Lower Alabama (LA)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Heatery, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Heatery

Heatery Worry free by mile 3.

Oddometer:
    Hello friendlies. It's me Gretchen again.

IMG_20180325_133223732.jpg

I talked Mr. Munch into a day trip going to a new area. :clap It seems like forever since we went somewhere new. Of course C-19 isn't helping.

Today we went to a small town called Vredenburg. I am told the "V" is silent, or at least it will be there. :rofl

We didn't really see much on our trip, but we did go through a small community known as Buena Vista. This is the only working windmill Mr. Munch has ever seen in person!!!:hmmmmm Me thinks he needs to get out more.

20200906_133713.jpg

I guess he was too lazy to get off my back and take a good pic. :dizave

I gave him grief by not making it easy to balance and take pics at the same time, so he got off and took a pic of the only "store" in town. It has long since been shuttered

20200906_133920.jpg

Good thing I didn't need gas. Too bad though. Check out the price.

20200906_133931.jpg

Mr. Munch was starting to miss the old days, so we moved on.
  2. Heatery

Heatery Worry free by mile 3.

Oddometer:
    We finally made it to Vredenburg. It was a beautiful ride. The town is interesting. It begins with "main" street. We didn't take a pick of the street since we wanted to be able to leave soon. :jack

The street is lined with middle class housing on each side of the street. Nothing spectacular, but they seemed to be well maintained. At the end of the street was a nice post office, and that was it.

It seems like your leaving town at the other side, but your actually going to "the other side of town". It's a small community of houses. Seems like a really tight community. Quiet too. I did have to ask directions on how to get out of town. No cell signal there, but how do you get lost in a town of 4 streets? Oh, Mr. Munch :stupid

Since it didn't happen if you don't have a pick, here is another of his lazy shots.

20200906_134955.jpg

This is at the beginning of "Main" St.

Here is the community center on the "other side of town".

20200906_135753.jpg

Zoom in and look at those posters above me. I guess they have the small town "lazies" just like Mr. Munch seems to be inflicted with.

We left town headed toward HWY 41 south back to Monroeville. That section of Hwy has some great twisties. Sorry, too much fun for South Alabama to stop and take pics of them.

Well, I know, not much of a story this time. Still, I hope you had a good time on this installment of the Adventures of Mr. Munch. Until next time, we hope to see you out there.

Gretchen and Mr. Munch
    zookster, eaglescan, B10Dave and 3 others like this.
  3. gulfcoaster

gulfcoaster Long timer

Oddometer:
    The "Alabama Dragon!!!"
    markbxr400 likes this.
  4. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Wishing you well during the next week. Looking like nasty Sally headed for ya. Up here in C.A. we are just prepping for flooding.

Enjoyed your ride report.
    klaviator likes this.
  5. markbxr400

markbxr400 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dragonfly . . .
    gulfcoaster likes this.
  6. herseyb

herseyb Driftless Wisconsin Wanderlust

Oddometer:
    Nice to see some shots of LA. I'm up in Wisconsin but most of my mom's family lives in Grand Bay. I've been going to Dauphin Island since I was a wee tyke although it has been a few years now. Honestly the drivers scare me down there, but the gulf is gorgeous.
    gulfcoaster likes this.
  7. gulfcoaster

gulfcoaster Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've yet to travel to any non-rural area where the drivers didn't scare me. Especially on a bike.
    Clampett and B10Dave like this.
  8. herseyb

herseyb Driftless Wisconsin Wanderlust

Oddometer:
    That's true! I guess I just remember when Grand Bay Wilmer Rd was the sticks and now it really isn't anymore.
    gulfcoaster likes this.