Mazatlan to La Paz ferry - Still sailing???

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by ThePinkRobot, Aug 1, 2018.

1. ThePinkRobot

ThePinkRobot n00b

Oddometer:
    I am looking to cross from Mazatlan to La Paz on Friday, but I can't find any sailings on the 'DirectFerries' or 'BajaFerries'. Does anyone have information if this route is still sailing??

I have been able to find sailings from Topolobampo, but that is several hours north and I would rather not do the additional drive in possible...
  2. Sascha

Sascha Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I guess you found a way by now... Just for anyone is reading this post in the future, dont now if its worth though cause things are changing here constantly. But:

Bajaferries is not going to Matzatlan in the off-season, only from November onward. But there is another ferry, its a cargo ferry 2.500pesos for one bike and one rider, no cabins available, sleep on the deck... ;°°( Anyway we take it next Monday

TMC ferrys
    call here ‭(612) 128 8652 )
    Omnimo likes this.
  3. lifestooshortadv

lifestooshortadv n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello!!

Just incase you didn't go yet - No, the ferry is not sailing to Mazatlan while they do repairs on the ferry! We went to topolombopo instead, which was fine. Just adds 5 hours of boring riding on....

safe trip!!
  4. HellsAlien

HellsAlien a has-been that never-was

Oddometer:
    Repairs eh? Not surprised about that.
    I bet that is the same ferry I saw when I was in Mazatlan as a kid in 1963.
  5. hboehle

hboehle Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Not to poke an old thread (though this is the most recent on this topic) and maybe it would be good to periodically have updates on the ferry options in this thread.
    I know it's off season for some of the ferries, but does anyone know the situation with TMC? I plugged through their website for a La Paz to Mazatlan, dates out in November, and it showed no departures. Is TMC also off season, or not running La Paz to Mazatlan anymore?
  6. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    A quick search gives the phone and email contacts. Being Mexico they probably do not book that far out! Call them and if yout Spanish is not that great find some one you know who can help with the Spanish.
  7. hboehle

hboehle Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That is a good point, I will certainly call and can post an update. I guess with the whole ticket scheduling interface on their site had me thinking that's how they operate.
  8. going south

going south hero & Zero...

Oddometer:
    I can't say if it's freight only, humans & freight? or what...
    But I do see the/a Ferry, coming and going quite regular, and all the semi trucks that hang out in that area coming and going...
    Next time i'm downtown I'll stick my head in the window and see what go on...