1. ** Enter to win a $250 gift card! We want to hear from you, please take this survey **

    Take this survey which covers a range of questions about improving the community, the things that interest you and anything else you want to share with us. All responses will remain anonymous.

    Click here to take the survey
    Dismiss Notice

Mahindra buys Zuddap and has plans for BSA

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Mike Ryder, Jan 13, 2017.

  1. Mike Ryder

    Mike Ryder Kriegerkuh Supporter

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2003
    Oddometer:
    1,614
    Location:
    Peachland B.C. Canada
    #1
  2. Sock Monkey

    Sock Monkey 99% bullshitter...the other 1% is just lies

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2007
    Oddometer:
    3,135
    Location:
    SF Bay Area, CA, USA, Earth
    While interesting, it's unclear to me the US or U.K. needs or even wants a heavy single cylinder road bike. Unlike European markets, we don't have a "Learner" license tier which this would be targeted at so most new riders here in the US go straight to 500-600cc twins/fours from the moment they get their endorsement.

    I wish them well in their endeavor but I doubt they will see much success here in the US.......
    #2
  3. rudolf35

    rudolf35 Warped & Twisted Mind

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2008
    Oddometer:
    1,039
    Location:
    Arlington, TX
    With the Jawa small cc bikes Sock Monkey is spot on. The BSA line would sell. A BSA old school scrambler updated with a real suspension would have my interest.
    #3
  4. Maxacceleration

    Maxacceleration Off the grid

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2009
    Oddometer:
    3,579
    Location:
    Wa
    This, which is a Hornet and is a twin cylinder bike. Use a Kawi 650 Twin motor with minimal other changes. Left side shift, electric start... and roost.
    They say 2018? I say 2020 if ever. Is India the new China?
    [​IMG]

    Make Triumph look old... again.
    #4
  5. Max Kool

    Max Kool Xtankteam™

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2004
    Oddometer:
    4,975
    Location:
    Los Angeles
    Lots of typos here lol

    "Zündapp"
    #5