Lucky canyon slide

Discussion in 'Face Plant' started by turbodmac, Oct 26, 2019.

1. turbodmac

turbodmac Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well it finally happened. I was heading home after a nice morning ride in the Santa Monica mountains and next thing I know I was going for a slide. Hit a line of gravel mid turn and was down in a flash. I had come up the same road in the other lane but didn’t notice it then either. It was on the shaded side of a tightish uphill turn. The uphill helped by slowing my slide before I made it across to the guardrail. I was taking it fairly easy at this point because there are usually a lot of cyclists and cars heading to the beach by this time so I was probably in the 30-40mph range but I have no idea. Full atgatt saved the day. Walked away with a small rug burn on my forearm from where it rubbed inside my jackets armor. I’ll be a bit stiff tomorrow but consider myself lucky. I walked back over the spot and found a long line of gravel that was really close to the same color as the asphalt- especially in the shade. Anyway - be safe out there.

Attached Files:

2. Khantahr

Khantahr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gravel scares the crap outta me, haven't gone down on any though. Glad you made it out mostly unscathed!
    TexasAggie2008 likes this.
  3. turbodmac

turbodmac Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah, there's often some rockslide stuff on these roads but they are quite visible because of color contrast. This stuff looks like it was push onto the road by a vehicle. I was looking at my stuff again this morning and noticed my gopro chin mount is scraped. Don't remember my face hitting but it explains the stiff neck.