Marin County - looking for place to park my bike for 4 days

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by mondofresh, Aug 12, 2019 at 10:21 AM.

1. mondofresh

mondofresh n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm attending a conference in San Francisco for 4 days a the end of this month. I'm planning on riding to/from on my Honda AT. I'd like to park my bike in Marin County and then just lyft to the city. This is my first multi-day ride.

Does anyone have any recommendations for secure parking (for 4 days)? Any friendly shops/dealers that you'd recommend I reach out to?

Thanks so much!
  2. Rips Millar

Rips Millar capt. mediocre

Oddometer:
    where are you staying?
  3. mondofresh

mondofresh n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks so much for the reply. I am staying in SF, but just found a place to park my bike in San Rafael. I had trouble finding good motorcycle parking in the City and I'm glad that I'll be able to keep my bike in Marin County and not have to ride/park in the City. So I'm good for now.
  4. johnd.211

johnd.211 Oh boy...now what? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Curious about the definition of "good" motorcycle parking. I ride/park in SF daily. It's generally easy to find motorcycle street parking (metered) and it's going to be a lot cheaper than a Lyft/Uber.
  5. spafxer

spafxer Long timer

Oddometer:
    When my daughter lived in SF I would ride into the Medical Center parking structure at Clay and Webster. Motorcycle parking was $5 and I would cover the bike and not worry about it. If questioned I was visiting a patient, but I was never asked. Lots of times they wouldn't charge me since I was not using a car park stall. If they did charge me $5 I felt they were pocketing the cash anyway.