Making of the "Oklahoma Adventure Trail"

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States' started by OKlr, Oct 25, 2012.

1. vt700guy

vt700guy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I live just a few miles off the OAT in northern Oklahoma west of Enid. I'd be happy to meet up with you to ride. It should start warming up here over the next couple weeks and the riding will be great as long as you don't get into rain/mud. I have ridden the entire NW section and hopefully will do the Perry to 412 east section soon.
    Snake Oiler likes this.
  2. brap attack

brap attack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey VT, I’ll keep you posted as to my leave dates and the likes. Getting everything prepped these last few days, feels good. Do you have an idea of how long you’d like to ride for? I’ll be tent camping along the way for sure.
  3. dewey405

dewey405 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm going to ride the western oat next weekend if I don't end up teaching class. I don't care if I start north and work south or reverse, it will be Fri-sun evening.
  4. vt700guy

Oddometer:
    Just depends when you come through what I have going on. Worst case I'd at least be able to camp a night with you somewhere.
  5. vt700guy

Oddometer:
    Keep us posted, if I'm around I'll join you for a while.
    dewey405 likes this.
  6. brap attack

brap attack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I’ll post as soon as I know. It’s still slightly up in the air but I should know by Tuesday what my plan is. I was planning around st. Patty’s day to start
  7. vt700guy

Oddometer:
    Sounds good. You have any idea where you are camping yet?
  8. brap attack

brap attack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No not yet, I’m waiting on my gps to get in, Tuesday, to figure out the route more. I’ll probably know by Wednesday. I kinda fly by the seat on those choices usually, weather and fatigue can change those plans, I like to remain flexible . Freecampsites.net is an excellent resource for that too. Planning on day riding only.
  9. brap attack

brap attack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    so I've been doing a little research on the route and it looks like I may stay on the TAT all the way through. I'm planning on going to the Salt Plains as that is where the two trails meet and that area looks sweet. That'd be a great place to meet up with you VT as you already know. If the riding is about the same from there to Bartlesville I'd prefer to stay north on the TAT as it is more direct and I'd rather spend time riding in more interesting terrain if its about the same. I also like meeting people and riding so if you are available when im coming through VT and prefer the OAT i'd ride it with you. As I don't know any information or comparison between the two I'd trust what others had to say here. It should take me 3 days to get to the salt plains if i'm doing 200 mile days, maybe ill push it we will see how i feel about it once underway.
  10. vt700guy

Oddometer:
    Salt Plains is a great area to camp, and would be a great place to meet. I'm on the tent space thread and would be happy to host you here at my house about 30 minutes south of Salt Plains also if you would prefer. I don't have a preference as far as routes. I have ridden that area on the OAT, but not the TAT. I would guess both are very similar.
    Snake Oiler likes this.
  11. brap attack

brap attack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the offer! I’ll probably take you upon that, I don’t mind a little extra ride time. I’ll have a much better idea tomorrow my timeframe and I’ll pm you my number and stuff like that.
  12. dewey405

Oddometer:
    So, I'm gonna post up Garmin friendly files here. Some of the roads may be slightly different but people have been asking for them so here we go.

Attached Files:

cateyetech and Hack'dTiger like this.
  13. dewey405

Oddometer:
    These tracks are based on a counter-clockwise route which is reverse the normal route, just FYI.

Attached Files:

14. dewey405

Oddometer:
    The last few

Attached Files:

15. Pixturethis

Pixturethis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome, getting ready to ride the western half July 4-7th. Starting at Altus lake and going to perry.