#lovecroatia

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by DiscoVolante, May 31, 2017.

1. DiscoVolante

DiscoVolante Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Without nice view, again :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And, after some off road /Vespa=Hard enduro/, have found the bridge which was only way to pass the river!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Regards,

D
  2. Spicciani2

Spicciani2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Breathtaking vistas! The contrast between the grey hills and turquoise water is amazing!
    TM1(SS) and DiscoVolante like this.
  3. STOP

STOP Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I hope you did not pass that bridge and go towards Blato N/C :lol3

Odlicno, imas mota :clap
    DiscoVolante likes this.
  4. DiscoVolante

DiscoVolante Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Pfff, that would be a piece of cake for me! :jack

Fala, vidimo se u điru! :)
  5. DiscoVolante

DiscoVolante Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So, have done some minor works on Vespa... Refurbished alloys, painted in Gunmetal with satin edge, painted brake calipers and new brake pads, and of course, new tires. Metzeler is great choice for Vespa. Fully adjustable Carbone shock absorbers and Malossi engine bushings still waiting in garage, so I will prepare that next week for the new riding season. Better and faster than new :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After polishing and some new details :)
    [​IMG]

And sunday ride with friend, 1965 Vespa GL, driving trough Neretva River and small break on waterfalls Čeveljuša in Bosnia and Herzegovina
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And, one more prove about practicality, ingenuity, style... Love that little scoot!
    [​IMG]

Regards, D
  6. TM1(SS)

TM1(SS) Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lijepe slike i vole informacije i komentare (beautiful pics and love the information and commentary) :clap:clap
    DiscoVolante likes this.
  7. PaisaMed

PaisaMed Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Incredible pictures! May I ask what camera equipment you are using?
  8. DiscoVolante

DiscoVolante Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello, most of photos are taken with mobile phone, Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x. Some photos are taken with SJCAM (copy of GoPro), and photos from first post in topic are taken with iPhone 4.

Regards,

D
    Clampett and TM1(SS) like this.
  9. KHVol

KHVol Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Really enjoying all aspects of your ride report....
    DiscoVolante likes this.
  10. e.Rock

e.Rock No Guts, No Story

Oddometer:
    Great reports! I will be in Croatia next week and you are really getting me excited for the trip!
    DiscoVolante likes this.
  11. DiscoVolante

DiscoVolante Adventurer

Oddometer:
    And, destination is? :)

I hope you'll enjoy here.

Today was nice ride, lot of kilometers, lot of rain, lot of sun, all 4 seasons.... But wait little bit for pictures! :D

Regards,

D
    Clampett likes this.
  12. DiscoVolante

DiscoVolante Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So, how's about a weekend ride to Šibenik?

There is annual meeting of Vespa Club Šibenik, but weather forecast is like... Rain, rain, rain. But, after looking trough window, there is a sun, so let's go!

Small pause above Trogir. Jadranska magistrala is really nice road, but road "Boraja" above Šibenik is more interesting, without lot of traffic, with beautiful panoramas, few hairpins like Monte Carlo, and I'm really enjoying in every kilometer of it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As I was in hurry, late as usual, I came in Šibenik few minutes before Vespas left the town and drive to National Park Krka.
    Btw, if you have opportunity, visit Krka Waterfalls, really magnificent.
    http://www.np-krka.hr/en/
    But, at least, I have nice photo on local website!

[​IMG]

And, 60 Vespas on the way to National Park!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    thirsty 1, Clampett and TM1(SS) like this.
  13. DiscoVolante

DiscoVolante Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After arriving in Skradin, we have opportunity to visit local classic car museum.

[​IMG]

That's my favorite, beautiful french Limo with best smell of classic car ever!
    [​IMG]

About the size....
    [​IMG]

Meeting was on, and I was off. It was time to drive back home and leave talks with Vespa company for some other opportunity. But, clouds were looking at me and I'm leaving Skradin and taking another route.
    [​IMG]

With few showers...
    [​IMG]

Driving trough dalmatian inland gave me some of most beautiful moments. Look on Drniš, city famous by smoked Ham, croatian "Prsut ".
    http://www.croatia-times.com/the-adriatic-times/drnis-prosciutto-reach-guinnes-book-records/

[​IMG]

Dancing in the rain...
    [​IMG]

I'm filling up the tank on local gas station and waiting rain to stop. And decide to visit one really important part of croatian history.
  14. DiscoVolante

