manley hot springs alaska

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by gtcoop, Aug 6, 2005.

1. gtcoop

gtcoop Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i was close to there a few weeks ago and was thinking for next years ride i would like to go there...i was told there is gas ,but is there a campground and a restaurant also?? thanks,,any pics??
  2. AkBrian

AkBrian Long timer

Oddometer:
    When you cross over the bridge into Manley, the campground is on the south bank of the slough, a $5 a day donation to the community association is requested, you pay at the Lodge. The Manley Roadhouse and Lodge has meals, a bar, and rooms in the circa 1910 building. The store/post office/gas staion/liquor store is open Monday to Friday, but they will open other times if really necessary. Ask at the lodge. You can reserve the hot springs for $5/per person/per hour. Make reservations early in the day. Its not part of the lodge, but they can tell you who to call. Cabins/rooms in Manley are in the $50-$100 range. Weekends the bar may be open until 5:00AM, if the locals happen to feel like whooping it up. Great place.

Watch the last ten miles of road. 70mph paved straightaways dump into 20MPH corners with lose gravel. Be careful.
    -AkBrian
  3. gtcoop

gtcoop Adventurer

Oddometer:
    thanks for the reply,now i can plan on going there next year.