Lower mainland meet-ups and group rides 2019

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ommoran, Feb 17, 2019.

1. TooFarGone

TooFarGone Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A vid of our East Harrison / Kookipi / Lytton ride last Saturday.

Rocket Richie, Lycan1, Allrpm and 2 others like this.
  2. The Island

The Island Im lost.

Oddometer:
    Hey folks. I am planning a ride with a few others (you know who you are) on July 13th, 2019 starting in Harrison and meeting at 0700 on the Esplanade Ave - just at the end, and to the east of #9. There's a little parking strip that faces the lake that usually doesn't have cars parked there that early so - should be pretty darn easy to spot.

See map here

I was thinking of taking Harrison East all the way to Boson Bar and then, Texas Creek Road all the way north to Lilouette. This trek is around 200KM from Harrison to Lilouette with the potential for gas in Boston Bar approximately 1/3rd of the way (should anyone need it). The trail doesn't really go into Boston Bar as it bypasses it by a few KM. From there, and depending on where people live - we can either split up (or stay together - like the mean biker gang we will turn into) to head back south by taking either the 99 or the 12 to the, #1

If anyone hasn't taken this trek before, it's a pretty relaxing and scenic ride. It's by no means short and there isn't anything really technical with the exception of a summit of 1200M that has a bit of a climb. From year to year, I have seen everything from super crazy loose rock to, almost paved conditions but, this will be the only potential for dropping bikes if you aren't used to riding on loose knuckle sized rocks.

If you aren't doing anything on Saturday, come hang out, shoot the shit and have some fun. If you are planning on coming, PM me to get my number in the event you are running late otherwise, just make sure you are on time or else, the train will carry on without even knowing you are coming.

Ciao - Grant.
    matt.the.ogre, Allrpm and yamalama like this.
  3. The Island

The Island Im lost.

Oddometer:
    Sorry everyone - I didn’t get anyone’s PM so I can’t contact anyone but I woke up throwing up. I tried to make it out of town but had to turn around.

Can’t make it out people. Sorry to anyone who actually did go!
    Allrpm likes this.
  4. larolco

larolco Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Who's into riding
    Damn, I would have been in for that ride but I was up north.

How were the conditions?
  5. Black99S

Black99S Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    yamalama and zeegman like this.
  6. zeegman

zeegman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yah - just checked the Fortnite website and saw that too - weird:eek7
    Nice detail on that map.
    What software and maps are you using if I may ask?

Thanks,
    Mike Z
  7. MRCL

MRCL Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I may go up over Kookipi pass on Sunday, anyone up for a ride?

Cheers
    Allrpm likes this.
  8. Black99S

Oddometer:
    Garmin Basecamp with backroads maps BC.
    Highlight the routes and take a screen snap. save the picture / export it as .JPG then use markup to add arrows.

Scottie creek FSR was a fun ride ...
    RR screen snap.jpg RR as ridden.jpg
  9. PEIslander

PEIslander OK then

Oddometer:
    Very cool, I'm happy to find this post and now has me encouraged to give the ride to Indian Arm a try, I'll be on my F800GS.

Been wanting to ride up there for some time now...and to camp overnight, should make for a nice escape from the f'n city

I hope to be able to give it a try this weekend or in a couple of weeks...:hmmmmm

So, from what you found in May it sounds to be big bike friendly this year?
    Can you confirm please, much appreciated
    I'll be solo as usual and packing my bear spray :rofl
  10. TooFarGone

TooFarGone Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I rode solo on a big bike so it should be no problem on your 800. There were a few loose hills where they repaired the road they weren’t too bad when I rode it and I expect they will just get better with use.
  11. PEIslander

PEIslander OK then

Oddometer:
    Good to know, thanks

I passed on going last weekend because it was lookin to be a wet time camping...didn't want to be setting up a tent in the rain...unless I had to :-)
    I hope to be able to give it a go in a couple of weeks.
  12. larolco

larolco Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If you want company, post when you plan to go. It's on my list of rides this year. Likely take the DRZ.
  13. PEIslander

PEIslander OK then

Oddometer:
    Sure that should be fine, a week Saturday the 24th is my next possible date...well lets see
    FYI, I'm planning to find a camp spot up there(somewhere?) or up the Squamish/Elaho valley if it doesn't work out in Indian Arm but only if no rain forecasted :-)
  14. yamalama

yamalama wet coaster

Oddometer:
    was up to Indian Arm last week - big bike - piece of cake.
    gonna camp? lotsa bears. be prepared.
    Steve G. likes this.
  15. larolco

larolco Adventurer

Oddometer:
    For me it would be a day trip. Baseball game on the 25th. I'm on holidays for the rest of the month so I'm reasonably flexible with dates barring pre-existing commitments.
    It's good to have someone to ride in with anyhow, just in case. On the way back you know what to expect.
  16. PEIslander

PEIslander OK then

Oddometer:
    Yup that's right, we should do it on the 24th then, rain or shine. If it's nice I intend to camp.
    Anyone else want to tag along your welcome, we're lookin at a week from this Saturday.
    Not sure about an early start...depends on Friday night :drink :rofl and from what I understand, it shouldn't take so long to reach Indian Arm...I'll catch up eventually
    Where to meet up? I live in downtown Vancouver
    Cheers
  17. PEIslander

PEIslander OK then

Oddometer:
    Cool thanks for the intel yamalama
    Expecting some bears up there, have bear spray/bangers/flares BUT don't want to make the news :scratch , will make the call when there...but no problem I could just back track and head up the Squamish/Elaho FSR and find a site :dunno:-)
    Allrpm likes this.
  18. larolco

larolco Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm not a 100% go for that date, but close. I have to button a few things up first, like my truck which is on a hoist and the transmission on the ground (clutch job). Spent all day on that today. I also have relatives coming into town but should be gone before then (I hope).
    I'll be returning the same day but I'm not racing so I'd prefer an earlyish start but am flexible. A 400 only gets you so far so fast and I am no hot shot in the rough stuff.
    Meeting place could be somewhere in North Van, next to the highway. Anyone else wants to tag along for the ride is cool with me.
    It's been a while since my last excursion and I'm looking forward to it.
  19. PEIslander

PEIslander OK then

Oddometer:
    No worries larolco and good luck with all of that, my front tire could be fresher so I'll need to be mindful of that in the dirt and I expect to stop for a pic or two.
    How about meeting up at this United Church parking lot at Taylor Way and HWY 1?
    We can decide on the time later next week, I prefer to not be rushed as well...looking forward to getting up there :-)

upload_2019-8-16_8-29-40.png
  20. Black99S

Oddometer:
    I might be up for an in/out ride to Indian Arm. Not been up there this year.
    St. David's is a good place to meet up.
    What time you guys meeting up?