1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Marbleless' Excellent Baja Adventure: Punta Cabras

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Marbleless, Apr 5, 2006.

1. ZenMoto

ZenMoto Bikeslut

Oddometer:
    Ok ya bastid, you're it! :D

...We need the rest of the guys to throw in their version of day 1 now. :deal
  2. Marbleless

Marbleless Intelligentsia Wannabe

Oddometer:
    I saw that SIM chimed in with a few pix, although I think he still wants to add some copy yet. Unsure if 805gregg and BajaBiker have noticed the post yet.

-M
  3. ZenMoto

ZenMoto Bikeslut

Oddometer:
    Ok, I've updated the post and added my day 2 reckoning. ...I think I'm spent! :lol3

Not much to report for day 3, so you're pretty much on your own from here on out. :deal

-Z
  4. Marbleless

Oddometer:
    I heard from Gregg that he did get some pictures. Now I'll have to race over to his house to get the pix to keep the story flow going before I post my Day-3 stuff.

-M
  5. ZenMoto

ZenMoto Bikeslut

Oddometer:
    Well you better get crackin' ...I can't wait to find out about your *ahem* border crossing adventure! :rofl

C'mon ...get a move on!!! :amazon:pierce

:lol3 (great job so far BTW) :thumb
  6. Marbleless

Oddometer:
    I'm getting there.
  7. Marbleless

Oddometer:
    I can do it myself, but why bother when you've got a strapping big ZenMoto nearby. Thanks, ZM!

-M
  8. Marbleless

Oddometer:
    Okay, Baja afficianados! I just posted my last bit o' story and pix from the Baja Cabras trip on the Ride Report page. Will probably have some shots and story from 805gregg coming as the last input in a day or two.

See you all on the next trip!...

-M
  9. ZenMoto

ZenMoto Bikeslut

Oddometer:
    De nada, anytime mi amigo. (yes, ...I speak no Spanish whatsoever!) :lol3
  10. Marbleless

Oddometer:
    So, who wants to go on the next Baja-Lite trip, where do you want to go, and for how long?

-M
  11. Trey650

Trey650 Are We There Yet?

Oddometer:
    I'm in. Would Gonzaga Bay be too far out of the way? Or perhaps Colonet before they destroy it?
  12. Marbleless

Oddometer:
    Depends on how long you want to go for. I've been doing these 4-day weekend trips lately.

The Colonet route would be my first choice for the next ride. In fact, this past trip I reconnoitered a route down to Cerro Solo that I'd like to push further south along the coast to Cabo Colonet. My goal on this one is to link up various coast routes on the Pacific to gain a cool temperature route that can be done even in the dead of summer, when the Cortez side is hotter than the bowels of hell...

-M
  13. Marbleless

Oddometer:
    Hmm. Seems there's a rising tide of ADVers calling for non-hardcore Baja adventures, but no one's stepping up to be an ongoing trip guide. Maybe I can fill a need here and have 10-or-12 trips a year down there. Interesting.

I'm no Baja expert yet, but I love going down there, and am motivated to make sure that those that are put off by not wanting to be "That Guy" on a hardcore dirt trip have a place to get their Baja fix. I just have to see if the mistress will let me undock the fun ship that often. :whip

Perhaps I should start a new ongoing thread in the West section that just focuses on Baja trips? It could act as a clearing house for information on going down there, and bring folks together for trips. :freaky

I'm envisioning a series of fun trips, some sport touring on paved roads, some dual-sport oriented, and some for folks who want to try my favorite brand of riding - tri-sporting (strap your favorite third sport on the side of yer ride). I could have a how-to section for the tri-sporting half-breeds like myself. :tb

The first post or so could be continually edited with updates on the latest trip, upcoming trips, and previous trip links to keep up interest. Anybody interested?:lurk

-M
  14. ErrinV

ErrinV D Boon!

Oddometer:
    Hi Marbleless,

I really want to do a trip to Baja, but I'd be limited to a 3-day trip most likely for the near future. Probably wouldn't be able to do anything longer until September or so. I'd be up for a more dirt than pavement route once south of the border.

Errin
  15. rolandska

rolandska Around Town Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm down for it just let me know when
  16. dyvking

dyvking ahead of his flamin star

Oddometer:
    Yeah.. I'd go. I'm getting to the point where I'm too old to heal as fast as I used to, so the soft-to-moderate core ride is of interest to me. I've been to Baja many times to dive and paddle, but never been down on the big pig. I have summers off, but not many long weekends. The cooler coastal runs sounds great.
  17. EphTwoEight

EphTwoEight Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dang M, maybe you didnt give enough notice about our trips, :D

Maybe you could quit yer day job, and tour these dudes, one or two at a time, till all 30,000 ADVriders realize what a fun place it is!:D
  18. Marbleless

Oddometer:
    Yep. My little trips are like Baja proseletyzing to the ADV set. Maybe my new moniker can be Brother Marbleless.

-M
  19. ZenMoto

ZenMoto Bikeslut

Oddometer:
    Ok, ...but you have to start wearing a brown robe with a rope belt and smacking yourself in the head with a paddle! :D (I hope someone gets this reference)

-Z
  20. Marbleless

Oddometer:
    It's either Life of Brian, or perhaps that movie with that guy with the bulging eyes...