March Moto Madness, Tellico Plains, TN, March 26-29, 2020

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by LtDan, Feb 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LtDan

LtDan I'm going home

Oddometer:
    March 26-29, 2020 will be the 15th edition of March Moto Madness, held at 801 Steer Creek Rd, Tellico Plains, TN.

Sanctioned by the GS Giants, MMM is held in the southern Appalachian Mountains, in the shadow of the Cherokee National forest and in the heart of the some of the best riding found anywhere on the planet, MMM has grown from those initial 5 friends to encompass events in worldwide locations such as Australia, Belgium, California, England, Greece, Ireland, Japan, Spain, South Korea. The largest, and original, being the Mother rally held in Tellico Plains.

March Moto Madness, the Mother rally, 2019 hosted 750+ riders from across the United States astride a wide variety of brands, styles and sizes of motorcycles. Large touring bikes, ADV bikes, dual sports, KLR’s, cruisers and even a few sport bikes and Groms thrown in for good measure. The riding opportunities are plentiful and the area attracts a variety of riders with adventurous attitudes and a spirit of openness to whatever the journey, and the weather, can throw at them.

2020 will be the 15th rendition of MMM and will offer a new Cherokee Challenge route, the addition of a Skills course (slalom, full lock turns, figure 8’s) that will challenge all comers but not include extreme conditions like the Trials Coarse that throws every obstacle available at the participants. (Mud, creeks, rocks, logs, whatever the twisted minds of the coarse builders can come up with). The Hill Climb challenges participants to become the King of the Mountain.

Last, and certainly not least, are the eats. MMM includes 5 meals, as well as 3 nights camping, during the event. Fri, Sat & Sun breakfast, with coffee each morning, and Fri & Sat night dinners are all site prepared by our own chefs and volunteers. Shared meals have always been a big part of MMM and theycontinue to be. With a menu that is as varied and robust as the riders that come together and make March Moto Madness greater that the total sum of its parts.

For 2020 the MMM vision remains the same. For the rider, by the rider. The continued growth and camaraderie of those brought together for 3.125 days each March is proof of the bonds forged at March Moto Madness.
    $125 per rider pre registered before March 15th, $150 at the gate.
    Register at www.marchmotomadness.com
  2. epix1718

epix1718 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just requested time off from work and was approved :) Will be coming from SW Michigan. Came back in 2015 and had lots of fun, looking forward to it once again!!!
  3. Wahoo_Limp

Wahoo_Limp In over my head

Oddometer:
    I'll be there from VA. First time at the rally! Meeting my uncle there who says this is a blast of a weekend.
  4. Motoist

Motoist n00b

Oddometer:
    I'll be there for my first Dual-Sport/ADV rally. Going solo, so I'm looking forward to meeting, and hitting the trails with, new people.

~ 2017 Husqvarna FE350
    gsweave and dmason like this.
  5. gsweave

gsweave Yinz, blinkers are on, JACKWAD! Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    @LtDan

Day Passes? for Saturday.

[​IMG]
    Cuttle and norton73 like this.
  6. PatrickG450

PatrickG450 point, aim and twist

Oddometer:
    this is a great event, I'd be there but my son is graduating from Basic Training that weekend. see you guys next time.
    dmason, NxtGoRnd and gsweave like this.
  7. LtDan

LtDan I'm going home

Oddometer:
    10-4 on the day passes, $25, available either online @marchmotomadness.com or at the gate.
    See you there,
    Dan
    Buildzall likes this.
  8. gsweave

gsweave Yinz, blinkers are on, JACKWAD! Super Supporter

Oddometer:

Roger

Did you guys remember to order Rain and morning frost

:hide
    Buildzall and Kev95GS like this.
  9. BigBrian

BigBrian Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll be there!

This will be my first rally, and longest solo trip. I am coming from Eastern PA.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

I will be the giant (6'7) with a blue F800GS
    Kev95GS, phreakingeek and Motoist like this.
  10. Motoist

Motoist n00b

Oddometer:
    I'll look for you. Black Guy on a Husqvarna FE350 with a Green Sequoia and Green Canopy Tent. First rally.
    phreakingeek, dmason and BigBrian like this.
  11. LtDan

LtDan I'm going home

Oddometer:
    Forecast this year is sunny and warm, but who can really trust the weather nerds? And remember, we’ll have new portalets!
    Kev95GS, gsweave and phreakingeek like this.
  12. Kinesthesia

Kinesthesia n00b

Oddometer:
    I registered this morning. I'll be commuting from Chattanooga. I simply can't wait.
    Motoist likes this.
  13. Truett08

Truett08 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Registering soon, but just finished receiving all of my new camping gear and bike luggage! First rally for me, coming from the Asheville NC area
    phreakingeek and Motoist like this.
  14. Dash750

Dash750 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Coming from NW Florida and looking forward to it! Trying to decide what bike is better suited so any recommendations are welcome. (Big Triumph 1200 or smaller WR250).
  15. LtDan

LtDan I'm going home

Oddometer:
    Dash, bring both of them if you can, lots of great forest roads as well as tarmac, like the Cherohala Skyway for the big bike. Or we usually have some guided small bike rides that you’re 250 would be great on. Glad your coming,
    Dan
    Dash750 likes this.
  16. Texoil

Texoil Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Where at in NW FL?? I am close to Pensacola. I am thinking of heading that way with my Tiger 800. Thinking of trailering up there for my first adventure rally. Just in case the bike will not make it back.
  17. Kmont

Kmont Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    This is a great Rally. I love all of the curves in the mountain.
  18. Texoil

Texoil Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have been to the area multiple times on motorcycles. Strictly asphalt. This would be a first for offroad. The reason I would trailer is the just in case while not being the best off pavement. Long way back to Florida on foot. I have a Tiger 800 that wants to explore off pavement mountain trails.
    gsweave likes this.
  19. Dash750

Dash750 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm coming from Crestview. Will be trailering also and probably bringing both small and big bikes. (Maybe even the Honda Monkey.........who knows, perhaps the Monkey will become King of the Hill.....)
    Texoil likes this.
  20. jrodgolfer

jrodgolfer Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Just a thought, but post up what dates you're coming in? I plan on arriving Thursday afternoon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.