Magog Quebec to Mt. Washington

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Mtl_Biker, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Mtl_Biker

Mtl_Biker Long timer

Oddometer:
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> I'm planning to leave Montreal at 5pm on Saturday and head towards Magog or the Sherbrooke area to camp for one night. Then on Sunday morning to ride down the 55 to 141 through Coaticook to Errol in New Hampshire and then along the Androscoggin River to somewhere close to Mt Washington for another night camping.

Then early Monday morning (weather permitting) I'll take the Auto Road up to the top of Mt Washington, have a coffee and then head home along the Kancamagus Hwy to Vermont.

Two questions: Anyone interested in coming along? Also can anyone recommend a place to camp in the Magog/Sherbroooke area? I'd like something I can get to from Montreal before dark, not too far off the highway, and all the better if it's close to a nice pub restaurant where I can get a good beer and some dinner and not have to ride far (if at all) to get back to my tent afterwards.

Thanks!

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->