maple ridge

Discussion in 'Canada' started by mblotz, Nov 13, 2006.

1. mblotz

mblotz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    so we got a place to live in maple ridge (east of vancouver), all the bikes ready to import from the US etc. so, is there anyone around maple ridge? any advise on close dirt bike trails (a nonplated dirt bike). im sure the dual sport action will be grand around there. havent been to the house yet to explore, but it looks close to the mtns so should be good. some dirt bike riding advise will be welcome.

hope to meet some of you vancouverites soon
  2. Northern Rob

Northern Rob Con Brio!

Oddometer:
    I'm new to the dual sport thing, but I think the fun starts around Maple Ridge so you should be ok. There are forestry roads that go up the lakes and into the mountains around there.

You'll definitely want to plug into these guys for good routes and to find lots of riding buddies. http://www.dualsportbc.com/.

i went on a rookie ride that they organized a few weeks ago and we all had a blast.

See you soon,

Rob
  3. HighwayChile

HighwayChile greetings from Wa state

Oddometer:
    just to the south
    http://www.mbmc.us/
    active club, I'm in oklahoma city on biz or I'd join ya on a ride:1drink
  4. dr650bc

dr650bc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the neighbourhood:D

I Live in Port Coquitlam just west of Maple Ridge. When the weather or trail is too nasty for my V-Strom1000, I break out the Ozark250 quad or the good ol XR200.

LOTS of great riding in our neck of the woods & here is a taste
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107496&highlight=dr650bc

do a search with my name and see some other great trips.

Feel free to PM for more details
  5. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Welcome home.
    Maple Ridge, yup, I'm 10 miles away as the crow flies. There is some good forest service roads in behind Hatzic Lake, only 15-20 minutes away. Then there's that island, maybe the other guys remember it, in between Mission and Dudney, right on the river, for thrashing along the shore.
    If you travel 30 miles east northeast, by Hope, you will be able to ride as far as you want off road, and you will never see one road twice.
    As soon as you get here, buy a B.C. Mapbook. It shows all the forest trails everwhere.
    Ciao, Steve
  6. teamgrizzly

teamgrizzly Even more advanced n00b!

Oddometer:
    For BC riding areas try: Team Grizzly Off-Road Motorcycle Club (Sorry for the shameless self plug here) They guys at Dualsport BC are cool too.

There is an area, McNutt, at the end of 256th St. Unfortunately the City of Maple Ridge would like to shut it down. So the best thing you can do is go to the end of 256th, unload and ride through the gate at the end of the road (go north) Everywhere else is private property. And the City says that there is no parking anywhere along 256th. But I didn't see any signs to that effect anywhere.

Also Team Grizzly puts on a dualsport ride called the Lost Bear, in Yarrow on Sept 8th.

Mike