Magic String Edventure - This ain't gonna be no vacation. Going deep in Asia

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by flyingdutchman177, Feb 21, 2019.

1. yokesman

yokesman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ok Ill bite, how did you being on a visa(what type I dont know) is able to register your motorcycle ( I assume in your name).?
    That arrangement.?
  2. roadcapDen

roadcapDen Ass, Grass or Gas, no free rides.

Oddometer:
    Ya, look up the "Twins" again...for me haha...:photog
  3. BruceT

BruceT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    loaded.jpg This how I loaded my bike for Vietnam...you still have lots of room Ed !
    Grynch, RiderRick and Mofrid like this.
  4. flyingdutchman177

flyingdutchman177 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I made it into Laos. I am seeking out all the most difficult places to get to in the Northern part of the country. The roads are horrible (which means awesome in Adv langauage). And once away from the border, the people are super friendly and welcoming.
    I will be camping out most nights which mean no wifi. And that means I will only be posting when I can.
    This trip is for me. I just want to get out into the jungles and mountains as far away from tourists and civilization as possible and experience the real country and it's people. I am not guiding a tour for anyone and I dont have a chick on the back of my bike that I need to take into consideration. It's just me and my bike.
    Laos is a communist country and I am living as free as possible.......freedom in the true sense of the word. I eat, sleep and shit when I want to (and where I want to)
    I will update my posts when I can so please be patient.
    Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Travis Lutter

Travis Lutter MMA

Oddometer:
    Be safe adventure on!!!
  6. 3 bike

3 bike Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Fantastic, enjoy your freedom !!
  7. SmilinJoe

SmilinJoe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Ed, really looking forward to this Edventure but I am sure, not as much as you my friend. Be safe and make great memories. If you pass through this part of Oklahoma again you always have a room. Not sure why the mods keep deleting your stuff? Like ki_ote mentioned earlier that your report seems to be hit more than others. Guess your not allowed to mention the makers of the mods or products you install on your bikes. we all know big reports out there that do have major sponsors and they mention the products by name. This is why I have not become a annual subscriber because the rules do not apply to everyone the same. Keep the Edventure coming my friend and be safe.
  8. cejnys

cejnys Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I wish I could be there with you brother!

Looks like you are very lucky with the weather; Laos roads/paths are very nice and fun when is dry. As soon as it starts raining they transform into "mud hell" where even locals have trouble to move around. Enjoy your Edventure!!
  9. RokLobster

RokLobster Far from sanity

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  10. johnnybgood8

johnnybgood8 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can you write prices in $ there for different products like- beer, water, meal, gasoline, motel etc?
  11. radmann10

radmann10 Derf Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ed, thank you for taking us along on another Edventure. Travel safe!
  12. flyingdutchman177

Oddometer:
    Google maps ain't worth a damn around here. Getting lost in Laos and finding happiness on the trail.

[​IMG]
    poppawheelie, mb300, Foiler and 21 others like this.
  13. flyingdutchman177

Oddometer:
    Beer - less than a buck
    Water - I fill up my bottle at the restaurant's water cooler
    Meal - 3 to 6 dollars food only
    Gas - about a buck a liter
    Hotel - priceless
    :-)

[​IMG]
    crashkorolyk, mb300, Seba1 and 32 others like this.
  14. flyingdutchman177

Oddometer:
    I am not sure what the rules are these days but I had to become a resident of Thailand. That just meant filling out the right forms and paying some money. It can be done, but it is not easy. One reason I am holding on to this bike. It is in my name and I own it!
  15. flyingdutchman177

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately I won't have time to be visiting the girls on this trip. They are in Myanmar and I am going to be focusing on Laos and Eastern Thailand this go around. But we still send emojis to each other on FB. Because we dont have any idea what the other is saying otherwise.
    mb300, BruceT, Francistor83 and 6 others like this.
  16. flyingdutchman177

Oddometer:
    I am hoping to see her next week. Finger's crossed.
  17. Trip Hammer

Trip Hammer It's not the years, it's the mileage Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nobody does it better! :clap I'm stoked about this one Lalo. You're back in top solo riding form, like I like.
  18. flyingdutchman177

Oddometer:
    Keeping up on my ride reports takes more effort that you can imagine. Yeah, it is frustrating when things getting censored but it is what it is. To date, I have not earned a dime from all my efforts. And that is ok because I am not trying to earn money from it. I see people on YouTube and on blogs that are making money from it and it all comes across and fake and self serving.
    I dont have to be politically correct or say things I dont mean to get people to like my posts in an effort to win more views or gain more notoriety.
    Why do I put for the effort then?
    Let me introduce - Patty and Dwayne
    Dwayne goes by the name of Lopburi here on Advrider. They have a RR called something like.....Best Day of my Life....or something like it. Sorry I forget and couldn't find it easily.
    I met them a few years ago in Thailand and we've stayed in touch since. Great couple.
    This is why I am posting on Advrider and not out selling myself on the social media......it because of all the wonderful people that I've met and all the wonderful people I will meet in the future.
    Oh to answer you question, I was glamping on their land in Thailand and the cover was just a sun screen.
    Sorry for the long answer.

[​IMG]
  19. flyingdutchman177

Oddometer:
    It just started to pour rain here. It is going to make getting outta here interesting.
    I thought this was still the dry season?
  20. flyingdutchman177

Oddometer:
    On this trip, I am taking a lot of videos and doing some narration. I just think video captures the spirit of my trips best. I will be uploading the videos to my FB page when I am finished or if I can find decent wifi. The link can be found in my signature below.
    mb300, Foiler, BruceT and 9 others like this.