#lovecroatia

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by DiscoVolante, May 31, 2017.

1. Ernbo6

Ernbo6 Ad augusta per angusta. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Croatia, (Hrvatska) is one of the most beautiful places I have been fortunate to visit. From the Dalmatian coast to the Plitvicv Lakes there is so much to see.
    I enjoyed Karlovac and drinking Karlovacko.
    Great ride reports and better pictures. Thank you for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    klaviator likes this.
  2. kurien

kurien adventurer

Oddometer:
    Beautiful :clap More please :beerjug

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  3. DiscoVolante

DiscoVolante Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So, guys, thank you for comments!

Summer is there, crowded roads, lot of traffic, and hot air aren't best conditions for driving, but I done small joyride into the sunset....

Zadvarje and Cetina Canyon...
    [​IMG]

Look at the Passo Vruja
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    thirsty 1, TM1(SS), bomose and 6 others like this.
  4. Rippin209

Rippin209 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for sharing your rides and pics. My last name is Cetina.
    Not sure where in Crotia my grandparents came from but they moved to the US in the 40's. My wife's friend went to Croatia for her honeymoon and after seeing the pics we said we have to plan a trip. So my wife and I are planning on going sometime next year. Any advice?
    TM1(SS) likes this.
  5. Scourge

Scourge Long timer

Oddometer:
    Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
  6. DiscoVolante

DiscoVolante Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So, long time no post... Lot of work, high temperatures outside and traffic jams aren't the best conditions for joyrides.

But, Vespa is ideal weapon for traffic jams, more better when you borrow it to silly friend! :)
    [​IMG]

One project was waiting in the garage across the mountain Biokovo, so let's go!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And, '67 Vespa 180 Supersport with new legshield is there... One of the rarest models of Vespa, very very fast, I hope that will be finished during the year..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Back to the future...
    [​IMG]

And driving back home...
    [​IMG]

Do you have already some wishes about destination or not? My advice is to avoid the main season. You can visit National Park Plitvice, National Park Krka, enjoy in Zip Line above the river Cetina, cultural Heritage of Split.... There are lot of places which are worthy visit.
    thirsty 1, drumdog, TM1(SS) and 4 others like this.
  7. DiscoVolante

DiscoVolante Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So, let's go, again!

The last weekend of August is the time of annual Meeting of Vespa Club Zagreb. Zagreb is Capital town in Croatia, located 400 kilometers from me. But, D1 is one of the most beautiful roads which leads trough dalmatian inland, Lika and Plitvice Lakes, so let's enjoy!

Somewhere above Gračac
    [​IMG]

The city of Zagreb, capital of Croatia, on the historic and political threshold between East and West, illustrates both the continental and Mediterranean spirit of the nation it spearheads. Zagreb is the cultural, scientific, economic, political and administrative centre of the Republic of Croatia, and is home to the Croatian Parliament, Government and President. Its favourable location between the Pannonian plain, the edge of the Alps and the Dinaric range has allowed it to become a crossing point for mass international communication.
    The city is protected from the cold northern winds by the mountain of Medvednica and opens up to the rest of the world thanks to a spacious plain and the Sava river. Zagreb, with a population of nearly one million, contains almost a quarter of the entire population of Croatia. Over the centuries, the city was inhabited by people coming from all over Europe; and, in recent years, by people coming from different parts of Croatia, ensuring a rich cultural life. Zagreb is a safe city whose doors are always open; a city with a tumultuous history teeming with interesting personalities;

a city that warmly invites all those who wish to get to know it, and a city that will surely fulfill your expectations. In this city, you can easily meet remarkable people, make new friends and enjoy special moments. The façades of Zagreb’s buildings reflect the ebb and flow of history, while its streets and squares bear witness to the coming together of the many cultures that have shaped the identity of this laid-back capital. The best thing to do is when you first arrive is to take in Zagreb’s wonderful atmosphere, which, as many claim, is only surpassed by the legendary beauty of the local womenfolk.

[​IMG]

Meeting point was in the front of Croatian National Theatre, in the Center of thr town.
    [​IMG]

We were driving across the town to the small place Sveta Nedjelja, famous by Croatian supercar manufacturer - Rimac. http://www.rimac-automobili.com/en/

Rimac Automobili, an automobile manufacturing company established in 2009 in Zagreb, Croatia, grew out of its founder Mate Rimac's garage hobby.[ The company's primary objective was to build an electric supercar, starting, as Rimac put it, "with a blank sheet of paper". Since electric systems for high-performance electric cars were not available on the market, the company developed the necessary parts and patented 24 innovations.
    When Rimac's 1984
    BMW E30 blew its internal combustion engine during one of its races, he made it the company's first test mule, fitting it with a 600 hp electric powertrain. This car, called the "Green Monster", set five Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA)-sanctioned acceleration records in April 2011.This attracted the attention of the media and potential investors. He also created several more E30 electric model to sell, and after some success, went on to create his own car.

