1. eNewsletter Sign Up

making and then loading tracks on a Nuvi 1350

Discussion in 'GPS 101 - Which GPS For Me' started by Yinzer Moto, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes! Thank you! That is the step by step hand holding I needed on this. I was not changing the name of the file. I'll report back tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. DRTBYK

DRTBYK All Things GPS Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you check the box to create a gmapsupp.img file you don't need to change the file name - but you can only have one gmapsupp.img file on internal storage and one on external storage. I don't know if your nuvi will read other IMG file names but you can certainly test it by just giving the gmapsupp.img some other name after it is produced and load it to your nuvi.

By the way, IMGfromGPX will produce lots of map files. The one you want is the gmapsupp.img.
    ohgood likes this.
  3. Yinzer Moto

Oddometer:

You rock! That worked! I am not going share my practice map because I just drew a couple random lines on the map. I am working on a dual sport route, mostly trail, that circumnavigate the city of Pittsburgh, all within 5 miles of downtown. I have most of it put together. Ill share that when I get it done.
  4. Yinzer Moto

Oddometer:
    Lol, no, that stick is pretty far up his...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. wbbnm

wbbnm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hurry up. I can't wait for that Pittsburg circumnavigation route. It is now in my bucket list.
  6. Yinzer Moto

Oddometer:
    LOL, I got about 1/3 put together. For the next 1/3, there is too much road. I need to enlist the help of a buddy when the weather changes for the better. I think I know the last 1/3 but I have not gotten it mapped out yet. The tough part is keeping the trail easy enough to do on a dual sport, the trails get pretty steep around here.
  7. olegmc66

olegmc66 old chevy

Oddometer:
    Thanks to this thread, I can now make and load the .img files but I cant seem to make them as good as Kevins TAT file. His follows the roads exactly, mine are all over the place, I tried tracks, routes, waypoints, files sent to me by others, but just nothing seems to work like his. Frustrating, mostly the tracks seem to work but even tho I make a separate point on each turn, they just end up going off the road in a straight line to further up the road. they look fine in basecamp, but after making the img file and loading to the micro sd card, the Nuvi 55 and 42 I have just cant seem to read them correctly.
  8. 919nick

919nick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Screen shot?
  9. Yinzer Moto

Oddometer:
    When we used GPSKevin's routes last summer, they were not perfect and definitely required a bit of interpretation from time to time.
  10. wwm66

wwm66 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Do you have your navigation set to offroad?
  11. olegmc66

olegmc66 old chevy

Oddometer:
    no its set to fastest time
  12. olegmc66

olegmc66 old chevy

Oddometer:
    20160220_093732.jpg
  13. olegmc66

olegmc66 old chevy

Oddometer:
    the blue track in basecamp follows the 138 road exactly but when I make the img file and load to the garmin nuvi 55 this is what it looks like, just draws straight lines