Maui and Kauai tours or rentals?

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Flailmaster, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Flailmaster

Flailmaster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi everyone, we're headed to Maui and Kauai in November for two weeks and I'm hoping to get on some trails while I'm there. I searched for posts on here about Maui and Kauai and the most recent ones I found were at least a couple of years old. I was curious if anyone had any recent experiences. One of the main tour companies (maui moto) posted on their site that they've stopped doing their moto tours but still offer a dual sport tour. Has anyone taken these tours? Found good trails on their own? Found a reliable rental place? Stoked to see the islands on two wheels, any advice is greatly appreciated! (Kauai info would be gold)
    thanks, Mike
  2. PittsDriver

PittsDriver Fuse lit.... Supporter

Oddometer:
    I rented from Maui Moto on several trips there. Mike is a great guy that will treat you right. There's some fun riding up in Poli Poli park up the backside of Haleakala. I've also done a full day of single track riding up in the West Maui Mountains with Mike but not sure if that area is still open to ride or not. It was pretty incredible up there on the KTM 350 EXC that I rented from Mike.
  3. Flailmaster

Flailmaster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mmm.. single track on Maui! Sounds awesome. Thanks for the recommendation Pitts, fingers crossed there's still some off road riding over there. I'll give Mike a shout and see what tours he's still offering. It all looks amazing.
    brianpeck likes this.
  4. PittsDriver

PittsDriver Fuse lit.... Supporter

Oddometer:
    He might not be offering tours but his shop in Kahului is pretty close to the west Maui Mountains. We jumped on the single tracks out of Lahaina. Take the road around the West Maui mountains (bucket list ride all to its own) and he can probably tell you how to connect from there up into the Cook pine forests.
  5. Persistant

Persistant n00b

Oddometer:
    Also heading to Kauai soon and only can find Harley rentals....(not interested). Anyone know of any outfits renting 2 up size ADV style or sport tour bikes on Kauai?
  6. gentimmy

gentimmy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes, I rented a WR250R set up as SuMo while in Kauai - they also have a couple of XT's and a DR. https://www.kauai-mopeds.com/
  7. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not trail riding but I had a great day circumnavigating Maui on one of Maui Dual Sport's 390 Dukes. It's the perfect bike for the north side of the island and the Hana highway. You have to hustle a bit to make it all the way around in a day..