mappite.org fans?

Discussion in 'GPS 101 - Which GPS For Me' started by hotwheels22, Mar 11, 2019.

1. hotwheels22

hotwheels22 formpig.com + motorradRP

Oddometer:
    anyone using mappite.org?

care to share the workflow - iphone or android or other (?).

worthwhile spending time working with it or not? can you export anything to another app easily?!

don’t know much about it but as i have been dipping in and out of ways to get off google maps i’ve been downloading apps and trying to play with them once in awhile and found it on my phone today.

THANKS

Attached Files:

2. scootertrog

scootertrog Jedi Fart Master

Oddometer:
    It's my "go to" route planner. :) No-frills, just simple to slam out a route on a map. I have very little patience with software and find that Mappite works more like Google Maps "used" to work than any other program. It should export your files into any program.
  3. Lewilewi

Lewilewi Ride it like you stole it......

Oddometer:
    I just designed a route in 2-3 mins that took me 45min on Tom Tom web site, and it was actually impossible on the Tom Tom device...

If I can share it as a GPx file hopefully my Tom Tom will read it....

I'm impressed with this so far,

I have a two week tour of Spain next month, and every day's riding needs editing, which is a real arse ache on Tom Toms site

This could be the answer
  4. hotwheels22

hotwheels22 formpig.com + motorradRP

Oddometer:
    thanks gents. i saw scootertrog has a tutorial on this i’ll be reading this morning.

so it is just create a route (using wifi or a wired connection i guess). export it to the cloud or some kind of disc i guess? then import the file to your mapping program?
  5. gspeed

gspeed Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yep you can, and if you have an old TomTom you can export to ITN format too. When on the go, people use to edit routes on the phone and copy it directly on the GPS device via a USB OTG cable (or bluetooth if supported by GPS)

I opened a thread here https://advrider.com/f/threads/mappite-org-create-routes-easily-feedback-wanted.1055040/ some time ago, any feedback is appreciated ;)