Louisville Area Rides

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by DualHabit, Apr 2, 2010.

1. KYMike

KYMike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry.......got a hot date tomorrow.
    jtclark13 likes this.
  2. rd400racer

rd400racer Long timer

Oddometer:

I was prepping my son's Tenere Wednesday night and noticed his oil looks like it's due for a change. What have you been using? I'd like to change it this morning before I deliver the bike to him. Thanks
  3. STcorndog

STcorndog No destination

Oddometer:
    I am OCD and only use 1 oil brand in everything I own. Mobil 1 Full Synthetic. In the bike I use 10w-40, Racing 4T for the engine and Mobil 1 75w-90 gear oil for the rear axle drive. Mine usually looks dirty at 5,000 miles when I change it typically.

Walmart and Autozone have it. Before this goes all "oil thread", there are a few better oils at much higher cost and many more oils that are not as good. M1 is consistently in the top tier of most comparisons you will find.
  4. rd400racer

rd400racer Long timer

Oddometer:
    I know you take real good care of your gear so I appreciate the advice. Same oil that I use in my GSA. OK, time to get to work. It would be easy but the previous owner installed a skid plate that looks like it came off a Panzer tank!
    KYMike and STcorndog like this.
  5. Davidc83

Davidc83 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would but I am working to at least noon today...Rode my bike to work this morning though, so when I head out, spending the day on the Honda...
  6. Shep

Shep Vagabond Supporter

Oddometer:
    I know you all would have fallen over if I had shown up but I did seriously consider it. Instead, my wife and I went to Bardstown to the arts and crafts festival, which was a total nightmare, so we ended up at Bardstown Bourbon, which was a win for me!
    4EE2DF75-2BD7-48A6-A8DF-E08A5133431E.jpeg
    jtclark13, lousgoose and mbabc like this.
  7. KYMike

KYMike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just got home from there. Only thing I bought was a slice of pie at Mammy’s. Felt a little weird eating pie without @voodoo child.
    Shep, mbabc, jtclark13 and 1 other person like this.
  8. rich_mc

rich_mc Full Fledged MEM-Ber

Oddometer:
    @Shep - We'd have been happy to have you along! @STcorndog and I had a very nice ride. Ended up with about 240 miles by the time I got back home. Looking forward to doing it again!
  9. STcorndog

STcorndog No destination

Oddometer:
    It was a fine day for a ride with Rich. We need to get a group together in the next 2 to 3 weeks. The leaves are ready to pop any day now.
  10. jtclark13

jtclark13 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I spend waaaaay too much time in the Flea Market here, but it pays off from time to time. I’ve been looking for a pure dirt helmet since I had my big get-off when I landed on my head. I stick to the theory that if a helmet takes a big hit, it’s done it’s job and needs replaced. So anyway, a guy had a really nice Fly Racing helmet for sale at a great price. It didn’t fit him, and literally has all of the tags, advertising, etc still intact. After talking to him it sounded like it would likely fit me, and he even offered to return my money (minus shipping) if it didn’t fit. Very cool guy to offer that up!

Well, it arrived today and fits! It’s selling online for $625-680, and I paid $350 plus $25 shipping. A super solid deal on its own. But I didn’t really notice it in his pics, but the helmet and spare peak looked to have Justin Brayton’s signature on it. I figured since he was a Fly Racing sponsored rider it was just part of the design, but I had to ask about it. Amazingly, I found out the guy won this in a raffle and Brayton signed it for him when he won it. So not only did I get a great deal on the helmet, but it’s autographed! :happay

I know that most of you don’t watch/follow motocross or Supercross, but I don’t miss a race, so to have a top 10 rider, and multi-time Australian Champion, sig on my new helmet is pretty damn cool!

6F14964D-A455-4757-A440-91C26086B6F2.jpeg
  11. mbabc

mbabc Curmudgeon trainee

Oddometer:
    Collectors item now Jeremy. Better put it on a shelf in your cave and arrange your bourbon collection around it.
    sonnystile, Shep and jtclark13 like this.
  12. jtclark13

Oddometer:
    It’s funny, I just started my new gig 2 weeks ago and officially work from home permanently. Given with the Vid I’ve done this on and off since last March, but knowing I don’t have an office to go back to I’ve cleaned up my home office to have a cool background for Zoom meetings. My Shoei dirt helmet and Arai XD4 are both on a shelf behind me. Plus a couple of other cool little things. And of course a snake cage which isn’t very visible when I’m in my chair.
    0C387E57-C0EF-4211-8AAB-67F4148BE9AF.jpeg
    mbabc likes this.
  13. UncaBuddha

UncaBuddha Well, Okay then.

Oddometer:
    Great! Are you going to use it or keep looking?
  14. jtclark13

Oddometer:
    I will be using it, which is why it’s awesome he signed both the helmet and second peak. Once I’m done with the helmet the clean peak goes on and it will be displayed. Unless I find another killer deal after too many bourbons, then I’ll convince myself it’s worth keeping new. Not that I’ve ever done anything like that under the influence of Kentucky Brown Water :jack
    sonnystile and UncaBuddha like this.
  15. Shep

Shep Vagabond Supporter

Oddometer:
    My orthopedic surgeon in Indy set me up with a diagnostic injection Thursday to try to pinpoint point my issue and see if it would offer some relief since the one I got here in Louisville did nothing. The doctor who performed it was just exceptional. The difference was amazing. I was able to ride 4.5 hours today and honestly, I could have ridding 2-3 more. I may still have to have surgery, time will tell, but I’ve got to say, if you ever find yourself needing to find a good orthopedic group, I can’t recommend OrthoIndy enough. These people are giving me my life back!
    jtclark13, KYMike, BigRedDuc and 7 others like this.
  16. lousgoose

lousgoose Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That is great, Shep.
    rich_mc likes this.
  17. sonnystile

sonnystile Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fantastic news!
  18. UncaBuddha

UncaBuddha Well, Okay then.

Oddometer:
    Great to hear Shep! And great to see you get the photo tag!
    mbabc likes this.
  19. Shep

Shep Vagabond Supporter

Oddometer:
    With the exception of the wind, best ride in years. I’m genuinely excited about my riding future again…right in time for winter! Guess I’ll be doing a lot of winter miles this year. Kind of wishing I hadn’t sold all those nice bikes I had in my garage now!

This Friday is my last day of work for 5 weeks. I head to Florida the 28th and won’t return until thanksgiving. Only drawback is I will be bikeless. When I return, I’ve just got to get through December then I’m officially retired. Not the least bit sad about that!
  20. mbabc

mbabc Curmudgeon trainee

Oddometer:
    Hey Mark - have I been seeing you riding the Cherokee scenic loop? Like this morning? 300 Rally with temp tags?

I want to see that Honda up close!