Lower mainland meet-ups and group rides 2019

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ommoran, Feb 17, 2019.

1. ommoran

ommoran Experienced Newbie

Oddometer:
    I was wandering through some old photos this week, and realized that February 25 last year is the year we had a meet at the Knight & Day at Boundary and Lougheed, and then went to the Deeley Motorcycle Museum. February 25th this year I will be in Florida.

My schedule would suggest that the 16th of March would be an ideal day for another get together. We could go to Deeley, or we could just bullshit in a pub, or... whatever. The weather will also be more co-operative, as I remember only one of us rode last year. So, perhaps a 9AM meet, and a ride out to somewhere? Up over Stave Falls and a burger in Harrison?

Let me know if there's any interest in another get together. I got busy with my new job last year, so I wasn't even on the forum much - something I am going to try and correct this year!

Cheers!

~Martin
  2. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

Your ride to the top of the earth, one of the 1st to ride to TUK, and then through the biggest wildfire in BC history had you certainly 'involved' and distracted from forum activity, of which I'm sure we'll give you a pass.
    Being a native west coast fluff ball, LOL, I'll reluctantly accept the confirmation that March 16th at 9am will be quite lovely in Harrison. Better get busy installing my heated grips on my bush hack. I'm in.
  3. ommoran

Oddometer:
    Oh, good sir - you misremember me. I've a trip planned to Alaska - one day - with my brother. I did not ride Tuk. I'm a novice. But I do in fact have the orange V-strom.
    Steve G. likes this.
  4. Tytan

Tytan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sign me up.

Like Steve G I would prefer somewhere East down the valley instead of downtown here's hoping the weather is decent I should have something insured by then.
  5. rswift-ebay

rswift-ebay Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sign me up. I will be there unless it's snowing lol
    Steve G. likes this.
  6. Allrpm

Allrpm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am in T-bay that weekend. Next time!!

RPM
  7. MikefromNL

MikefromNL Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ha ha. I think you might be talking about me there. :flush

I'll be there on my bike. It has definitely earned some scuffs and scratches since last years meetup when it was practically brand new!
    Let me know what time and where. Maybe I can throw together some footage of the trip to Tuk to share.

A ride sounds good to me. But if the weather turns out to be bad and folks aren't up for a ride I'll request we do it somewhere west of Langley but east of the Salish Sea (preferably Vancouver, Richmond, or Burnaby), as I don't have a choice but to ride.
  8. Steve G.

Oddometer:

Yes, for sure I was thinking you. Was sipping a bit too much red wine cause my knees hurt.

Yeah the trend is that it’s going to be cooler than average this spring, I’m not keen on black ice in the morning. I work 2 day a week in the “Wack”, the rest Abbotsford, live in Scurvy, so see the variables weather and temperature wise in this region. March 16 in Harrison could easily see 15c, or. -5c . I think a last minute call may be in order.
    MikefromNL likes this.
  9. Steve G.

Oddometer:
    Hmmmm, March 16rh, GA Checkpoint’s 45th anniversary grand opening,,,,, might have to break away early from the ride/meet lads. Free food, free drink, door prizes, vendor participation great deals on stuff,,and 300 yards from a very good artizan craft brewery, I’m a sucker for that combo.
    Rocket Richie and MikefromNL like this.
  10. MikefromNL

MikefromNL Long timer

Oddometer:
    I might have to avoid that one or I'd wind up taking a WR250R home.
    Boy do I like that bike!
    Steve G. likes this.
  11. Steve G.

Oddometer:
    Hey, you live in metro van, your awash in money. Park it on your condo,,,, I’ve snuck motorcycles up to the 25th floor through the elevator at 3am. Lol
  12. MikefromNL

MikefromNL Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lol. If by awash in money you mean barely able to pay rent then you are correct sir!
    My next bike purchase is going to be a crf250l or klx250 for the missus.
    Steve G. likes this.
  13. Steve G.

Oddometer:
    Perfect bikes both of them.
  14. MikefromNL

MikefromNL Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think it will come down to what's the best deal on a used bike.
  15. Steve G.

Oddometer:
    Traditionally, Honda’s hold their value slightly better. I honestly don’t know which has been rude reviewed as the best overall bike between these two.
  16. kirbybikes

kirbybikes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can make the breakfast meeting, but like Steve G. will be departing early for the GA checkpoint thing. Has an official location/time been determined? I'm in Vancouver so anywhere east form here to Poco is okay with me. Might try and bring the wife (yes, she rides G650 XC) and a KLR riding friend. Won't be on the bikes.
  17. ommoran

Oddometer:
    Not yet but I'm now interested in the GA checkpoint thing too. Port Moody right?

I'm back to van tomorrow so will put more thought into it, but brekkie then a dealer sounds outstanding to me.
  18. Steve G.

Oddometer:
    Nope, they left Pt. Moody, they are celebrating 45 years as well as their new location, out off Mary Hill bypass, close to the western end of the new Pit River Bridge. Great location actually, no more stop n go like St Johns St, it’s all open and good speed , minimal lights and such. Never been a big customer of GA Checkpoint, but hey, free food,,,,,,I’m Scottish after all.
    Rocket Richie likes this.
  19. kirbybikes

kirbybikes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Rocket Richie and Steve G. like this.
  20. ommoran

Oddometer:
    I don't know any great independent breakfast places in Coquitlam but they do have a Cora's. We could always try there.