DiscoVolante Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So, few details...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Meštrović

„My art is expressed in hardwood and stone, but the essence of art is not made of wood nor stone, it is beyond space and time. Art is a song and prayer at the same time“. New York, 1924, Ivan Meštrović
    What is common between Congress Plaza Gardens in Chicago and Republic of Croatia Square in Zagreb? The connecting link is genious works by one world-famous sculptor, born as a Croat, died as an American, Ivan Meštrović, beyond space and time, as his art was.
    In 1926 Ivan Meštrović was comissioned by trustees of the Art Institute of Chicago’s B.F. Ferguson Fund to create the bronze pair, „The Bowman and The Spearman (also known collectively as Equestrian Indians,or simply Indians). The sculptures were made in Zagreb and installed at the entrance of the parkway in 1928. It became his first masterpiece in the USA, when Meštrović was already a mature sculptor with earned world- famous popularity. Sculptor Ivan Meštrović intended his monumental figures to commemorate the Native American and symbolize the struggle to settle this country.

Mestrovic died in 1962 and was buried in the Church of the Holy Redeemer in Otavice. The town was occupied by Serbian rebels from 1991 to 1995. The Croatian forces that reclaimed the area in 1995 discovered that the church had been savagely attacked and the tombs desecrated. Reconstruction began promptly.

Here comes the sun again and I'm driving trough pitoresque area to Otavice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When you climb up to the top, then you realize why is Meštrović's last place was here... So peaceful and beautiful atmosphere.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After speaking with friendly girl who opens me the museum, I learnt a lot of interesting facts about area, Meštrović, and in the talk realize that I know that girl from childhood, we were living in the same neighbourhood in war years! How is world small....

[​IMG]

With Feel Good talk, I'm leaving Otavice and driving back across Svilaja. Take me home, country roads...

[​IMG]

View on river Cetina and town Trilj
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The locality of Velika Crljivica, at the western end ofCista Provo, takes over 3,000 m' oflal1d at both sides of the present road that covers the Roman road Salona-Tilurium-Narona.
    [​IMG]

Really nice day...

Regards,

D
  15. e.Rock

e.Rock No Guts, No Story

Oddometer:
    We will be spending a few days in Dubrovnik with a day trip into Montenegro, and then a few days sailing in the Split area. Really looking forward to it, but your pictures are making me wish it was a moto trip!

E
    TM1(SS) likes this.
  16. DiscoVolante

DiscoVolante Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If you have time and some way of transportation, visit Kotor, famous road to Lovćen and then curvy road to Budva, and St. Stefan. Visit Montenegro is in my plans, especially that.
    http://redrockzipline.com/en/

Enjoy, have a nice time and give us some pics when you're back!
    TM1(SS) likes this.
  17. Rippin209

Rippin209 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Saw this on another thread[​IMG]
  18. DiscoVolante

DiscoVolante Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So, let's go on! Vespa is waiting for some maintenance, so i borrow Beverly 350 Sport, really nice and fast scooter, not nippy as Vespa, but...

First part leads me to Sinj
    [​IMG]

Look on the town under Kamicak fortress
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lake Peruća
    [​IMG]

And my next destination is town Vrlika, with Prozor fortress, built in the 14th Century, with beutiful View. Unfortunately, it was destroyed in 1715. , and one more time in croatian-serbian war. It was slighty renovated in 2006.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Ernbo6, thirsty 1, klaviator and 2 others like this.
  19. DiscoVolante

DiscoVolante Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm driving to Drniš, beautiful road and pitoresque scenery...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Coffe with View!
    [​IMG]

And, Roški Slap in National park Krka is my next destination

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. DiscoVolante

DiscoVolante Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So, let's go to Knin!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hidden in the heart of the Dalmatinska Zagora region, deep in the rocks and karst and overgrowth with macchia brush, stands a gem of ancient history: the Roman military camp Burnum.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Knin Fortress (Croatian: Kninska tvrđava) is located near the tallest mountain in Croatia (Dinara) and near the source of the river Krka. It is the second largest fortress in europe and most significant defensive stronghold,and a historical town in the Šibenik-Knin County in the Dalmatian hinterland. The construction of the fortress started as early as 9th century, while the current state was brought up in 17th and 18th centuries.It reached its peak during the reign of Demetrius Zvonimir, King of Croatia from 1076, as it served as a political center of the Croatian Kingdom under him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Regards,

D