Lunch Run, Cooper Landing. Kick ass cooking

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by AK Charlie, May 20, 2010.

1. AK Charlie

AK Charlie Born Again

Oddometer:
    Hayduchess and myself are going for lunch at Cooper Landing. The rest. is Chef's Kick Ass Cooking. Should be a beautiful day for riding down here on the Kenai. Kick ass cooking sounds about right to me for a bunch of ADV riders. We're planning on noon if Hayduchess's (not so ugly) DR can make it okay:wave . Anybody want to join us, your more than welcome. By the way we're talking about this Sat.
  2. AKmud

AKmud Muddy Gruver

Oddometer:
    The "ugly DR" should be in much better shape if she got that screw in the exhaust heat shield replaced! :ricky

Duchess,

Hopefully Fastenal was able to hook you up. :thumb
  3. AK Charlie

AK Charlie Born Again

Oddometer:
    This will be a TEST ride for her before departing next week for Deadhorse with the GEEZERS which we now have another KLR geezer who is going. :clap
  4. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    :poser:poser:poser

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cffklh1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="Street"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="address"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> <st1:street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Dalton Highway</st1:address></st1:street> from Milepost 357 to Milepost 414 Warnings: Atmospherics: - Overcast - Light snow - Visibility reduced - Poor visibility . Pavements: Snow on roadway - Drifting snow - Blowing snow - Packed snow . Snow: Wind Speed: 25 MPH Wind Dir : North East
  5. AK Charlie

AK Charlie Born Again

Oddometer:
    That's okay, her DR is invincable.:topes

:hide
  6. Beezer

Beezer Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anchorage, formerly Spenard (hub of the universe)
    I'm a maybe... lots going on this weekend. I do have some new gear that needs road testing... would prolly be an overnighter for me.
  7. AK Charlie

AK Charlie Born Again

Oddometer:
    Beezer: PM sent.
  8. HayDuchessLives

HayDuchessLives Loquita

Oddometer:
    Hey AKMud,

It was an interesting surprise meeting you, even though you mistakenly referred to my DR as being ugly. :ddog I guess my bike has gained some sort of notoriety. Even Tom S insulted her (much worse), in quite the perfect deadpan voice. She's really quite attractive, like all DRs. :thumb

It appears a myth has somehow started that my DR is ugly, but she's truly not, which I'm sure you saw when you checked her out. Right?

Thanks for the Fastenal recommendation; the guy there helped me out. I went to three different stores before I could get a proper screw. Now what kind of service is that? :scratch I can't be the only rider in Anchorage with a screw loose! (But don't ask Charlie or Jack their opinion of whether or not I have a few loose screws.... :jump)

Thanks for the weather update Kevin! It sounds like I should bring my skis and a big kite so I can "kite ski" to Deadhorse. Although I might get blown off course and end up lost somewhere, aimlessly wandering around, uselessly calling for assistance from the Geezers, who are not going to be chivalrous. They'll just wait to take photos of me if I encounter problems. :eek1 If Maggie goes with us, she can provide a MASSIVE wind barrier and help us get through.

Charlie, you're still in trouble and also lost your previous "debonair" status. It's nice of you to ride your KLR to Cooper Landing so I can kick it without having to ride all the way to Homer! :lol2

AKMud - have a fantastic trip! I was a little nervous at first, when a big guy in a police officer's uniform asked me if I was Hayduchess. I was sure ready to plead "innocent" to whatever offense Hayduchess may have committed! :knary

:poser
  9. AK Charlie

AK Charlie Born Again

Oddometer:
    :scratch I can't be the only rider in Anchorage with a screw loose! (But don't ask Charlie or Jack their opinion of whether or not I have a few loose screws.... :jump)
    A few loose screws is putting it mildly.

Charlie, you're still in trouble and also lost your previous "debonair" status. It's nice of you to ride your KLR to Cooper Landing so I can kick it without having to ride all the way to Homer! :lol2

:poser[/quote]

HOw soon you forget. I was NEVER "debonair". That was and is Jack. I'm "distinguished" handsome, intelligent, and a few other outstanding attributes. :clap

I picked Cooper Landing. Didn't have confidence your DR with loose screws might not be able to make the treke to Homer. Besides we have enough loose screws around Homer. After all, I'm here.

Besides I have to try some Cook Ass Cooking. :wings
  10. Beezer

Beezer Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anchorage, formerly Spenard (hub of the universe)
    Leave at noon.... me & TR are prolly in.

