Lower pegs for 800 GS, will 1200 GS work?

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Omega Man, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Omega Man

Omega Man Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have bad knees and have found the 800 GS peg height puts too much bend on the knees, making for stiff joints after a few hours. I put some Wunderlich lowered SS pegs on my 1150 GS years back and they really make a difference in long distance ride comfort.

I've heard that pegs for a 1200 GS have the same mounting set up, so will lowered pegs for a 1200GS work on my new 800?

Seeking info from the parts Gurus.
    Thanks
  2. mrpete64

mrpete64 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just got an e-mail from suburban machinery that they have lower pegs for an 800 GS. I also suffer from the same problem you have. Check them out. I have purchased a lot of stuff from them and the quality of their product is...excellent!!
    Mr. Pete--->
  3. levity

levity nano-Adventurer

Oddometer:
    OM - Fastway footpegs can be mounted in a "low-boy" position that is ~18 mm lower than the stock pegs and ~1 cm back -- may be enough.

There are some photos and more info in this thread on the 8GS ergos.
  4. bxr140

bxr140 Flame Bait

Oddometer:
    Dumb question...did you pull the rubber inserts out of the pegs?
  5. Omega Man

Omega Man Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I did, it helps but I could still use some more drop. so far the Touratech adjustable lowered pegs look like I could get the most adjustment out of them, and I like the adjustment factor.

I looked at Fastways, the may be the next best, like the wunderlich, they are wide and have lost of "grip" with the allen screws.

Thanks for the input.