Luna cycles Sur-Ron Electric trailbike

Discussion in 'Electric Motorcycles' started by dogsslober, Jan 2, 2018.

1. n16ht5

n16ht5 ride the night

Oddometer:
    this thread needs more photos
    [​IMG]
    jas67, Watercat, Vegas800XC and 5 others like this.
  2. El Pacifico

El Pacifico Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good looking bike! How does it handle the PNW trails? Going up some of the steep stuff?
  3. TeeJayIdaho

TeeJayIdaho Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ok, here's a couple more for the thread. One from the Idaho desert and one from the mountains.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. HadesOmega

HadesOmega Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Rubicon cheater bike
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ORIF, woodsrider-boyd, swamp and 9 others like this.
  5. voltsxamps

voltsxamps Advolturer

Oddometer:
    .. and videos :brow

6. Crash217

Crash217 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  7. Crash217

Oddometer:
  8. TeeJayIdaho

TeeJayIdaho Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hmm... definitely a Sur Ron bike branded as a Segway. Will be curious to see if it will be much different (suspension, motor, controller) than the Luna Sur Ron's or if it will be essentially the same just with different stickers.
  9. smdub

smdub Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Haha. It is a SurRon. Good find. I keep flipping back and forth between pics. It's identical except for the little frame cutout at the bottom. Segway must be private labeling it. Wonder what cells are in the bigger X260 pack.
  10. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    Segway is the largest share holder in Sur Ron. https://electrek.co/2019/11/05/segway-unveils-electric-dirt-bike-sur-ron/
    Crash217 likes this.
  11. Crash217

Oddometer:
    Interesting. I saw it and thought to myself “that looks a lot like a Sur-Ron” but didn’t take time to compare them.

I wonder if Segway will capitalize on their “premium” namesake on the model or upscale it at all?
    Brtp4 likes this.
  12. motodojo

motodojo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Segway has bluetooth
  13. HapHazard

HapHazard Waiting for Gudenov

Oddometer:
    Bucho, Crash217 and TeeJayIdaho like this.
  14. TeeJayIdaho

TeeJayIdaho Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Segway also lists that it will have 3 speed modes instead of just 2. Doesn't list regen braking like on my X version but that'd be a must have for me with all the hills where I ride.
    woodsrider-boyd likes this.
  15. HadesOmega

Oddometer:
    info on the Storm Bee from Electrek at EICMA. Time to start saving my money! Speaking of money we still need, it's obviously going to cost more than a Light Bee but hopefully cheaper than a Zero FX or a Cake Kalk or the Altas.

30HP / 382 lb-ft torques!
    96V 4.6KWH battery
    62 Miles city range so figure somewhere range 40-50miles depending on speed
    4 Ride modes
    ABS
    18" rear / 21" front
    290mm (11.4") suspension travel
    45 deg climbing angle like Light Bee
    260 lbs

https://electrek.co/2019/11/07/sur-ron-storm-bee-electric-motorycle-eicma/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. woodsrider-boyd

woodsrider-boyd Wow, these guys are fast

Oddometer:
    I like what I am assuming is that left hand rear brake setup. I'm in the process of putting together a LHRB for my Alta using a clutch master which requires a custom hydraulic line, using that master would have made my life a bit easier.

I was up in the mountains yesterday on my Alta and was wishing I had my LHRB installed the whole time, Lol.

Can't wait for these to hit the trails, very curious how it stacks up to the Alta's.
  17. HadesOmega

Oddometer:
    Yeah the LHRB is nice it's definitely the bees knees on the Light Bee. Hopefully will be cheaper than the Alta, if the Alta were cheaper I would own one right now.
    woodsrider-boyd likes this.
  18. StuInFH

StuInFH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    5AFDF95C-77E4-4820-98C6-20C6DC129751.jpeg F0A5D2AB-1D97-4E17-81C7-6259F736E4C7.jpeg 302AD521-697F-49ED-811A-F65A9AFAA2AA.jpeg
    n16ht5 and Allucaneat like this.
  19. Jasonjm

Jasonjm n00b

Oddometer:
    I have about 200 hours of riding time on a stock sur ron which I own in italy. and I love it! but now im conflicted. I also live in california. And here in socal, I have to drive 1 hr or +hours to ride Motobikes, so i cant leave the surron bike charging while i eat lunch like in italy. and the riding in socal is generally much more wide open desert type riding vs tech single track in italy.

so I am torn between the surron X and a KTM 350. I change my mind every day, I cant decide what to buy

SURRON + cheaper, lower maintenance, less skill required, more fun on tech trails, more fun on downhills
    SURRON - easier to break stuff, brakes suck, throttle cheap and weird, charging, cost with upgrades and batteries can get close to KTM price - 3 batteries and you are at KTM, I am borderline too large for the SURRON (6f2 195 lbs), I assume almost zero resale value, especially for any mods or addons you do

KTM + more fun in open desert area with lots of sand. Can ride as much as you want, just add gas. hill climbs, established decent resale, stock bike will be better than i can ever ride, zero mods needed
    KTM - motor maintenance, noise, so much heavier, changing gears all the time

anyone have any thoughts?
    Remarksman likes this.
  20. StuInFH

StuInFH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It’s not a first bike, or even a second bike. More like a seventh bike. And just a play one at that. Not really a mini moto imo, a little mx bike would eat the LBX’s lunch. But as a DH MTB with a motor, Two Thumbs Up. Figure about $6K in it to make it more stout, plus maybe a spare batt! That’s not the best value when budget constraints dictate only a few bikes.

I nixed idea of ASI 4000 controller and 72v batt, I think that is just asking for trouble off-road.

I can’t figure out why ppl say the brakes suck. I one finger front and rear on dirt from wfo with 60T, about 35mph, down to corner entry speed. Guess heavier riders on street going 50 need more for stop signs?

SoCal desert on an LBX?!? A 350 is on wimpy side. I’d be on my 500.

Seems silly to transport an Ebike to only ride an hour or two imo. Better for yard or to ride from house.