1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Marbleless' Excellent Baja Adventure: Punta Cabras

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Marbleless, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Marbleless

Marbleless Intelligentsia Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Dang, I have no idea what this thread is about anymore...

No wait, I do. It's a way for all of us that went on the last Baja ride to maintain a connection with eachother even though we have returned to our semi-far-flung domiciles. I think we need this communication, because it is so hard to find and meet those to share the special bond that is formed when travelling, especially on motocicletas.

In Madre Baja, we have been enveloped in welcoming arms, and to her bosom I wish to return again and again.

I believe that due to the shared love of Baja for those that have been there, and the idea of Baja for those that still dream of visiting, that this thread has become one of the most viewed and responded to threads in the West Regional Forums area of ADV rider.

Here's another vote for starting a separate Baja thread to give us all a place to give respect to the Mother of Motorcycling Peninsulas.

Happy Mother's Day, Madre Baja! :rabia

-M
  2. 805gregg

805gregg Long timer

Oddometer:
    I agree there should be a separate Baja forum for those of us lucky enough to go on long weekends. It would make linking up easier, for those who are going and those who want too go.
  3. RSalvarez

RSalvarez Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi, did any one ride the Bradshaw Trail National back country Byway i see it on a map of the imperial valley and is betwen Riverside county and imperial, from salton sea in Ca to La paz in Az, i am planin a trip on the historic routes of this desert.
    up by the Anza Trail to bradshaw trail to colorado river and find others trail to complete the round trip, any help will be apreciated, i place a similar cuestion in west forum but didn work yet, i tink will be moved
  4. Marbleless

Oddometer:
    If a Baja Forum doesn't get set up maybe we can get a sticky if we start a thread in the West forum strictly for Baja trips, like the one for "SoCal Dual Sport Ride Calendar 2006".

-M
  5. waltert

waltert Poseur

Oddometer:
  6. Marbleless

Oddometer:
  7. Marbleless

Oddometer:
    Hey Alvarez. Did anybody ever respond to you regarding the Bradshaw trail? I haven't been there myself but am curious if you obtained any PMs with some good information.
  8. RSalvarez

Oddometer:
    Till yesterday i dont see any response, and as is moving i dont know were to find it
    i see some info from bajadog , desertusa is the most complete source with your experience in google maps, can you help? i am convinced in do this
    the best is the colorado river end, so i can dive ( like a baja ride but in your back country ) maybe in the thunderstorm season this sumer? here some pictures http://www.billyholcomb.com/bradshaw_trail_6008.htm
    2 rider from yuma post on her homepage , but did not work i will search info in yuma her site is keithridge racing ( not sure i omit an H ) thanks
  9. RSalvarez

Oddometer:
    They do the ride, and other but i cant find new dated info, i will see if they are around the adv forum
  10. 805gregg

805gregg Long timer

Oddometer:
    I see a bunch of guys in red shirts drinking beer, but no motorcycles.
  11. RSalvarez

Oddometer:
    hi i follow this link http://www.kmsusa.com/yuma.htm
    they ride the area and other desert trails but the last info are from 2005
  12. RSalvarez

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  13. Marbleless

Oddometer:
    Here. Lemme fix this pic fer ya. You had two sets of "http//" in the address url.

[​IMG]
  14. 805gregg

805gregg Long timer

Oddometer:
    I see myself saying ouch! Was that one of the guys with the beer in his hand?
  15. RSalvarez

Oddometer:
    May be jason or her brother, the only bikers who post some about this trail
    Thanks marbleless i need learn how to post like a pro
    Did you see it on google earth?
  16. Marbleless

Oddometer:
    Es no problema.

Hey, is that a road that friend of yours is heading down or two landslide marks on a pile of rocks? Yikes! :eek1

-M
  17. RSalvarez

Oddometer:
    In the description is Part of the old road, in her story they say this was a 1 day ride ( from 2 palms to Az ) the BLM page and desertusa estimate 70 miles, i will search for more info on the southern Ca byway and historic trails of southern Ca