March Moto Madness, Tellico Plains, TN, March 26-29, 2020

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by LtDan, Feb 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ritalin Boy

Ritalin Boy Petroconsumptivitius

Oddometer:
    It takes a tough man to make a tender chicken and an even tougher one to cancel one of the premier motorcycle rallies in North America.

It's the right call for an situation that is so far out of our control it is somewhat disconcerting. I hope that in a few months you can revel in us calling you out for "over-reacting" but anyone who dares to say that now isn't paying attention to current events, especially in Italy where the citizens laughed at the governments request for social distancing. Compare this to South Korea where the government and the citizens were aggressive. Similar size countries with similar demographics. Current Score? Italy 1,809 deaths. South Korea 75.

I know our individual disappointment at not being able to party pales in comparison to those that host. Good on you for making the tough call. Any event we're at together your drinks are on me.
  2. gsweave

gsweave Yinz, blinkers are on, JACKWAD! Super Supporter

Oddometer:

Well Hell...They have closed all the State Stores in Pa so I can't even haul Bourbon down.

Right Call Kevin.

I will hug ya next year.

Changed World, is what we got.
    Kev95GS likes this.
  3. Kev95GS

Kev95GS goob

Oddometer:
    Thanks FEG32.

We'll put something out after the flood subsides for the credits. Keep your confirmation from this year and we'll have a list too.

As for shirts. We would have placed the order today. Considering putting something together with a Cancelled or Rejected shirt. Primarily to keep the t-shirt guy working.
    He's a friend and has been doing the shirts for us for a few years. Small business out of his shop, has kids, etc.

March is his busiest time of the year and unfortunately it won't be just us that cancels. We would have been a 300 shirt order for him so it's a hard hit.

We'll post it here and send an email when we do.

If anyone hasn't already joined the email list please do so. A sign up form is at the bottom of the home page on the March Moto Madness website.

Y'all still go ride and help out anybody you can along the way.

Stay on top of 'em.

Kevin
  4. gsweave

gsweave Yinz, blinkers are on, JACKWAD! Super Supporter

Oddometer:

Most important post...

Help your fellow man.

This is a time for giving not hoarding.

Kevin,
    If I don't end up dead I will take a Tee.

Weave
    Buildzall likes this.
  5. turnbyturn

turnbyturn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll buy a shirt if you put in an order too! No worries either way. Thanks for the tough calls. I'll have plenty of time to prepare the drz now. Lulz
  6. PhotoAl

PhotoAl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1, I'll buy a T-Shirt. a few years from now when we look back and remember what we went thru. Be nice to show up with a shirt that says we were there canceled. Then we will all sit around and talk about the good ole days when the state store were closed ....

I'm for supporting the little guy. Small businesses are having a tough time right now. Good time to find ways to help.
    Buildzall likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.