-off participating in our hobbies.
    Shep, jtclark13 and mbabc like this.
  16. STcorndog

STcorndog No destination

Oddometer:
    Sorry its a little late. I am good for tomorrow and also next Thursday-Friday.

Ping me here or PM and we can discuss. I am thinking meet at Hatmakers at 11:00 tomorrow and back to same by 4-5. I have a route or will follow you. Anybody else is welcome........
  17. rich_mc

rich_mc Full Fledged MEM-Ber

Oddometer:
    Cool... is this Hatmakers?
    Circle K
    (502) 261-0604
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/2FsYukEdsZFFrRmZ9
    STcorndog likes this.
  18. STcorndog

STcorndog No destination

Oddometer:
    Yep, thats it. Are you good for 11:00 tomorrow?

I ride a red Tenere.
    jtclark13 likes this.
  19. rich_mc

rich_mc Full Fledged MEM-Ber

Oddometer:
    Yup- see you then. I'll be on my black R.... hope to maybe see some of you other dudes there too!:ear
    jtclark13 and STcorndog like this.
  20. jtclark13

Oddometer:
    Soon, very soon…
    mbabc and rich_mc like this.