1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Lower mainland (COVID-friendly) meet-ups and group rides 2021

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ommoran, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Shirker

Shirker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anybody been up the Duffy Lake road yet? Have they swept it?
    I prefer to leave the gravel in the corners to others until it's been swept.
    CCitis likes this.
  2. V1Vr

V1Vr just an average Joe

Oddometer:
    A pic from DSBC. Reportedly April 4th.
    duffy.jpg
  3. Shirker

Shirker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  4. bEnt_bars

bEnt_bars Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tried Stawamus River last weekend, still dicy...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then headed over quite a ways up Elaho River way, all good!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    canadius_maximus likes this.
  5. ommoran

ommoran Experienced Newbie

Oddometer:
    Hello fellow lower mainlanders!

This weekend looks to be spectacular - and is the weekend I have my kids, so my riding will be early in the am for errands that are completely unnecessary, like runs to Cobb's bread for scones, etc. :)

The weather is FINALLY looking like it might turn..... wft spring....
  6. larolco

larolco Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My Vee is now gone to a new owner. I am, for the first time in 15 years, Stromless. At the moment, the DRZ is not insured, but I have a brand new Tracer 900 that wants to eat pavement (not so much gravel). Looking to put some miles on that one now that it is broken in and begging to go. Did the Stave/Sylvester/Aggasiz/Chilliwack River Rd route last week. Fun bike.
    When things warm up a bit more, the DRZ wants to go up the east side of Harrison.
  7. canadius_maximus

canadius_maximus Quaere verum

Oddometer:
    Quick afternoon jaunt with my good buddy up Sumas and then quiet country roads home.

6B20084B-C05D-4A27-9221-58190511A447.jpeg 0CFE6E80-EB1B-4FFF-8DE6-4E022444EC56.jpeg AB58861C-57EB-488D-B165-895E51AA4B1D.jpeg
    A4712D85-9966-4018-9EE4-ABC7DF46CB0D.jpeg

Fun season, 2021 edition is finally here!
    yamalama likes this.
  8. canadius_maximus

Oddometer:
    More from that area...

D16DBBC1-E0CA-4F72-BD5B-88C54630E0C4.jpeg 08EEE480-1705-4896-834B-D5E48D6D3CDC.jpeg
  9. canadius_maximus

Oddometer:
    CCitis likes this.
  10. DWEL700

DWEL700 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    WHATCHA BUYING?
  11. Tacobul

Tacobul n00b

Oddometer:
    The plastics look like 2008 ....yet the frame is blue. I am confused about the year of your bike, is it 2008 ? What does the R mean in FE 550R ? Wasn't aware of this model.....sure looks like an E to me. At this hour count (400+) how did the leakdown test go ? Has there been an engine rebuild in your time owning the bike ? Nice work , nice bike .
  12. canadius_maximus

Oddometer:
    It’s an E 2008. I powder coated from stock black to blue because I liked the older Berg frame colour. Plus the lighter colour makes it easier to track if there's an oil or other fluid leak. Tank decal was creative license :lol3 All this was discussed in the build thread.

Leak down is good. 12% of intake leak.

New bike? Undecided yet. More street oriented likely. Here's to seeing you guys again on the trails soon at some point.

cm
    Tacobul likes this.
  13. V1Vr

V1Vr just an average Joe

Oddometer:
    If you are still 450L curious drop me a line if you'd like to take mine for a toot. It may or may not be what you are looking for.:muutt
  14. canadius_maximus

Oddometer:
    Thanks V1VR-very kind!!!
  15. larolco

larolco Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Have you got it broken in yet?
  16. V1Vr

V1Vr just an average Joe

Oddometer:
    I bought it used, so it came pre-loved:D.

I was in your neck of the woods yesterday. Had to hop on the freeway for a bit. I have to say I'm impressed with the jam the little 450 has. Shifting into 6th at 105ish. 120 without breaking a sweat and there seems to be a fair bit left. Definitely know it's not a 500 lb bike around transports and such, but otherwise well behaved on the slab.
  17. CCitis

CCitis Long timer

Oddometer:
    These new travel restrictions are rough... seems that we will be stuck in the lower mainland, and they even said you should not leave your municipality... bit of a bummer for a while. I had hoped to at least do some day trips soon!
  18. canadius_maximus

Oddometer:
    Non-essential travel is between health districts - and for those of us in the Lower Mainland, the BC government is treating Vancouver Coastal Health and Fraser Health as a contiguous zone, of sorts.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/travel/current#restrictions

Travel regions
    The order combines B.C.'s five health authorities into three regions of the province. Travel into and out of the regions for non-essential reasons is not allowed and is now prohibited by law. The regions are:

1. Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley (Fraser Health and Vancouver Coastal Health)
    2. Northern/Interior (Northern Health and Interior Health, including Bella Coola Valley, the Central Coast and Hope)
      • Residents from the Hope area can travel to Chilliwack for essential goods and supplies
      • Residents from the Bella Coola Valley and Central Coast area can travel to Port Hardy for essential goods and supplies
    3. Vancouver Island (Vancouver Island Health)

So I'd say common-sense travel throughout / within the Lower mainland is acceptable. Physical distancing, masks where required, obviously - there's still good, accessible riding to be had. Took a couple buddies up Sumas Mountain who had never been - great little ride to, at, and from.

8676CD8A-3643-4DBB-AA73-D7B9F3DAD131.jpeg C6450B98-092B-4833-86B6-8AA8547A22CB.jpeg
  19. CCitis

CCitis Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the summary... there is some good riding... but after Hope and onto the Island is great riding! I also used to always head into Washington as I am sure many of you have. I have never been up Sumas Mtn either. Big bike friendly?(1150GS)
  20. canadius_maximus

Oddometer:

Oh sure, I concur completely that it’s not ideal. The Wenatchee / Leavenworth area is a favourite summer destination for our family. My wife and kids hang by the pool or river, and Daddy rides his bike - everyone wins.

Those times will return, I’m sure, just not (likely) for this year, or at least this summer.

Notwithstanding the imperfect situation it is, I’m grateful we live where we do, both in this region, and especially this country.

Yes, Sumas is definitely big bike friendly. If you want to go, I’ll take you up, schedule permitting.
    CCitis likes this.