Arrive at noon.... no can do, have morning obligations.

Cooper is about 2 hours from either end... kinda right in the middle... makes the math easy.
  11. AK Charlie

AK Charlie Born Again

Oddometer:
    Just left a message for Hayduchess. When and if she gets back to me, I'll let you know. 2 hr's makes no differnce to me. So we'll see what she says.
  12. AK Charlie

AK Charlie Born Again

Oddometer:
    Hayduchess is agreeable to meet you guys at the snow plow. Hope to see you's at Kick Ass Cooking.:thumb
  13. Tom S

Tom S Can I ride it? Supporter

Oddometer:
    I wanted to go but couldn't. It was close by so I just went down just to cause hate & discontent as usual.
    Herds of cruiser bikes were going South, several pulling trailers. :huh

Beezer, Tractor Rider, HayDuchessLives, Flybynitetours. Looks like FBNT's DR is markin' it's spot. :lol3

[​IMG]

As you can see, 'someone' refused to park with us. WTF? :rolleyes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TR sportin'some spiffy new duds & bike too! :thumb

[​IMG]

He is wearin' Fighters favorirte cap. :nod

[​IMG]

TR & HDL. HDL still ain't got the ADV salute down. :cry --->:ken

[​IMG]

Then gives us her best bull moose impression. :ksteve
    Oh, yeah, with moose tongue too. I hear thems good eatin. :lol3

[​IMG]

It was a beautiful day, wish I could have gone with you. Bet it was a nice ride. Looking to ride tomorrow fer sure. Might buy an old classic bike tomorrow too.

HDL, did charlie kick yer ass? :lol3
  14. TRACTOR RIDER

TRACTOR RIDER No Rules Gruver

Oddometer:
    Ride was great, Company was fine, Food Sucked. Charlie U need help picking places to eat!:puke1 :rofl

TR:huh
  15. AK Charlie

AK Charlie Born Again

Oddometer:
    Tom S. great pic's and write up. You know you have allow for HDL, she's Bob Hope's daughter.....Hopeless. :poser I guess I should be nice to her, she bought my lunch. However that was only cause she owed it to me. :clap

Going to try and post some pic's tomorrow, yes I did kick her ass. Her and I rode to Seward, she did okay. I stayed in 4th so she could keep up with her DR.:poser :poser :poser :poser :poser :poser

Actually she did really well considering. :poser
  16. HayDuchessLives

HayDuchessLives Loquita

Oddometer:
    I ended up riding a little over 300 miles yesterday, enjoying awesome sunshine, stunning scenery and good company, when the guys stopped and waited for me to catch up. :D Yes, my butt was kicked, soundly, and I can not ride as fast as the more-experienced riders, but it was still fun! I started out riding BEHIND three guys, met up with a 4th (Charlie), rode to Seward with 1 guy (Charlie), then rode home solo from Seward. Hmmm.... I guess my bull moose imitation isn't the best way to make a good impression on riding partners. :lol3 I visited with Trooper Vic (hubba hubba!) for a little bit while in Seward as he and Nordkapper rode down there on the TRAIN, instead of their bikes. What's up with that?

Today I'm parking my motorcycle :cry and going for a nearly 40-mile bicycle ride out along Turnagain Arm. Gotta stay in shape!

Tom S - love your sense of humor! I parked my bike off by herself so she wouldn't hear anybody call her ugly. :nod

---Granny Gone Wild (GGW)
  17. AKDuc

AKDuc Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer:
    A friendly neighbor hooked us up with 1/2 price fares! :wink:

Glad you all had a good time. It was crazy worky worky for me as our big Anniversary Sale just began.

Mark H.
  18. Alcan Rider

Alcan Rider Frozen Fossil Supporter

Oddometer:
    An ugly bike is an ugly bike, no matter where you park it. :(:

Just don't park it in front of a mirror, or reflective window :nono it would end up with a complex.

:lol3
  19. AK Charlie

AK Charlie Born Again

Oddometer:
    Kick Ass lunch gang:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Notice who's kicking who. It didn't do any good though. She's Hopeless.

Can't speak for the rest of the gang but I thought the Kick Ass BBQ brisket was the best I've ever had. Plan on stopping there on Thurs. on my way up.

Thanks to all who showed up to try the Kick Ass Cooking.
  20. Tom S

Tom S Can I ride it? Supporter

Oddometer:
    :augie :evil

[​IMG]