Marenisco(UP) Tracks

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States' started by gettr, Jul 7, 2008.

1. gettr

gettr What not to do..

Oddometer:
    Anyone got any tracks around the Marenisco area? Heading up at the end of the month. I have three days to play on the Husky.... One of the days I'm gonna try to do Cannon's ride 5. The other days are gonna be dedicated to the Marenisco area.... It's close and looks like some good Forest roads. Hopefully some good tracks (beer drinking and fishing too) to follow.....

Cannon, is there any parking at Amasa or Crystal Falls that you remember? Thinking of starting the route from there...
  2. Cannonshot

Cannonshot Having a Nice Time Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I can send you a couple of track snips that will cover the Crystal - Iron trail and the trail from Iron toward the west. You really won't need the Iron - west snip though as the trail is pretty clear. On the Crystal - Iron RR grade there is a small jog around a bridge that is blocked, but if you look around you will pick up the trail on the other side.

Don't forget your ORV sticker (available on-line or where hunting licenses are sold) for the Iron River ORV route.

I don't know about parking in Crystal, but it would be easy to find somebody here (http://www.crystalfalls.org/) that could help you out.

Edit: I noticed that the www.vvmapping.com site has some free maps for the Lake Gogebic area.
    http://www.vvmapping.com/public/Lake_Gogebic_Area.pdf
  3. gettr

gettr What not to do..

Oddometer:

Good info, Thanks Cannon. ORV sticker is covered, got that in spring. The Track snips would be greatly appreciated....

Dennis
  4. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    This .gpx covers snowmobile trail from Crystal Falls to Iron River and ORV trail from Iron River west. Can be ridden on a dual sport.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. gettr

gettr What not to do..

Oddometer:
    Day1 = 80 miles.... all good.

Day2= 200 miles with rain, hail, down trees, severe thunderstorm warnings....lol. I left in sunshine, came back in the same. In between weather wise sucked! But, OMG, what beautiful scenery. Marenisco to Bergland to near Victoria's Dam, and down to Iron River to get gas. Then back to Marenisco. All on the central UP tracks.... beautiful..

Day3 will consist of beer drinking, fishing and RESTING!

Tracks and pics to be posted in my Marenisco thread soon.
  6. gettr

gettr What not to do..

Oddometer:
    Ride report here... http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367813 I ended up with two days. Good time.... I used 2trakR's tracks.... it fit the way the days went. Thanks again to Cannon and 2trakR.... your tracks and postings were what was needed to make an EXCELLENT weekend.

Thanks again,
  7. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    Looks like you had a nice ride - even with the weather! Glad you were able to use some of the tracks posted here. Hopefully, they encourage a few people to enjoy some rides in different areas. Nice bike by the way!