Magadan Road Of Bones, Old Summer Road And West July 2019

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Two Moto Kiwis, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Two Moto Kiwis

Two Moto Kiwis Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer:
    Good afternoon all

I will be leaving from Magadan beginning of July to ride the Road Old Bones and if weather allows the Old Summer Road.

Have put it on the Hubb as well, looking for team mates to do the ride, anyone wanting to hook up and go from Magadan I would be keen to know or if anyone is approaching from the west coming east.

I am on a WR250R.
    NSFW, young1 and TexasAggie2008 like this.
  2. Balthazard

Balthazard Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi,
    I will be doing the same starting in mid-August. I would like to know the conditions of the summer road and if bridges are doable or not.
    Any post or update from your part would be mostly appreciate.
    Normand
  3. Two Moto Kiwis

Two Moto Kiwis Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer:
    Heya Normand, no worries with that, I am solo and hoping to get a riding partner for the Old Summer Road and of course weather dependant too.

I have started a ride report in the ride reports section so will have pics and writeup etc of what I find.

Cheers Andi
  4. monnomania

monnomania Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello Andi
    I see by your Spotwallah that you'll be dropping into Irkutsk in a couple of days. My wife and I (riding a pair of WRRs) are exiting Mongolia in the east and will likely hit the transSib in Chita. From there we head north to the ROB.

So we will not likely cross paths.

I noted that you managed a hover-manoeuvre from Vlad to Magadan. I would be very interested in learning how you did that. I do not relish the ifea of the go-and-return drive to magadan. We need to get to Vlad to catch the ferry to Japan.

PM sent

Chris
  5. Manrider218

Manrider218 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1
    [​IMG]