Meanwhile in Canada

Discussion in 'Canada' started by gqelements, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Sandy346

Sandy346 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Beautiful riding weather here on the west coast, and me waiting for new battery to arrive.
  2. borscht zanetti

borscht zanetti Pura Vida ! ... eh?

Oddometer:
    It is beautiful. Here in the mountains, it takes till early afternoon to shake off the morning chill of about -3. But there is good warmth in that sun once it’s up. I have tomorrow off. Planning on a decent ride through the valleys.
    MGV8 likes this.
  3. MGV8

MGV8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Finally!! got to practice a little social distancing this afternoon. The ice is just about off Mara lake. A few sandy spots got my attention on Salmon River road, other wise an awesome ride to start the season. Feeling a tad rusty on two wheels, I'll have to practice some more tomorrow:D
    zFWV41HpTv2mIjE4LtJM3Q.jpg
    DFaj9+xqSFukIRNHfrrt+Q.jpg
    VpBWDi1mSGCVbWmgkU4GcQ.jpg
    4ETfIpqgR7G0AUOK7vBAdw.jpg
    spacely, Millwright98, 'Bob' and 14 others like this.
  4. elBeardo

elBeardo Get busy living

Oddometer:
    Beautiful Sunday afternoon here in southern Saskatchewan. Stay safe Canada

8C605C25-5811-4D25-9281-1C1ED9F329EF.jpeg
    Mc107, 'Bob', Argus16 and 5 others like this.
  5. chevmekanik

chevmekanik Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like you missed the sign. Damn people loitering on bridges taking pictures! Lol. Glad you got out!
    MGV8 likes this.
  6. ontrip

ontrip Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    With the US/Mexico border closed to all others than US citizens and commerce now, would think that there may be a few Canadian riders trapped in Mexico unable to get back to Canada Via USA.
    MGV8 likes this.
  7. MGV8

Oddometer:
    One of my favourite spots to loiter :-)
  8. MGV8

Oddometer:
    Not so nice out today. All the roads were covered with sand, so you had to watch. Any of the other routes were too muddy or no even open. Kinda fun to see a family out on snow mobiles in one spot. I'ma tad early The ice fishers are still out but "what the hay"

YtR+jlrpRyKbYMjj+HSgyg.jpg
    ubQm7F4VS8mxRmWwaFF9MA.jpg
    9rdDTe+oRlWc45AdKLTu9Q.jpg
    5Gzs+WmdT4SI1zLjuSedng.jpg
    pG1c4wMQTSCvK+F6SuS0JQ.jpg
    farmerger, 'Bob' and DyrWolf like this.
  9. Sandy346

Sandy346 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice ride and photos MGV8, hope you have some heated gear. I spent a couple of good summers on Mara lake as a kid. My Aunt & Uncle had a rustic cabin on the water, but sold it in the late 60’s. Be safe with all the gravel and sand still on the road.
    MGV8 likes this.
  10. shuswap1

shuswap1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    MGV8 likes this.
  11. MGV8

Oddometer:
    Yes, rode around White lake, then out to the Eagle bay store. More or less just to get out and about. Needed the helmet time to decide what I'm going to do with this damn Virus thing and how to deal with the keeping the shop open. Still so nice to be out even if a tad early.
    Spent most of my life on or about the Shuswap. creates awesome memories. A definite yes to the heated gear. Used the new First Gear today. ( Warm and Safe, they had to warranty one as didn't last a whole season) Not as warm as the Gerbings I had on yesterday. ( picked up from a customer by chance this winter) More wind protection with the Gerbings I think. I had the First Gear jacket cranked to the max today. The Darian lets a surprising amount of air flow through. Great on a warm day but not so much on a cold day like today. Layers is the answer, if I was smart enough to stop and do it :lol3
    Cal likes this.
  12. DyrWolf

DyrWolf Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    FF4B7BE1-BCB4-4217-8E65-6492AE29FA91.jpeg Im in Va and my daughter is in Ohio. We have a great love for Ontario and need to see more of your country. Anyway social distance orders and trying to have fun we did Canada at home day. I went pike fishing and daughter took grandson 4 wheeling in the yard. Stay safe all
    B8D577C8-386A-4B09-BBF7-B781E87DCCB9.jpeg
    MGV8, 996DL, Cal and 2 others like this.
  13. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    Nice... I think that's a Pickerel.

Supposed to be 9c here tomorrow and I plan to hunt a few of those friggers down.

Millwright98 and DyrWolf like this.
  14. DyrWolf

Oddometer:
    Yes chain pickerel thats our pike. 24 inch is citation here lol. Thats a 6 “ worm so thats a good fish here. Have not spent my vacation money and if I don’t maybe next year i can afford a fly in trip that I have always wanted to do
    Millwright98 and Maggot12 like this.
  15. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    It's an invasive species here so no size limit.
    Allowed 100 a day.
    Was gonna get my license tomorrow morning, and just read the season is postponed till may due to CV19...

WTF... No better way to keep some sanity, and get a little exercise, than peddling a kayak around, alone on a 3 km lake.

DyrWolf likes this.
  16. DyrWolf

Oddometer:
    B39FC2F5-27A2-4990-A11A-D49B085D443B.jpeg My state
    Reading with gloves on at work
    Maggot12 likes this.
  17. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    Getting the same message... trying to avoid a bunch of folks haggling together at docks/ramps. I'm trying to understand it, even though I could pull my yak to the lake and not be 30 meters from anyone getting there and a 1/2 km away from anyone on the lake.

18. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fishing season postponed due to Covid 19 what kind of dum F*'s are running this country?
    Maggot12 likes this.
  19. Ibraz

Ibraz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll just leave this here.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory

Aside from that, I met a pretty lady who rides a dual sport, likes beer, and lives in the city center just before the lockdown. The texting has been pretty intense since then. It would be great if neither of us was a corpse by the end of this thing. That would be really bad for the logistics of the planned rides.

Farkles for the DR are at my place. The bikes are at the dealership and will stay there until they are allowed to open. Waypoints are in the GPS, and hydration pack is ready for the riding season.
    Meds I take for the TBI symptoms have bad side effects on the immune system so going out only happens at night or when it's raining to avoid the zombies, and spiked morning coffee seems to be the new trend. All medical apointments are delayed.

The good news is that last fall's exploring lead to the discovery of a few connecting forest service roads that allow almost 400km of gravel riding starting 25km from city center!

Edit: Had to let that out. Feel better now. Hope to meet some of you this summer.
    MGV8, chevmekanik and Argus16 like this.
  20. CanadianX

CanadianX Don’t leave a steaming pile for others.

Oddometer:
    Alright thhhhat's it, I just took the studded tires off the 300 WTF! :lol3
    [​IMG]
    glasshousebc, Ibraz and MGV8 like this.