Mayday Melee. May 9-11, 2014. Rio Nido, CA

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Whammo, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Whammo

Whammo Nature's toothbrush

Oddometer:
    Huge thank you's from Brad, Raena and I to everyone who joined us this weekend. The folks who continue to join us year after year for our humble gathering are a real inspiration to us, but having said that, sending out a HUGE shout-out to the first-timers who finally ran out of excuses and made this their first rally. Thank you, everyone.
    We're continuing to send out good thoughts to Cheryl Story after her unfortunate get-off Friday afternoon. Get well soon, sweetie. You were missed.
    Finally an apology to everyone about some of the, uh...entertainment provided by a few local bad apples. Obviously we can't hold these events in a vacuum, and the River is, well...the River. Thank you for everyone's patience and understanding.
    That's it.
    You guys rock, and are the ONLY reason we keep doing these.
    Thanks again,
    Josh
  2. dravnx

dravnx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They're called "local color". Comes with the territory.
  3. backoutonthehighway

backoutonthehighway ATGMOTT/MOTGATT

Oddometer:
    With the major exception of Cheryl's get off on the way up :cry, Mayday Melee was as expected another typical great time - again. Have to remember to actually take a camera next time. Only a couple of photos from the phone - seems like all Gerg does is sleep.

[​IMG]

And it Josh appeared to be a little washed out on Sunday.

[​IMG]

Evidence that the crew and team at Rio Nido Roadhouse did a fine job of taking care of us inmates. Brad, Raena, & Josh; Thank you all for great hosting. And thanks to the rest of the team there as well. You guys keep improving every event (dinner was exceptional this year)! :deal

Great to see old friends, make some new ones, and generally relax for a weekend. We'll be back!
  4. Sfcootz

Sfcootz fap:hoon Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Gergy bear!!!! :raabia

I'll be back for the Redwood Rendezvous if it doesn't fall over kids birthday weekend.... and maybe then I'll come anyway. Lots of food and a swimming pool is his idea of heaven.
  5. rollinrob

rollinrob Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great time, great food, awesome staff, perfect weather etc., etc....
  6. JStory

JStory Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    OK. Where to start.
    Update: Cheryl is gong to be OK. She was transferred to Kaiser in Vacaville Sunday evening. No life threatening injuries. She has a fractured sternum, four fractured ribs(two on each side), and four fractured vertabrae. None of the fractures are displaced and none require surgery. No head or neck injuries. She'll have to wear a brace for about three months while the vertabrae heal.

BackoutontheHighway(Bill) and Exwingnut(Steve), I can't thank you guys enough for being there and staying with Cheryl. That means more to me than you know.
    Tiny(Brad) and Raena, Bill and Annie, driving me and my stuff back and forth over the weekend, handling my stuff, and general support, caring and kindness. Thank You so much.
    Bill, Steve, Gerg, and John, for setting up my house and stowing my stuff on Friday, Thank You.
    Everyone else who was there offering places to stay, getting my dinner(Luca), drinks(Bill, Sasha, Sue, Aaron, and I have probably forgotten someone), or offering words of support and kindness, I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
    The generosity, kindness and support offered me by all of you is truly humbling. I honestly don't know to properly express my gratitude.
    I do know that when shit gets pear-shaped, that YFFs are the people I want around.
  7. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:

So glad to hear it Jeff. :thumb
  8. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    Dang I was wondering what happened with Cheryl,didnt know it was that much of a go-down......cripes, poor girl. Very glad to hear its all going to heal with out doctors getting too involved.

Also glad there were plenty of the right folks there to help!
  9. sopascat

sopascat not much of an adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Oh Jeff, so sorry, didn't realize it was that much of a get off for Cheryl. So glad to hear it wasn't worse. My best to both of you
  10. Whammo

Whammo Nature's toothbrush

Oddometer:
    You have a room # Jeff?
    How long is she staying?
  11. Bonerov

Bonerov Damned dirty ape

Oddometer:
    Fingers crossed for a speedy and relatively painless recovery. She's got a great husband, which should help significantly. If you guys need anything at all, you know where to find me.
  12. DaFoole

DaFoole Well Marbled... Supporter

Oddometer:

For those who do not know Jeff, he comes across as a gruff red-neck (which he is....:lol3), though he is actually an amazing, very diverse, well read and well rounded guy....Cheryl is a Gem...they are both awesome people!!

I was crushed when I heard Cheryl had gone down....scared and horrified when I heard she had a fractured sternum (medical knowledge is NOT a bonus in these kind of situations...) I cannot express my relief at the news she does not need surgery. I want to thank all those who helped and express my relief and happiness she is doing well (relative term). It was the dark side of a very, very awesome three days.

All that crap aside, I want to thank Whammo, Tiny and the awesome cast of the Rio Nido Roadhouse (Raena.....:raabia :knary) for what was, once again, a superlative and wonderful 3 days. Great food, great beer, great people!!

It DOES NOT GET BETTER THAN THIS at an ADV rally!! No shit!!

RIO NIDO ROCKS!!!!!! :clap

:freaky

I promise to post up a few pics in the next few days....work sucks....:cry
  13. mongox

mongox ARRRRGH!!!

Oddometer:
    Hey Jeff, relatively God news, take care of that lady.
    Thanks to the RNR staff, you folks rock. Arrrrrgh

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  14. DaFoole

DaFoole Well Marbled... Supporter

Oddometer:

:ear
  15. scottmac

scottmac Long timer

Oddometer:

I missed you on the way out yesterday. Good seeing you again Eric!

ARRRGH!!!!:freaky
  16. JStory

JStory Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    If tonight goes well, she'll probably be going home tomorrow.
    She's cleared to sit/stand with a brace on. From here on out, it's just time.
  17. scottmac

scottmac Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good news Jeff!

Take good care of her and make sure she follows the doctors orders.:D
  18. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer

Oddometer:
    Home... had a nice visit with friends yesterday afternoon then home this morning.

Had a GREAT time and thanks to the crew for putting up with us and the FANTASTIC food! Was great to see some new folks and chat with old friends. Special Thanks to Bill and Annie for the help through AND CURE for the Migraine. Sure screwed up my Saturday night drinking though...:cry

Glad to hear Sheryl is doing OK. I know she is in loving hands for the healing process. :thumb

See y'all in September!

Gerg :gerg
  19. sueohawk

sueohawk Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's good news Jeff! Take good care of her, sounds like the hard part will be slowing her down to follow doctor's orders.
  20. Sfcootz

Sfcootz fap:hoon Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm sending good thoughts Cheryl's way. I hope for a fast and complete recovery and I look forward to meeting her.