May as well motel it instead of camp....

Discussion in 'Americas' started by theshnizzle, Mar 2, 2017.

1. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    Villa Maria Sanitarium, Claremont, CA. USA
    We just did 7 nights with two people paying. 6 nights camping total $66 each. 1 night hotel $85 for me and the Mrs, $75 for the other guy. You do the math.
  2. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    Japan is awesome for that one, IF you pay, and that is a big if its like ¥1000-1500.....I usually end up spending more on food and beer

Of course I am an un-repentant city-slicker so two or three nights and most and its time for a hotel, my companion goes into laundry withdraw (no shit its a thing) by that point anyway and one must keep the womenfolk happy.

Here its basically go go go go, and make sure that you fill up around 5ish because any later and you may not be able to get gas, then whenever you decide its a good time to stop, there is camping no more than 20km away, even if its just a city park, you can slap a tent down and no have to worry about.

I was out about 5 weeks this year and I don't think my total bill for camping passed 200 bucks.....(not counting food/beer/gas of course).
  3. scootac

scootac Just a Traveler

Oddometer:
    Which 3 might they be??? No RVs would be a good thing!
    Spaces too close? Yes!!! My neighbor has a toy hauler for his GW trike....and no way in Hell do I want to camp next to his likes when I'm trying to get away from him!
    Can't believe the amount of crap prople think they NEED to have with them....and still call it camping!?!?
  4. bikerfish

bikerfish flyfishandride

Oddometer:
    Reeds Gap, Penn Roosevelt, and Ravensburg.
    theregulator and scootac like this.