[​IMG]

The Rimac Concept One is a two-seat high-performance electric car designed and manufactured in Croatia by Rimac Automobili. With a total output of 800 kW (1,073 hp), an acceleration of 0–97 km/h (0–60 mph) in 2.8 seconds, and a price on request, Concept One has been described as the world's first electric supercar.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    thirsty 1, drumdog, TM1(SS) and 7 others like this.
  8. DiscoVolante

DiscoVolante Adventurer

Oddometer:
    When you're on Vespa Meeting, you can see lot of Vespa Models. Rare '60s models, restomods, variomats, practically everything!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mods!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. DiscoVolante

DiscoVolante Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Into the sunset!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Meeting was great! Lot of new people, positive vibes, nice driving trough Zagreb, very nice day!

On Sunday, it was time to drive back home...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    thirsty 1, TM1(SS), klaviator and 5 others like this.
  10. DiscoVolante

DiscoVolante Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So, few photos from today's ride...
    [​IMG]

River Ruda located close to Trilj!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

River Cetina!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Ernbo6, thirsty 1, TM1(SS) and 6 others like this.
  11. Rippin209

Rippin209 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Darian, I hope you're doing well.
    How's it going with the 67'?
    Any new ride reports or pictures to share?
  12. DiscoVolante

DiscoVolante Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello folks!

Yes, long time no update, with colder days Vespa was here only for commuting, we are waiting for spring :)

Supersport '67 is long time project, unfortunately, so engine is refurbished, need new paint and game can start.

This is probably the most beutiful detail for now, refurbished Fork with tubeless rim, and Bitubo racing front Shock.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And, for coming back into sunny days, one capture that proves that scoots could be fast :)

I hope I will buy some Naked in next year, I'm looking for MV Agusta 910 Brutale or Ducati Monster 796. Ducati Sport Classic series is beutiful, but overpriced for me, if I find some Triumph Thruxton in my budget...
    thirsty 1, TM1(SS), KLRalph and 7 others like this.
  13. STOP

STOP Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :clap Zivija
    DiscoVolante likes this.
  14. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have enjoyed your rides & pictures. Thanks!
    Your country and those nearby on on my bucket list to visit. One of our sons was in Croatia for a weekend visit while a student in Budapest @ the Technical University. He was surprised to see palm trees on the coast. When in Hungary I saw the roadsign for Croatia during the war and (sadly!) cringed at the idea of going down that road!
    Some of Croatia reminds me a bit of the northern Italy Dolomites area.
    There is a (MC) motorcycle tour/rental company in nearby Montenegro. Are you aware of other MC or scooter rental/tour companies in the Balkans? I'm a self- tourer, not group so rentals with a planned or not route.
    How expensive are the Balkans on the USD?
    Thanks again for sharing your country and travels.
    My auto body tip of the day: Have you used 3M "Roloc style" discs? Many here run them with compressed air driven, side-angle tools-make those spot welds on your leg shield an easier, better controlled fix, as less metal removal.
    Battle Scooters is watching-keep it coming!:nod
    Spicciani2 likes this.
  15. The Virginian

The Virginian Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow, how did I miss this ride report. Thank you so much for sharing as your country is beautiful.

Eric
  16. DiscoVolante

DiscoVolante Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Živija i sve najbolje u Novoj!:beer

So, end of the year is the prove thaht you can feel smell of spring in December.

Some small route, me and my friend with KTM 690 SMC decided to drive one of the best driving roads in Croatia.
    Unfortunately, there is only one photo (low battery :( ), but after asphalt route, we decided to take dirt road route under mountain Biokovo with stunning view.

[​IMG]

After that, Vespa is washed and parked back in the garage...

[​IMG]

And, some News in 180 Supersport Project...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kind regards and all best wishes in New Year!

D.
    thirsty 1, TM1(SS), klaviator and 3 others like this.
  17. Stara Varos

Stara Varos Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Добро веце дариан @DiscoVolante :ricky
    Како си, добри друже?

Greetings from Thesaloniki Greece, bro!

Excellent photos
    Meet u on the road
    :nod
    TM1(SS) and DiscoVolante like this.
  18. DiscoVolante

DiscoVolante Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So, few photos from todays ride! The shortest way from Makarska to Vrgorac is road D512. Nice curvy road with plenty slow corners and agnificent view to the islands and horizont. In 2010, that road was closed because of big Rockfall. The volume of the largest boulders varied from approx. 100 to 250 cubic meters. Now, road is renovated, new tunnel is here, but you can also step on the some rocks, and that will give you opportunity to enjoy in beuatiful scenery!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    thirsty 1, drumdog, TM1(SS) and 4 others like this.
  19. N-Id-Jim

N-Id-Jim Long timer

Oddometer:
    Awesomeness!!~ :clap
  20. DiscoVolante

DiscoVolante Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So, need to clean some dust from this topic.

Spring is in the air, sunny days are in front of us, so let's go. Vespa needs new tires, suspension and some service, but who cares.

First, Passo Vruja!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, today we are going to ride trough Poljička Republika. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Poljica

Riding trough River Cetina Canyon leads me to Ljubeć, part of old fortress from 14th Century.

And after 15 minutes of climbing, that's view!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

But, after enjoying in view, we are going on...
    [​IMG]
    Ernbo6, thirsty 1, TM1(SS) and 4 others like this.