Malcom Smith Dual Sport ride

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Greg Minor, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Greg Minor

Greg Minor The Trespasser

Oddometer:
    Malcom smith is hosting there annual Dual Sport ride Sunday in Hemet They are doing a special Big bike ride in conjuction get details Here just click on "ride with Malcolm. I talk with the guy who is leading the adventure ride and it is going to be pretty easy They are doing several of my favorite dirt roads and after the rain the traction should be great with a pig Barbecue after the ride anyone up for it?
  2. Stinez

Stinez Rhymes with Heinz :D

Oddometer:
    That sounds like a great ride. I wish I'd of heard about it earlier. :deal
    I'm going to put a note on my 05 calendar to check the date and sign up. :thumb

:D
  3. Farioli

Farioli "just do it"

Oddometer:
    Thanks Greg for the info. I won't make, I am in Buenos Aires
  4. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    Greg... I assume you will do the "dual-sport" ride, not the "adventure" ride!
  5. Greg Minor

Oddometer:
    Well thats up in the air some I have riddin most of the stuff up that way and some of the single track stuff is pretty hairy. One trail in particular is not doable on the 950. I had a heck of a time on my 400. I most likely will do the adventure ride and just get a copy of the route for the regular ride and check it out some other time. Are you thinking of coming down? This part of the country is real pretty right now.
  6. CA Stu

CA Stu Peace and love

Oddometer:
    How was it?
    I have done it 3 times on my KLR, none of this "adventure ride" crap, the years I went there was only one route, but it did have "easy" and "hard" ways.
    I did the "easy", when Malcolm Smith says "Hard way", he is serious.

Thanks
    CA Stu
  7. Greg Minor

Oddometer:
    I did do the regular dualsport ride I only skipped on hill climb because I had ridden it before on my XR and I know it was not doable for a big bike but I did do the technical section see some pictures Here
  8. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    It's stuff like this that makes me wish I still lived in Moreno Valley. :cry