1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

Manual windshield pitch adjuster 2000 R1100RS

Discussion in 'Bike Parts and Accessories' started by mymotorbike, Sep 23, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mymotorbike

mymotorbike 2000 R1100RS

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have one of these? for my 2000 R1100RS

Part number 04 46 63 2313276 Adjusting shaft

The plastic top popped off but I saved the top and spring. I did such a good job gluing that I never wanted to take it off (or have it come off again) but I had forgotten to put the spring in before applying the glue. 4 years ago. Now today I did take the adjuster cap off and dusted off the spring (which I stepped on a little bit last week) but maybe I lost some other parts it seems.

The unit is not working right even with the spring. It does not "jump up" or extend between storage and adjustment settings.

I took it apart again and punched the drift pin out in the center long slots (which may or may not have been necessary) and I got it as fully apart as possible for me (removed with a large amount of unpleasant friction while pulling). By pulling off the outer barrel. Now I see a second smaller pin in this same inner shaft with a triangle shaped three pointed "star" and a ball bearing w/ spring beneath it.

There appears to be a hollow on the top of the pin. Maybe where the first ball bearing went in before the star wheel got pinned, or is that hollow supposed to accept a second ball bearing on top (and maybe a washer)?

Germans! Amazing intellectual problem solving or something.

I hope you have had a laugh at my predicament. And please let me know if you have one in your cache there. Maybe I can get a "good try" shadetree discount ;) but whatever shipping costs is what that costs and I can pay pal venmo credit card or mail cash first. I am not in a big hurry but don't worry it still runs (rideable)!

Except that a couple days ago the clutch slipped twice on one ride at peak thrust in 5th apparently.

Best and thanks,
    Jebb[​IMG]

[​IMG] 20200923_104313.jpg
  2. zigyphoto

zigyphoto PAY ATTENTION Supporter

Oddometer:
    suggest you specify bike model and year..

z
  3. mymotorbike

mymotorbike 2000 R1100RS

Oddometer:
    2000 R1100RS
  4. mymotorbike

mymotorbike 2000 R1100RS

Oddometer:
    am I missing a ball bearing and or washer? Has anyone had these things apart? please help.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.